Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,800 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Enyimba FC Vs Smouha Sporting Club: CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15 Mar 2015 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyimba FC Vs Smouha Sporting Club: CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15 Mar 2015 (7684 Views)

Zamalek Vs Enyimba :CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15th August 2016 / Enyimba Stoned During Training In Tunisia (CAF Champions League) / NPFL: Enyimba Fc Vs Heartland Fc (2 - 0) On 17th June 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enyimba FC Vs Smouha Sporting Club: CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15 Mar 2015 by Emperortj93(m): 5:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
pls enyimba should score one more goal cos I bet that enyimba will win and score over one goal (1&over 1.5)
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Smouha Sporting Club: CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15 Mar 2015 by chaberry(m): 5:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
Krasid:
82' Enyimba still lead one nil.The Egyptians trying to waste time.
whats the score nw?
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Smouha Sporting Club: CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15 Mar 2015 by Krasid(m): 5:50pm On Mar 15, 2015
90' Still 1-0.Six minutes added.
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Smouha Sporting Club: CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15 Mar 2015 by Krasid(m): 5:52pm On Mar 15, 2015
chaberry:
whats the score nw?
1-0
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Smouha Sporting Club: CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15 Mar 2015 by Krasid(m): 5:55pm On Mar 15, 2015
FT.Enyimba 1-0 Smouha.Enyimba will take a one goal advantage to Egypt in a fortnight.
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Smouha Sporting Club: CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15 Mar 2015 by BigBelleControl(m): 6:06pm On Mar 15, 2015
Eyimba is out of the competition.
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Smouha Sporting Club: CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15 Mar 2015 by Krasid(m): 6:12pm On Mar 15, 2015
BigBelleControl:
I don't think so.
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Smouha Sporting Club: CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15 Mar 2015 by FBS: 6:20pm On Mar 15, 2015
BigBelleControl:
Say what?
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Smouha Sporting Club: CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15 Mar 2015 by Omooba77: 6:30pm On Mar 15, 2015
This goal margin is too low for comfort..
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Smouha Sporting Club: CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15 Mar 2015 by honeric01(m): 6:31pm On Mar 15, 2015
Krasid:
FT.Enyimba 1-0 Smouha.Enyimba will take a one goal advantage to Egypt in a fortnight.

suicide mission.
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Smouha Sporting Club: CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15 Mar 2015 by Remarkable: 6:33pm On Mar 15, 2015
I feel the same way... but important thing is they got the 3 points needed... they could go all defensive in Eygpyt and perhaps get a draw, possibly a win... lets watch and see....
Omooba77:
This goal margin is too low for comfort..
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Smouha Sporting Club: CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15 Mar 2015 by Eonuegbu25: 6:35pm On Mar 15, 2015
Call,whatsapp 08122204769 or mail @ Eonuegbu1@gmail.com to get Discounts(Certain orders) and Quick Delivery on JUMIA.com
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Smouha Sporting Club: CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15 Mar 2015 by Omooba77: 6:37pm On Mar 15, 2015
Remarkable:
I feel the same way... but important thing is they got the 3 points needed... they could go all defensive in Eygpyt and perhaps get a draw, possibly a win... lets watch and see....

It is not the group stage yet,it is goal advantage that matters,a draw or 2-1 loss will see Enyimba through

1 Like

Re: Enyimba FC Vs Smouha Sporting Club: CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15 Mar 2015 by Remarkable: 9:32pm On Mar 15, 2015
its the goal difference that matters (?) and not whether they get 3 full points from a (1 - 0) win at home... and work towards a draw or steal a win in Egypt?

Their 3 games so far has not had them concede any goal. so if the guests can not score a goal here, their home fans will not score it for them... they should watch out. Because even if they beat Enyimba 2-1, Enyimba will go through.

the only result that will seal their fate is a 3 - 1 defeat of the People's elephant... but we all know that pushoversarent made in Aba... not when the (Abia) warriors have been brought into the team as well. I cant wait for the return leg!
Omooba77:

It is not the group stage yet,it is goal advantage that matters,a draw or 2-1 loss will see Enyimba through
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Smouha Sporting Club: CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15 Mar 2015 by Omooba77: 9:38pm On Mar 15, 2015
Remarkable:
its the goal difference that matters (?) and not whether they get 3 full points from a (1 - 0) win at home... and work towards a draw or steal a win in Egypt?

Their 3 games so far has not had them concede any goal. so if the guests can not score a goal here, their home fans will not score it for them... they should watch out. Because even if they beat Enyimba 2-1, Enyimba will go through.

the only result that will seal their fate is a 3 - 1 defeat of the People's elephant... but we all know that pushoversarent made in Aba... not when the (Abia) warriors have been brought into the team as well. I cant wait for the return leg!

