Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,907 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (669417 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 6:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
wx9Z:
DareDevil is a shitty show, I don't know where to start. The characters are just too poor.. It's a waste of time.
That's why it's your opinion, an opinion I strongly disagree with, but to each their own.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 6:59pm On Sep 11, 2015
moneyallowed:

Not sure the app was the problem tbh. There was a lot of cgi in the movie, some of it looked awesome-Quicksilver and Ultron, some of it looked poor- Hulk. If the quality you downloaded wasn't that great then yes, another version from yify would be better
How do you guyz spot bad cgi sef ?
I have seen a lot of movies,still I can't tell the difference between cgi and whatever the alternative is.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 8:41pm On Sep 11, 2015
SIRcumalot:

I have seen a lot of movies,still I can't tell the difference between cgi and whatever the alternative is.
Bad CGI - watch any of the syfy tv movies, oh boy the kind of bad CGI you'll see, will open your eyes quick quick.

UPDATE: Here's 10 examples according to WhatCulture.
http://whatculture.com/film/10-terrible-cgi-moments-in-high-budget-movies.php

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 8:45pm On Sep 11, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Good cgi should look real, you shouldn't be able to tell the difference. Usually when someone in a movie is doing physically impossible stuff like flying or jumping off buildings, you know at the back of your head that that isn't really possible, but the evidence before your eyes says different, and so you accept it.
Bad cgi just looks fake. When the faces start looking cartoonish or the action feels plastic then you know they messed up somewhere.
The cgi Hulk in AoU looks worse than the one in Avengers. I don't know how that's possible cos we've come a long way since 2012 and they should have better effects now. So I was kinda disappointed. With all the big budgets these movies spend, they can at least afford good graphics. They can cut corners on the small things but people are going to notice the bloody Hulk. Still on Hulk, go and watch The Incredible Hulk and compare it to Avengers Hulk or even AoU Hulk. You'll see the difference
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by JUHABACH: 10:06pm On Sep 11, 2015
wx9Z:
DareDevil is a shitty show, I don't know where to start. The characters are just too poor.. It's a waste of time.
i m a DC fan to the core and even i believe daredevil is one of the best tv shows currently and w/o any doubt the best superhero tv show. i honestly hope the upcoming "THE PREACHER" can atleast match it.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 11:28pm On Sep 11, 2015
JUHABACH:
i m a DC fan to the core and even i believe daredevil is one of the best tv shows currently and w/o any doubt the best superhero tv show. i honestly hope the upcoming "THE PREACHER" can atleast match it.
What's The Preacher about and when's it coming out?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by wx9Z: 4:42am On Sep 12, 2015
JUHABACH:

Currently ? Wow. I will re-watch it again maybe this time with an open mind.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Kaycee7(m): 6:51am On Sep 12, 2015
Vyntra:
avengers 2 disappointed me with the over excessive use of cgi,sme 1 said it is because of the app I downloaded it from(moviehd) said yify is better,Abeg is dat true?
You're kidding, ryt? Complaining about over excessive use of CGI in a fantasy movie? What are your ideas? To really expose Mark Ruffalo to gamma radiation, create an A.I defense robot or find an infinity stone and smack it on Paul Bettany? Its fantasy bro. Unless they start creating extras with CGI, it's not excessive.

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 8:09am On Sep 12, 2015
moneyallowed:

Good cgi should look real, you shouldn't be able to tell the difference. Usually when someone in a movie is doing physically impossible stuff like flying or jumping off buildings, you know at the back of your head that that isn't really possible, but the evidence before your eyes says different, and so you accept it.
Bad cgi just looks fake. When the faces start looking cartoonish or the action feels plastic then you know they messed up somewhere.
The cgi Hulk in AoU looks worse than the one in Avengers. I don't know how that's possible cos we've come a long way since 2012 and they should have better effects now. So I was kinda disappointed. With all the big budgets these movies spend, they can at least afford good graphics. They can cut corners on the small things but people are going to notice the bloody Hulk. Still on Hulk, go and watch The Incredible Hulk and compare it to Avengers Hulk or even AoU Hulk. You'll see the difference
I followed the link Cao posted above,
I think my issue is,I can't get over how cool the scene or action is, to really see anything really wrong with.
I can't really see the big difference btw ruffalo's hulk and norton's.
Now except if the CGI is really outdated like that popular Mortal kombat movie,overly excessive use of CGi don't bother me.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by JUHABACH: 9:17am On Sep 12, 2015
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 10:09am On Sep 12, 2015
JUHABACH:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preacher_(comics)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preacher_(TV_series)

http://www.vertigocomics.com/graphic-novels/preacher-book-one-0

Sounds like a horror-western, nice change of pace to the cbms we have now. When I read the references, I just kept thinking of that church scene in Kingsman, where everyone dies. Didn't see any info about a release date tho, is it this year?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Vyntra(m): 10:32am On Sep 12, 2015
Kaycee7:
You're kidding, ryt? Complaining about over excessive use of CGI in a fantasy movie? What are your ideas? To really expose Mark Ruffalo to gamma radiation, create an A.I defense robot or find an infinity stone and smack it on Paul Bettany? Its fantasy bro. Unless they start creating extras with CGI, it's not excessive.

