Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,532 members, 7,816,300 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

34 Things You Can Do Internally To Prepare For External Success - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 34 Things You Can Do Internally To Prepare For External Success (555 Views)

2019 waec/neco Registration In Progress For External Candidates / 2016 May/june WAEC Registration And Junior WAEC For External Candidates / June/july 2015 Neco Registration For External Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

34 Things You Can Do Internally To Prepare For External Success by jamesacademy: 1:09pm On Mar 15, 2015
1. LOVE WHAT YOU DO
Don’t wait to find the thing you are passionate about. Bring your passion to what you are doing today.
2. ALWAYS BE LEARNING
Do not subscribe to the belief that you are done with learning when you graduate high school or college. See every situation as an opportunity to learn a valuable life lesson or skill.
3. BE A DECISION MAKER
Be decisive. Be at peace with the decisions you make. Be courageous in accepting responsibility for your decisions.
4. BECOME SELF-REFLECTIVE
Observe yourself. Take time to reflect on your inner motivations for what you do.
5. DON’T HOLD GRUDGES
The longer you hold on to a grudge, the more you empower the person who hurt you. Reclaim your power by letting go of anger and bitterness.
6. DON’T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF
Learn perspective. Don’t waste an ounce of energy on anything that is petty or insignificant.
7. BE A PERSON OF YOUR WORD
Do what you say you will do. See your tasks and projects through to completion. If you can’t, don’t make up excuses.
8. DON’T BE AFRAID TO PLAY TO AN EMPTY HOUSE
Do your work with joy and enthusiasm, even when you think no one is noticing or watching.
9. WORK THREE TIMES AS HARD
If you’re not giving it all you’ve got, it’s probably not worth doing.
10. PRAY OR MEDITATE
Find a higher purpose. Success without a higher calling will be unsatisfying at best.
11. WAKE UP EARLY
Want your day to be more productive? Wake up early.
12. FOCUS ON THE WHY
Clearly define your “why.” Your “what” and your “how” will follow.
13. STOP COMPARING YOURSELF TO OTHERS
Live your life rather than yearning for someone else’s.
14. STOP SELF-SABOTAGING BEHAVIOR
Are you telling yourself and others that you are not worthy of success by your actions? Change your behavior and start telling a different story.
15. WATCH WHO YOU HANG AROUND WITH
Stay away from negativity. It will suck the life energy out of you.
16. START A MASTERMIND GROUP
Find a group of like-minded individuals so you can encourage each other on your paths to success.
17. PRACTICE MINDFULNESS
Always be mindful of the present moment. Take a few minutes out of your day to sit in silence.
18. EXPRESS GRATITUDE
Never tire of being grateful. Take a deep breath and smile.
19. GROW A THICK SKIN
Learn to graciously accept criticism. Learn to positively deflect mean-spiritedness.
20. PRACTICE EMPATHY
Learn to identify with people on a deeper level. Spend an afternoon talking to people at a homeless shelter. Take a friend going through a difficult time out for a cup of coffee and give them your undivided attention (i.e. turning off your smartphone).
21. TRUST IN THE PROCESS, NOT YOUR FEELINGS
You’ve plotted a long-term path to success but you don’t feel like doing it today. Don’t be tempted to quit or take short cuts. Trust the path. Get up and get to work.
22. SPEND LESS THAN YOUR EARN
Learn to manage your money. Create a budget before the month begins and stick to it.
23. LEARN DEFERRED GRATIFICATION
Do you really need to upgrade your smartphone today? Do you just have to have that new car? Probably not. Wait until you can afford it.
24. DECIDE WHAT YOU WANT YOUR SUCCESS TO LOOK LIKE
Visualize your success. Do you like what you see? How can you tweak your vision to something you will be happy with? The visuals we usually associate with success is money falling from the sky, flashy sports cars, nice clothing and accessories, and a gorgeous woman or man at your side. Is that what you want?
What if success was more about having the freedom to pursue and strengthen the relationships that matter the most to you? To have the resources to help the less fortunate?
Don’t simply assume success is what you see in popular culture. You get to decide.
25. DECIDE AHEAD OF TIME WHAT YOU WILL DO IF YOU FALL SHORT
Will you quit? Will you do a course correction? Will you double down? Will you seek help? Decide ahead of time.
26. READ GREAT BOOKS
Read educational books. Read non-fiction books. Read fiction books. Read inspiring autobiographies. Read spiritual books. Read children’s books (to your kids and to yourself). Find the great stories that will inspire your own story.
27. PRACTICE AFFIRMATIONS
This will help you overcome self-sabotaging behavior. Speak them aloud.
28. EXERCISE YOUR BODY AND YOUR MIND
Along with physical exercise, play strategy games and do mental exercises that will challenge your brain.
29. DEVELOP YOU ABILITY TO OBSERVE AND READ OTHER PEOPLE
Learn to observe people. Become interested in their interests, likes, and dislikes. Listen to them. You will eventually learn to anticipate their needs.
30. BE OTHER-CENTERED
Always think about ways you can add value to others. Banish the question “What will I get out of this?” from your thinking.
31. BE GIVERS
Give joyfully of your time and resources. Take the time to mentor a person in your field, to volunteer, and to financially support a worthy cause.
32. STOP COMPLAINING
Don’t complain about how terrible your life is, even when times are tough. You life is not terrible, you are simply going through a terrible time. It will pass.
33. FIND A MENTOR
Identify a person who has achieved external and internal success. Ask them questions. Learn their story. If you do not have personal access to this achiever, follow his blog or podcast. Read her books. Watch his YouTube videos.
34. HOLD ON TO RELATIONSHIPS THAT KEEP YOU GROUNDED
Never lose sight of the relationships that matter most. No matter how successful you get, you will always need the love and support of family, friends, and people you respect. Besides, success will be no fun unless you can share it with them.
-source. http://harkindeleallday..com/2015/01/34-things-you-can-do-internally-to.html
Re: 34 Things You Can Do Internally To Prepare For External Success by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 15, 2015
FP material... Where Em Mod ? cheesy

Nyc1 0P..
I'm on fp!!
I want to use this opportunity to seek 4 help, I'm jobless and in need of job,
my location - Abj
my qualification - Waec
Just Quote me if u wanna help and i will give all d info u wanna knw abt me....
Please i will b glad if u can help, May almighty God(Allah) help all of us

(1) (Reply)

Fabrication Of Satellite Dish Of Any Size / Share Your Hilarious Moments In School / Uniuyo Aspiring Students Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.