Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,723 members, 7,809,750 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Elections - FG Vows To Provide Adequate Security In Schools - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Elections - FG Vows To Provide Adequate Security In Schools (439 Views)

Lagos State Bans Parties In Schools / Anambra Takes First Position In Schools Debate / Elections: FG Decides Schools Closure Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elections - FG Vows To Provide Adequate Security In Schools by Obinoscopy(m): 6:46am On Mar 16, 2015
Abuja — The federal government has vowed to ensure that schools are not attacked before, during and after the forthcoming general elections‎ as adequate attention has been put in place to avoid crises.

The minister of state for education, Prof Viola Onwuliri disclosed this, weekend, when she meet principals of unity colleges.

‎She said principals, teachers and other major staff of unity schools across the country will be moved to other schools for effective service.

Onwuliri urged the principals to officially inform the Federal Ministry of Education of projects that are abandoned and those that have been completed and handed over to the schools.

The minister also ordered the principals to submit WAEC, NECO, JAMB results of schools in the last five years for appraisal.

Her words "President Goodluck Jonathan is doing a lot with the military to ensure that schools are safe during the election period. That is why some of the schools that had problems initially have been renovated and children have gone back to school. Our solders are winning the war against insurgence. We are not resting on our oars to ensure peace. I will meet with the PTA next week for further discussions."

‎"Those who have stayed in a particular position will have to go else where. Over staying of staff will not be encouraged.

"We have a lot of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and we are moving them to the government colleges. Our problems are that many of them could not fit into the system so we are doing extra job to further teach them to be alongside their pairs.

"We have been talking to the children, teachers, the states and it is part of what we are doing here today. A lot of efforts are ongoing and many states are cooperating with us to ensure that the schools are safe before, during and after the elections.

"Submit the WAEC, JAMB, NECO and other results of your schools in the last five years. How they have performed."
http://allafrica.com/stories/201503160024.html
Re: Elections - FG Vows To Provide Adequate Security In Schools by LagosBoi2(m): 6:49am On Mar 16, 2015
We will only believe you when it happens

I don't trust you anymore

I believe Sasha my dog more than FG

Sasha has never lied to me or betrayed me

FG/GEJ/PDP - this 3in1 criminals have lied severally and betrayed me for 16yrs

It is time #CHANGE

Say Buhari
Re: Elections - FG Vows To Provide Adequate Security In Schools by Redoil: 7:41am On Mar 16, 2015
Any APC terrorist footsoldier that tries to show is BH skills on that day will be brought down
Re: Elections - FG Vows To Provide Adequate Security In Schools by Odunharry(m): 8:02am On Mar 16, 2015
Good...

dont forget to vote for change.
#SAI BUHARI
#APC

(1) (Reply)

Fed Poly Nekede 3rd Batch Admission List Is Out Forfhelp Cal Prof Dan 0815976241 / “My Journey To The Amvcas”- 11 Outstanding Theatre Arts Students Share Their Ama / Register Your Direct Entry & Change Of Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.