those are film tricks,e.g the scene wen a woman's car falling from hovering part of sokovia was unnecessary,experienced directors know how to cover obvious scene of excessive cgi,check avatar for example,dat movie cgi is 10/10.go and read why they might drop joss whedon and recruit the russo brothers for the next avengers instead
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by JUHABACH: 10:49am On Sep 12, 2015
moneyallowed:

Sounds like a horror-western, nice change of pace to the cbms we have now. When I read the references, I just kept thinking of that church scene in Kingsman, where everyone dies. Didn't see any info about a release date tho, is it this year?

sometime in 2016. not clear on the exact date though.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 3:41pm On Sep 12, 2015
I'm slightly afraid for Preacher, since Seth Rogen & his writing partner, Evan Goldberg, are in charge of it...but I'll give them some leeway. I wonder if anyone is going to adapt The Boys? Since TWD has already been adapted. Oh and if anyone's interested check out Thief of Thieves, whenever AMC finally brings it to air, it is a great comic series about a world class thief, who wants to retire, but his estranged son's problems force him to do otherwise.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by gj22(m): 10:36am On Sep 13, 2015
moneyallowed:

Not sure the app was the problem tbh. There was a lot of cgi in the movie, some of it looked awesome-Quicksilver and Ultron, some of it looked poor- Hulk. If the quality you downloaded wasn't that great then yes, another version from yify would be better

I disagree. Hulk was the best CGI that movie had. It's probably because of versions you watched. I don't think quick silver was cgi tho, just video editing. Ultron and Veronica were def CGI.

I guess it depends on the actual meaning of CGI. Too lazy to look it up.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by gj22(m): 10:40am On Sep 13, 2015
cao:
YIFY is always a good choice.

That's not what counts, it's the rip method that counts. Who did the ripping is not what counts.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by gj22(m): 10:43am On Sep 13, 2015
cao:

Bad CGI - watch any of the syfy tv movies, oh boy the kind of bad CGI you'll see, will open your eyes quick quick.

UPDATE: Here's 10 examples according to WhatCulture.
http://whatculture.com/film/10-terrible-cgi-moments-in-high-budget-movies.php

To be fair, TV shows are usually on a tight budget.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by gj22(m): 10:54am On Sep 13, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Any non-real thing that looks unrealistic or stupid is bad CGI. Watch older movies and you will see them e.g the hulk movies, star wars, superman movies, green lanterns mask, the last airbender etc. In their time, the CGI was probably out of the world. I remember being impressed with star wars cgi considering the year the film was made.

Bad ass CGI e.g avengers 2's hulk, real steel, avatar (james cameron)

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by gj22(m): 11:12am On Sep 13, 2015
Vyntra:

those are film tricks,e.g the scene wen a woman's car falling from hovering part of sokovia was unnecessary,experienced directors know how to cover obvious scene of excessive cgi,check avatar for example,dat movie cgi is 10/10.go and read why they might drop joss whedon and recruit the russo brothers for the next avengers instead

Computer-generated imagery (CGI) is the application of computer graphics to create or contribute to images in art, printed media, video games, films, television programs, commercials, videos, and simulators. The visual scenes may be dynamic or static, and may be two-dimensional (2D), though the term "CGI" is most commonly used to refer to 3D computer graphics used for creating scenes or special effects in films and television.

So technically, going by the actual definition, film tricks are still cgi.

Except you want them to actually raise Slovakia thousands of feet up and drop a car from there. Then let sango fly by and save the person.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by gj22(m): 11:32am On Sep 13, 2015
Just saw FF4... It was meh

On a side note I just realised how the incredibles are similar to them thanks to CinemaSins
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 12:20pm On Sep 13, 2015
gj22:

That's not what counts, it's the rip method that counts. Who did the ripping is not what counts.
Actually, the ripper counts, since they use specific rip methods to give you quality downloads. Eg YIFY gives you quality 720p & 1080p mp4s downloads. MrKickAss used to do quality 720p & 1080p size friendly mkvs, with the occasional 5.1 sound mix. aXXo's downloads were always quality, that people used to upload fakes with his name attached, to boost their downloads.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 12:22pm On Sep 13, 2015
gj22:

To be fair, TV shows are usually on a tight budget.
True, but they are always a good go-to-source for bad CGI, especially syfy's questionable CGI.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by rapmike(m): 5:55pm On Sep 13, 2015
moneyallowed:

Someone asked me why the Avengers didn't call on Superman to help out in AoU.

