Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,057 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

Manchester United Should Trust In Van Gaal's Philosophy - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Should Trust In Van Gaal's Philosophy (940 Views)

4 Players Man United Should Sign This Summer / Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? / Manchester United Should Avoid Rude Ibrahimovic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United Should Trust In Van Gaal's Philosophy by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:23pm On Mar 15, 2015
[b]Louis Van Gaal, manager of Manchester United, revealed his players are behind him. However, he said he will leave the club if his players lost faith in his philosophy.

"When I think the chemistry between the players and the manager is not good enough anymore, then I go," Van Gaal said ahead of Sunday's showdown with Premier League rivals Tottenham.

"It is not a question, I can go for myself also. I am in my first season here and I can still win the title, but that will probably go to Chelsea.

"What we have to do is continue in our process. But we have been in the top four longer than Arsenal this season. That is true."

Van Gaal added: "When I see this chemistry between myself and my players, then I don't have any doubts.

"Of course, we have disappointing moments but we can survive and we have confidence to qualify for the Champions League.

"I remember when I went to AZ, a very minor club in Holland. In my first season we were second, in my second season we were third and in my third season we finished 11th.

"I said to my players that I would go away. But the players then came to my house to ask me to stay, and so did the board. So I said, 'Okay, I will stay.' And, in the fourth year, we were champions."

Van Gaal believes Di Maria will remain at Manchester United despite struggling to impress at Old Trafford.

"As a manager, you can never say 'no' or 'yes' because the player at the end shall always decide but I don't think he shall move," he said.

"Despite his incident with his wife at home, he is very pleased to be here at Manchester United."

Van Gaal admitted that Di Maria might leave if he decides to go.

"I'm always like that. When you see my history - that's part of my philosophy. A player is not just a man who kicks the ball from A to B. Also, his environment is influencing him," Van Gaal said.

"I shall always be open for that conversation but I know also the commercial interests of the club and we have to respect that. You cannot give a lot of money for a player and then next season put him out of your selection.

"I think that he shall stay because what I have seen in his reaction, after the defeat and after his red card [against Arsenal in the FA Cup last Monday], is very good and I like his attitude."

I think Van Gaal deserves the support of his players despite the news flying around and the situation of things with the team.

Ex-players like Paul Scholes criticised Van Gaal's performance and Willem Van Hanegem, a former Dutch international and former coach of AZ Alkmaar a club Van Gaal coached, criticised Van Gaal's relationship with the players at Manchester United.

When Manchester United signed Van Gaal, I wondered if they made proper research into Van Gaal. What is happening at Manchester United is normal when it comes to Van Gaal. He takes his time to build his squad and gets them to play the way he wants them to.

Unfortunately, Manchester United and the Glazer family want Van Gaal to get the club up and running in a short time.

This is not possible. Especially when you bring in a coach with a different philosophy from what is on ground at the club.

Just like Van Gaal pointed out about his time at AZ Alkmaar. It seemed his work was not effective but with time, a small club in the Dutch league won the league title.

Van Gaal faced the same problem at Bayern Munich. Bayern seemed to go in a downward direction under Van Gaal. His way seemed complicated but in the long run, it was beneficial. Look at the way he brought in the likes of Alaba, Gustavo, Toni Kroos, Thomas Muller to a Bayern side that was struggling. Bayern Munich sacked Van Gaal but these guys became pillars to the Bayern side that lost the final against Chelsea and won the next Champions League finals against Borussia Dortmund.

Franz Beckenbauer said, "I like him. He was also very successful with Bayern Munich. In the end there was a little discussion about the way he was handling his job so that's why they went separate ways. But for me he's one of the best coaches in the world."

If Manchester United want immediate success, Van Gaal is not the man for the job, however, if Manchester United is ready to wait for Van Gaal to turn them into one of the top sides in Europe, he is the perfect man for the job.

http://footymail..com/2015/03/manchester-united-should-trust-in-van.html[/b]
Re: Manchester United Should Trust In Van Gaal's Philosophy by coded01: 3:28am On Mar 17, 2015
Unfortunately, Liverpool is coming for that 4th position... grin

(1) (Reply)

Hazard Mocks Mourinho After Chelsea Win Against Burnley / English F. A Cup Quarter Final Draw. / K-----i---n---g Batista

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.