Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,689 members, 7,820,396 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Calls From Unknown Numbers - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Calls From Unknown Numbers (2475 Views)

The Nigerian Police Force Channels And Emergency Numbers / Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim / Beware Of The Fake Sms Telling You Not To Pick Calls From 08000226655 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calls From Unknown Numbers by jintujinta(m): 5:30pm On Jan 15, 2009
Do you pick calls from unknown numbers? Hm, i have a friend who doesn’t pick her calls, as long as the number is not registered on her phone. I have tried to persuade her to no avail, so i decided to find out how many others do that and why? So if you don’t, why do you not?
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by olanajim(m): 5:38pm On Jan 15, 2009
I don't even bother myself with such call. If the person hide his number then, he is not real.
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by iice(f): 5:50pm On Jan 15, 2009
Ola, he means if the person who calls is not on your list of contacts.

I do answer sometimes, because majority of the time it's my brothers' friends who call. 
But if someone is calling to ask me out with style.  .  .they better make their point in 2 mins or i will be dropping the call.
The calls are better than those random texters undecided
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by abbey10(m): 6:01pm On Jan 15, 2009
Cant agree with you less iice.
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Even if you are calling from a call centre,
you should at least have small money now!
cool cool coolcool
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by biolabee(m): 6:02pm On Jan 15, 2009
do you mean unknown or hidden numbers
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by tmoney11(m): 6:15pm On Jan 15, 2009
I don't think i ignore any calls at all
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by Mmuo(m): 6:26pm On Jan 15, 2009
Pls try pik calls cos it might be some one calling from a pay phone that has something very important to communicate. It may even be a life-saver call.

1 Like

Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by whitelexi(m): 6:27pm On Jan 15, 2009
I dont answer any calls on my mobile with no caller ID or number displayed. . .  I dont even answer any international call on my landline because if the call is from outside the UK the bloody phone displays 'international'

Mmuo:

Pls try pik calls cos it might be some one calling from a pay phone that has something very important to communicate. It may even be a life-saver call.

If its that important, they can leave a voicemail.
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by Nautillus(m): 6:40pm On Jan 15, 2009
i dont see nothing wrong in taking a call EVEN when you dont have the number registered.
it could be for a very important/emergency. . .situation. . .A mugged friend. . .hit and run situation . . . .job interview. . . .special delivery . . . .anything
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by cdoma: 9:22pm On Jan 15, 2009
sometimes i do pick it up guy but pretending not to be me if i don't know d caller, I just don't like people calling me wit private number,
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by olanajim(m): 9:24pm On Jan 15, 2009
@iice,
I thought it was unknown (hidden) number. Well it is natural to pick it. If one run out of credit or is using a second line (as many of us has more than one lines), it is wrong to ignore it.

But if the fellow hide the number, I would not even touch the phone.
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by Treetop20(m): 9:26pm On Jan 15, 2009
i do not pick up unknown numbers
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by Godalone(m): 12:36pm On Jan 16, 2009
If the number is not in my contact list i will not pick the call.
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by Eteri: 4:32pm On Jan 16, 2009
i wonder why u guys are talking like this.
must it always be prank calls.
don't u all go for interviews if u don't pick calls that are not on your contact.
u definitely will loose the job.
cos one get invited either thru text or call,
or u might be a lucky winner for a promo and the only means to contact u is thru ur no
what happens then? undecided
why im saying this is because i work for one of the telecommunication, guess how i was contacted for the job?'
2) people who wins any of our promo usually miss their chances cos they refuse to pick their calls,  cry

pls guys have a change of heart concerning this issue sad
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by biolabee(m): 4:43pm On Jan 16, 2009
@ eteri y are u begging them

their bad not yours,

yes i admit there are some unwanted numbers/callers thats not enough reason to ban unknown numbers
if hidden maybe you can have your scruples but you definitely cannot have all numbers on your phone, its your discretion to weed out calls based on the identity of the person

moreso in this age of multiple numbers per person.
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by yicob(m): 4:47pm On Jan 16, 2009
Even Billy Gates dey pick unknown number. What da heck cry
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by bluespice(f): 5:04pm On Jan 16, 2009
bill gates no dey pick unknown calls oh cheesy
anyway, i dont even pick some calls from my contact list
i rarely pick calls i dont know only when im expecting something
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by steve49ja(m): 5:12pm On Jan 16, 2009
I dont pick calls in the early hours of the day like 12:00--7:00am except i'm expecting it,
but hidden number oh or unsaved number so far na call no be flassh ama pick-up what pisses me off is peeps that just keep flashing
Dont mind sharing this:
Today one of dem shorties we de form am God-fearing and Dont like SXE flashed me 9times i almost receive sack letter  sad and my ringtone I GOT MONEY lil wayne and T pain is so loud