This got me cracking!

Very hilarious!
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by rapmike(m): 6:01pm On Sep 13, 2015
Kaycee7:
I think I saw you on the Avengers vs Justice League thread. You couldn't post this there. Why start a stupid argument on this thread? Kids today!! angry angry

Immature guys like him are all over thread like this ( check out Naruto thread too). They just lack courtesy.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by gj22(m): 8:40pm On Sep 13, 2015
cao:

Actually, the ripper counts, since they use specific rip methods to give you quality downloads. Eg YIFY gives you quality 720p & 1080p mp4s downloads. MrKickAss used to do quality 720p & 1080p size friendly mkvs, with the occasional 5.1 sound mix. aXXo's downloads were always quality, that people used to upload fakes with his name attached, to boost their downloads.

That's not it. In cinema (movies, shows etc) when they are pirated, there are different methods of pirating (I call it rip method). There are, off the top of my head, telesynch,cam, cam rip, hd rip,bdrip, bluray rip etc. This is what defines the quality of the pirated movies. Bluray rip is the highest quality where the movies are ripped from a Bluray disc (I think) that's why it takes months for it to show up because they have to wait for it to be released and anything below Hdrip is just painful (I think cam is the one that they use a recording device to record it while it's being shown in the cinema cry). The pirating methods are usually written in the title.

Ofcourse resolution matters a lil bit but it's the pirating method that defines the quality. A 720p Hdrip is always better 1080p camrip movie or a 4k telesynch movie

TL;DR... A 1080p movie can be shittier than a 720p movie
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 8:57pm On Sep 13, 2015
gj22:

That's not it. In cinema (movies, shows etc) when they are pirated, there are different methods of pirating (I call it rip method). There are, off the top of my head, telesynch,cam, cam rip, hd rip,bdrip, bluray rip etc. This is what defines the quality of the pirated movies. Bluray rip is the highest quality where the movies are ripped from a Bluray disc (I think) that's why it takes months for it to show up because they have to wait for it to be released and anything below Hdrip is just painful (I think cam is the one that they use a recording device to record it while it's being shown in the cinema cry). The pirating methods are usually written in the title.

Ofcourse resolution matters a lil bit but it's the pirating method that defines the quality. A 720p Hdrip is always better 1080p camrip movie or a 4k telesynch movie

TL;DR... A 1080p movie can be shittier than a 720p movie
The guys I mentioned didn't deal with camrips or telesyncs, they deal/dealt with DVDRips & BRips, maybe the occasional R5 rips and WEBrips. Hence why I pointed out the name of the rippers/encoders, if it's the genuine* article, then you're guaranteed quality.

*yes I know that's highly ironic.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 7:34am On Sep 14, 2015
https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/643171463038500864?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2519727358

James Gunn is my fav MCU director cos he feeds us classified info. He just confirmed GOTG Vol 2 will have a new guardian added to the team. This new member is not Nova and is female. Well that narrows it down a bit and kills all our dreams of Nova, Adam Warlock and Quasar. Though who knows they may be in the movie just not in the team
So let's see if we eliminate the boys who do we have left? Well the only female heroes I know that have had something to do with the Guardians in the comics are Moondragon, Phyla-Vell(female Quasar), Mantis and Angela.
Moondragon is very likely as she's the daughter of Drax in the comics. It'd be fun if they introduced the father-daughter dynamic. Mantis I don't know much about. All I know is she's got empathic powers. Angela's Aldrif Odinsdotter, the first born child of Odin and a right bitchy one. I don'ty see it happening tho as they've not even mentioned her in the Thor movies. Phyla-Vell i'm not too crazy about as her power set is too similar to Captain Marvel and they wouldn't want to confuse the audience.
That's all I can think of. Are there any other female heroes you know that might have a chance?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 7:51am On Sep 14, 2015

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by gj22(m): 8:37am On Sep 14, 2015
cao:

The guys I mentioned didn't deal with camrips or telesyncs, they deal/dealt with DVDRips & BRips, maybe the occasional R5 rips and WEBrips. Hence why I pointed out the name of the rippers/encoders, if it's the genuine* article, then you're guaranteed quality.

*yes I know that's highly ironic.

Yeah, I guess you are right.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by stillreal(m): 12:45pm On Sep 14, 2015
wx9Z:

Usually i would say everyone's got their opinion and taste, but DDs characters are just too poor? shocked Sounds like Bizarro world to me. You actually watched all 13 episodes or skimmed through it?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by wx9Z: 6:57pm On Sep 14, 2015
stillreal:

Usually i would say everyone's got their opinion and taste, but DDs characters where just too poor? shocked Sounds like Bizarro world to me. You actually watched all 13 episodes or skimmed through it?

LOL.. I will re-watch it
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 7:03pm On Sep 14, 2015

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (539) (Reply)

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.