Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Need Help Adding A Responsive Navigation Menu To My Website. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Need Help Adding A Responsive Navigation Menu To My Website. (716 Views)

Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report / Webmaster How Will You Create This Menu? / How To Integrate Online Payment In My Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help Adding A Responsive Navigation Menu To My Website. by Olive64(m): 11:05pm On Mar 14, 2015
Hello Everyone,
I developed a classifieds website for my School and i'm searching for more cool ways to improve on it.
One major defect the site has is a lack of a Navigation menu which i would really love to use.
I googled a lot of tutorials and actually found a really cool navigation menu, but the problem is that when i reduce the browser's window to check the site's responsiveness or use a mobile device, the navigation menu appears to be longer than the screen.
I know the problem is that the Navigation menu is not Responsive with the site. Now my question, 'Is there a way to alter the CSS code and make it responsive?' Need urgent help and your reply will be much appreciated. sad

here is the link to the css and html codes for the menu.
http://designmodo.com/css3-dropdown-menu
Re: Need Help Adding A Responsive Navigation Menu To My Website. by donsheddy1(m): 6:23am On Mar 15, 2015
Olive64:
Hello Everyone,
I developed a classifieds website for my School and i'm searching for more cool ways to improve on it.
One major defect the site has is a lack of a Navigation menu which i would really love to use.
I googled a lot of tutorials and actually found a really cool navigation menu, but the problem is that when i reduce the browser's window to check the site's responsiveness or use a mobile device, the navigation menu appears to be longer than the screen.
I know the problem is that the Navigation menu is not Responsive with the site. Now my question, 'Is there a way to alter the CSS code and make it responsive?' Need urgent help and your reply will be much appreciated. sad

here is the link to the css and html codes for the menu.
http://designmodo.com/css3-dropdown-menu
You have to know how to query responsiveness by screen sizes first.

2. Download a responsive menu which you would also add to your website to have 2 menus.

3. On 1280 (screen size) the responsive menu is set to (display="none"wink so only one menu is visible

4. On max width:320, 450 and 550 pixels, the main menu is set to (display="none"wink now allowing only the responsive menu to be made alive and active for further styling. The same is also applicable if you're using a c.m.s

Thanks
Re: Need Help Adding A Responsive Navigation Menu To My Website. by Olive64(m): 9:50am On Mar 15, 2015
donsheddy1:
You have to know how to query responsiveness by screen sizes first.

2. Download a responsive menu which you would also add to your website to have 2 menus.

3. On 1280 (screen size) the responsive menu is set to (display="none"wink so only one menu is visible

4. On max width:320, 450 and 550 pixels, the main menu is set to (display="none"wink now allowing only the responsive menu to be made alive and active for further styling. The same is also applicable if you're using a c.m.s

Thanks
Waoh! Please slow down oh, i'm still a semi-learner, using a Cms.... Okay, the unresponsive navigation-menu i downloaded from the above link(desigmodo) is actually the only one that works. I've tried implementing a lot of responsive menus but they end-up messing the over-all layout of the site.
Now please can you do me a favour, go to the link i provided and please please download the "css3-dropdown menu". Help me edit the codes and make it responsive. Please i hope i'm not asking too much lipsrsealed
Re: Need Help Adding A Responsive Navigation Menu To My Website. by donsheddy1(m): 12:01pm On Mar 15, 2015
Olive64:

Waoh! Please slow down oh, i'm still a semi-learner, using a Cms.... Okay, the unresponsive navigation-menu i downloaded from the above link(desigmodo) is actually the only one that works. I've tried implementing a lot of responsive menus but they end-up messing the over-all layout of the site.
Now please can you do me a favour, go to the link i provided and please please download the "css3-dropdown menu". Help me edit the codes and make it responsive. Please i hope i'm not asking too much lipsrsealed
The possibility is what I've sent to you already. The menu is designed to work that way. You must know how to design responsive sites. I've got a handful of jobs and can't really help with any further jobs sorry.
Re: Need Help Adding A Responsive Navigation Menu To My Website. by Olive64(m): 12:16pm On Mar 15, 2015
donsheddy1:
The possibility is what I've sent to you already. The menu is designed to work that way. You must know how to design responsive sites. I've got a handful of jobs and can't really help with any further jobs sorry.
Okay sure, no problem. Thanx for replying anyway.

(1) (Reply)

/ Domain Name And 5GB For N3,500 Only From Www.byteshosting.net / Best Internet Service Providers In The Following States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.