Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,888 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Delta State Jss3 Offline Software: Matters Arising - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Delta State Jss3 Offline Software: Matters Arising (779 Views)

JSS3 Junior WAEC Timetable 2017 Is Out [PDF] / Delta State Polytechnic Otefe Robbed / 2 Reasons Why Your GPA Matters In Nigeria And 1 Reason Why It Doesn’t (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Delta State Jss3 Offline Software: Matters Arising by Offero: 10:39am On Mar 13, 2015
It is appalling that the software the Delta State minister of education released to make registration of JSS III students who are to sit for this year Junior WAEC easy compounded the registration of the students and it brought unnecessary expenses to the schools. The software made available in Warri came with two major issues: 1. the schools are given serial numbers as code. So if you want to access another school account, you can easily do that. 2. When you have registered about twenty candidates, the names start duplicating. So, if you have registered Regina, you will see Three to four Regina with her passorts overprinting on other candidates' account. When I called them to complain, they said, it was a virus in my system. So I started afresh with another system, the same story. I fixed anti-virus on my system, the same problem. I called my colleagues who were doing it, the same story. Worst off all, the Continuous assessment scores do not display in the Deltastateoutput. All the computers we used in Warri had virus. Therefore only the systems controlled by those who supplied the software at Asaba were used for the schools. But we used the systems with Virus for WAEC offline Biometrics Capture successfully.
The painful thing is that, rather than accept their shortcomings and borrow a leaf from WAEC, the Delta State Ministry of Education (department in charge of the JSS 3 registration) has shifted the blame to those who carried out the registration and may continue with the mediocre software in the next year registration. May God help us Nigerian!.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Our Education System So Poor? / Commencement Of ITF Payments / Pictures From Delta's Break The Records Seminar With Zion Oshiobugie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.