This is the knockout stage,not the group stage.
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Smouha Sporting Club: CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15 Mar 2015 by taiocol: 9:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
Remarkable:

The Champions League operates as a knockout competition, with a final group stage, with each tie (including the final) played over two legs - home and away. There are 3 knockout stages: the preliminary stage, the first round (32 teams) and the second round (16 teams). The 8 teams knocked out of the second round are entered into the Confederation Cup to play against the final 8 teams in that competition. After the second round, the last 8 teams are split into two groups of 4. The winner and runner-up in these groups are sent to play in a semi-final for the chance of contesting the final. smiley
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Smouha Sporting Club: CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15 Mar 2015 by Remarkable: 10:45pm On Mar 15, 2015
it looks like you and I are dancing "Nzogbu, nzogbu, enyi mba, enyi" in a circle because I never said they were in the group stage.

a win (3 points) is good whether in the group stage or not. I don't think that's what you are disputing.. you got me wondering lol.
Omooba77:

Re: Enyimba FC Vs Smouha Sporting Club: CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15 Mar 2015 by Remarkable: 10:53pm On Mar 15, 2015
taiocol:
The Champions League operates as a knockout competition, with a final group stage, with each tie (including the final) played over two legs - home and away. There are 3 knockout stages: the preliminary stage, the first round (32 teams) and the second round (16 teams). The 8 teams knocked out of the second round are entered into the Confederation Cup to play against the final 8 teams in that competition. After the second round, the last 8 teams are split into two groups of 4. The winner and runner-up in these groups are sent to play in a semi-final for the chance of contesting the final. smiley

what's your point?

Enyimba won... isn't that all that matters?

and pray heavens they win or draw again to go through? is what we want?

Where is all this blabber about group stage coming from.
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Smouha Sporting Club: CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15 Mar 2015 by taiocol: 10:59pm On Mar 15, 2015
Remarkable:

what's your point?

Enyimba won... isn't that all that matters?

and pray heavens they win or draw again to go through? is what we want?

Where is all this blabber about group stage coming from.

i just gave you the CAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE works. Incase you dint know now you know wink smiley
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Smouha Sporting Club: CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15 Mar 2015 by Omooba77: 6:10am On Mar 16, 2015
Remarkable:
it looks like you and I are dancing "Nzogbu, nzogbu, enyi mba, enyi" in a circle because I never said they were in the group stage.

a win (3 points) is good whether in the group stage or not. I don't think that's what you are disputing.. you got me wondering lol.
What Im saying is that,Enyimba needs to avoid defeat to qualify for group stage,if you wsnt to know more go to www.caf.com
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Smouha Sporting Club: CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15 Mar 2015 by Godson32(m): 7:53am On Mar 16, 2015
Omooba77:

This is the qualification for the group stage.......The journey is still very far.
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Smouha Sporting Club: CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15 Mar 2015 by ThatEnyimbaFan: 11:53am On Apr 04, 2015
We face Smouha SC tomorrow in a second leg of our first round CAF Champions League tie. We hold a small margin having won the first leg, 1-0 in Aba three weeks ago. After a trailer load of misses, Raphael Boumsong turned up at the right place and time to power home a header early in the second half.

Here are 5 reasons why we should go through tomorrow.

1. Smouha are not even a mid table side: Forgive me guys if I'm trying to sound arrogant but let's be honest, Smouha is hardly the best Egypt has. Everyone, themselves inclusive are as shocked finding them in the CAF Champions League this season. It's their debut season in the competition and understandably they lack the experience to do well in the tournament. We saw them play in Aba three weeks ago and let's be honest, they are as ordinary as you can imagine. Currently 12th, closer to relegation than the top, we should be winning this one.

2. We have a one goal lead and a clean sheet: We beat them in Aba. Of course this doesn't mean that we got any three points because a similar reverse fixture tomorrow will have us back to square one but then they also know they cannot afford to concede because an away goal outs their hopes of going through on the ropes. We barely have any pressure on us because we know if we score there, then they must score three to go through. Which was the last side to score three against Enyimba?

3. Smouha need to score: They put up an impressive defensive display in Aba but let's be honest, it was our woeful finishing and not really their defensive stability that gave us the victory that day. This time around we will be looking to see that attacking side of them that they were hurdling in ?Aba. The danger for them is that they have to find a way to balance up attacking and defending without leaving gaps behind we can exploit. When you play in the Champions League, you ought to be careful to ensure your display in the first leg doesn't cost you the next round. Ahem Arsenal.

4. No twelfth man: The violence that erupted few weeks ago in a Premier League game in Egypt means that fans are currently barred from attending football matches in the country. This means that Smouha will be playing against us with empty seats surrounding everyone. No noise, no pressure, no tension from the stands. It should actually be an open game, a little like on a neutral ground. This should be to our advantage and match officials should not be under any pressures to do the home team any favours.

5. We are the Enyimba: The last but definitely not the least reason is the fact that we are the Enyimba, the best side in the country and one of the very best in the Continent. You will not expect us to implode on the big stage and losing a game of this magnitude will only require a series of errors. Again, aside from an injury to Chijioke Ejiogu, who did not make the trip, we have a full house. Peter and Sokari Kingsley are back to the team in addition to Chima Uluocha and Sikiru Kamal. No one else is injured, no one is enlisting in the army *Ahem Smouha. We are the People's Elephant and we always live up to the billing.

Of course football is not won on paper, and a 1-0 lead even against a weaker opposition is hardly ideal because it is your form on the day that counts but if we cannot over the threat of this team then we don't deserve to be in the next round. A club of our status should have our eyes firmly fixed on the next round of this competition.

Culled from www.thatenyimbafan.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ngozi Okobi Asks NFF To State Their Plans For The Super Falcons / Does Hulk Hogan Now Play For Cameroun? / Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.