Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

I Have Moved My Site To Another Host But Webpages Not Showing - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Have Moved My Site To Another Host But Webpages Not Showing (469 Views)

Pls How Can I Move My Wordpress, Joomla Site From One Host To Another Host / Help!!! How To Add My Site To A Facebook Like Page / I Want To Move My Domain To Another Host (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Moved My Site To Another Host But Webpages Not Showing by cbrass(m): 7:59pm On Mar 13, 2015
hello i have point my site to a defferent host but i cant find my webpages. please help
Re: I Have Moved My Site To Another Host But Webpages Not Showing by DualCore1: 9:05pm On Mar 13, 2015
Confirm your files have been moved successfully and confirm your domain's DNS records have been updated to point to the nameservers of your new host.

Also note that the propagation of your DNS changes takes anything from 5 minutes to 72 hours across the world. In recent years the propagation time for Nigerian ISPs has reduced to a few hours or even minutes.

All in all, it is best to contact your new web host with this issue.
Re: I Have Moved My Site To Another Host But Webpages Not Showing by cbrass(m): 9:44pm On Mar 13, 2015
DualCore1:
Confirm your files have been moved successfully and confirm your domain's DNS records have been updated to point to the nameservers of your new host.

Also note that the propagation of your DNS changes takes anything from 5 minutes to 72 hours across the world. In recent years the propagation time for Nigerian ISPs has reduced to a few hours or even minutes.

All in all, it is best to contact your new web host with this issue.

thanks for your reply, actually i wasnt the one involved i just want to get peoples opinion here. my inlaw got a contract to host a website that was already been hosted by an host before, however he forgot to download files and folders on the previous server so that we can upload it to the new server now, the guy hosting it before doesn't want to coporate. he claims he cant find the folders again but i know that should be a lie, since it was just the DNS that changed
Re: I Have Moved My Site To Another Host But Webpages Not Showing by hilaryiwens05: 10:30am On Mar 14, 2015
change back the nameservers or login with the IP link sent to d client Wen he registered

(1) (Reply)

Review About Webkuti.in / Need Your Advice On Our SEO Forum / Who Know How To Get Huge Traffic To Website ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.