That can be so so annoying, i later called the babe but she just de waiste ma money she no gree talk angry
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by bluespice(f): 5:21pm On Jan 16, 2009
flashers piss the Bleep off me
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by HorneyChic(f): 5:29pm On Jan 16, 2009
Kini big deal? If the number is hidden so what?
I think Nigerians are childish and petty. What risk is there in picking?
U can always use the end or power button to end and switch off respectively when the conversation b'comes a problem.
Una funny sha grin grin grin is this an issue?
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by biolabee(m): 8:15pm On Jan 16, 2009
Thank you HorneyChic
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by sistawoman: 8:22pm On Jan 16, 2009
I pick up all calls. My cousin is a doctor and her phone, althou stored in my phone, still comes in unavailable on the caller ID.

If it is someone I dont want to talk to I know how to hang up the phone. But i get 3000 minutes a month and never use all of them, so it makes me no never mind. I dont know how i react if i had to pre-pay for my service or had less minutes.
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by DaPhoenix(f): 8:27pm On Jan 16, 2009
It depends on my mood. Most times I pick up calls from unknown numbers because they tend to be important calls.
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 16, 2009
no.
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by otikpoko(m): 12:35pm On Jan 18, 2009
I do not pick calls with a withheld number or unknown caller.Aside that,i do pick other calls.
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by PurestBoy(m): 5:35pm On Jan 18, 2009
otikpoko:

I do not pick calls with a withheld number or unknown caller.Aside that,i do pick other calls.

IOt might be the only call you neeed to survive the next 24 hours. So do not ignore calls. Someone you love may unknowingly made a wrong setting on his/her phone and the number may be hidden as a restult.
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by jintujinta(m): 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2009
Well, as i thought that my friend wasnt the only one doing it, let me narrate a story for those who still think they shouldnt pick unknown numbers. A bus going to Abuja from Lagos had an accident, some died, few survived, when the vehicle sommersaulted.

FRSC got their and saw scattered luggage, phones , etc. they picked the phones and satrted calling to inform the friends or relatives of the victims. Some phones had credit some didnt have. They called with the phones that had credit and informed the receiver that the owner of the phone was involved in an accident. they used their own numbers to call friends or relatives of others whose phones didnt have credit.

If any of the friend or relative had refused to pick the call because of unknown number, the whereabout of such a victim may not be known and possible help may not get to the victim fast enough.

I pick all calls, registered, unknown and hidden. Some international calls come as hidden when they use call cards. In situations when 419ner have called me, i had simply wasted their credits and told them off later or simply told them off once they begin their story about working in shell or abuja and wanting me to do some supply business or the likes.

You can pick a call and cut it off when the caller doesnt sound like what you want to listen to. it wont harm you. The unknown casll you ignore, may be the opportunity to get a job or save a life.

I hope my friend, Janami, will change her attitude after reading this.
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by deleson: 10:11pm On Jan 19, 2009
I do answer calls from both unknown and private number.
Never can say,maybe its an international pal,a local friend trying 2 play smart and funny or an unknown person wanting to conceal his or her number.
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by janami(f): 12:03pm On Jan 21, 2009
Jintu
Ok sad.

i am repentant dear smiley
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by waterworks(f): 1:50pm On Jan 21, 2009
jEEZ wat a load of bull!
y all tyhis hype over unknown or unstored numbers? your phone is ringing, pick it up! highest if its wat u dint wnt to hear hears a suggestion hang up! its not like ur paying to receive tha calls!

And as evryone already said it could be a frnd in need hu got stranded and borrowed a frnd or even strangers phone (most people request that you use private number when using thier phone) as for me i pik up all my calls and actually wince wen i see missed calls! i like the thrill of never knowing who it could be, an old frind hu just found ur number frm a frnd an enquiry for someone, old toaster hu lost ur number or something (hu u thot never called), someone trying to return ur frnds stolen phone. . . the possibilities are enless! why all this fuss? dnt tell me u guys are still afraid of the "magical gsm number"?? lol NIAJA!

For those beign wary about strangers you cant be hurt over the phone. . . live a little!
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by tayoast(m): 3:18pm On Jan 21, 2009
Does it matter?

Different strokes for Different folks.

I pick whenever the phone rings.
Re: Calls From Unknown Numbers by JaYy(m): 1:00am On Jan 22, 2009
BEWARE OF PRIVATE CALLS (Hidden Nos.) !!!
PICK UNKNOWN CALLS - It could save someones life, even yours!!!

(1) (Reply)

Romance Section Or Fight-attacking Section / Who Is The Oldest Nairalander? / Funny Bus Stops In Abeokuta, Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.