Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,495 members, 7,954,897 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:03 PM

Mourinho's Attack On TV Pundits Souness And Carragher Is Wrong - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mourinho's Attack On TV Pundits Souness And Carragher Is Wrong (902 Views)

Manutd Fans! Get In Lets Profer Solution To Our Slump In Form. What Is Wrong? / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mourinho's Attack On TV Pundits Souness And Carragher Is Wrong by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:43am On Mar 16, 2015
[b]After the game between PSG and Chelsea, two pundits did not like the attitudes of some Chelsea players after Zlatan Ibrahimovic got dismissed for his tackle on Oscar.

Carragher disapproved the way Chelsea players surrounded the referee and urged him to dismiss Ibrahimovic. Souness described the behavior of some Chelsea players as 'pathetic'.

Mourinho reacted angrily to the comments of the pundits during his Friday news conference.

Mourinho accused the pair of having short-term memory and alleged he knew 'a lot' about Graeme Souness. Souness was the manager of Benfica before Mourinho took over the club.

"Obviously I have a certain kind of education, not just in football, but in life," Mourinho said.

"I prefer to laugh and to say that envy is the biggest tribute that the shadows do to the man." Mourinho added.

This is an all time low by Mourinho. I do not think attacking pundits is the right way to go if a coach disapproves their comments.

Graeme Souness and Jamie Carragher had wonderful careers as footballers to envy Mourinho. Mourinho is a great manager but he should not make a complaint about his players a personal attack on him.

People have different opinions about different matters. Broadcasting companies pay these pundits to air their opinions. Their views might be or not be accepted by the players and managers. So, going against them will not achieve anything.

Chelsea FC should focus on rounding up their league pursuit in style than focusing on what pundits say.

Imagine if all managers start replying pundits. It would be ugly.

I actually support players surrounding referees and trying to influence their decisions because FIFA and UEFA refused to let in video technology to improve the accuracy of officiating. Until FIFA brings in video technology, players will continue this.

Other people disapprove of this. That does not make them right or wrong.

What happens after this? Will Mourinho go against Journalists and bloggers?

This erratic behaviour of Mourinho should stop, it is getting embarrassing to even those who do not support him or Chelsea.

http://footymail..com/2015/03/mourinhos-attack-on-tv-pundits-souness.html[/b]

1 Like

Re: Mourinho's Attack On TV Pundits Souness And Carragher Is Wrong by timbros(m): 10:36am On Mar 16, 2015
So Oga, what's your point now? That Carragher and Souness are right to criticise what they were also guilty of during their careers?

Incase you too have short memory, the picture below is for you...

1 Like

Re: Mourinho's Attack On TV Pundits Souness And Carragher Is Wrong by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:19pm On Mar 16, 2015
timbros:
So Oga, what's your point now? That Carragher and Souness are right to criticise what they were also guilty of during their careers?

Incase you too have short memory, the picture below is for you...

How are these similar incidences? These guys were complaining about Chelsea players conning the referee to send off Ibrahimovic. How does a coach and player being upset with referees similar incident?

Are you saying pundits have no right to criticise performances?

1 Like

Re: Mourinho's Attack On TV Pundits Souness And Carragher Is Wrong by timbros(m): 2:44pm On Mar 16, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

How are these similar incidences? These guys were complaining about Chelsea players cunning the referee to send off Ibrahimovic. How does a coach and player being upset with referees similar incident?

Are you saying pundits have no right to criticise performances?

These are what Souness and Carragher said...

www.eurosport.com/football/champions-league/2014-2015/chelsea-under-fire-graeme-souness-labels-blues-pathetic-as-jamie-carragher-blasts-mourinho_sto4635599/story.shtml

WHAT SOUNESS SAID

"This PSG team is justfull of technique, a really good footballing team and they had to put up with stuff which I find really, really unappealing. The reaction of the Chelsea players on the challenge on Oscar epitomised what I'm saying. To a man they surrounded the referee,, (Diego) Costa ran 50 yards to get involved.

WHAT JAMIE CARRAGHER SAID

"The worst bit of dirty tricks was from Chelsea, surrounding the referee, the reaction was disgraceful. Jose Mourinho could end up being the most successful manager ever with the trophies he goes on to win in his career but I don't think him and his teams will be ever be loved because of actions like that. Does Mourinho care? I don't thinkhe probably cares. I think it's sad."

Did you notice from @bolded the main reason they were critical? Not because they were trying to con the ref but because surrounded the ref.

For whichever reason, be it conning the ref, angry with the ref's decision, whatever the reason, the pundits is telling us that surrounding the ref is bad.

Now come the above images. Did Souness and Carragher not surround the ref at some point in their career? Why should they be critical of something they have been guilty of?
Re: Mourinho's Attack On TV Pundits Souness And Carragher Is Wrong by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:25pm On Mar 16, 2015
timbros:

These are what Souness and Carragher said...

www.eurosport.com/football/champions-league/2014-2015/chelsea-under-fire-graeme-souness-labels-blues-pathetic-as-jamie-carragher-blasts-mourinho_sto4635599/story.shtml

Did you notice from @bolded the main reason they were critical? Not because they were trying to con the ref but because surrounded the ref.

For whichever reason, be it conning the ref, angry with the ref's decision, whatever the reason, the pundits is telling us that surrounding the ref is bad.

Now come the above images. Did Souness and Carragher not surround the ref at some point in their career? Why should they be critical of something they have been guilty of?

The question is why did they surround the referee. They surrounded the referee to get Ibrahimovic sent off.

In the pictures you and Chelsea posted below, did they surround the referee to send off any player? No.

Grame Souness case seems like a problem with an FC Porto player and him while the referee was trying to separate Is that surrounding the referee?

Taking verbal shots on pundits is wrong. No matter how you try to defend it.

2 Likes

Re: Mourinho's Attack On TV Pundits Souness And Carragher Is Wrong by timbros(m): 3:38pm On Mar 16, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

The question is why did they surround the referee. They surrounded the referee to get Ibrahimovic sent off.

In the pictures you and Chelsea posted below, did they surround the referee to send off any player? No.

Grame Souness case seems like a problem with an FC Porto player and him while the referee was trying to desperate. Is that surrounding the referee?

Taking verbal shots on pundits is wrong. No matter how you try to defend it.

The question is NOT why they surrounded the ref. The question is that they SURROUNDED the ref. Clearly, from their comments, they had issue with Chelsea players SURROUNDING the ref. Why is that hard for you to see?

Abeg I no fit argue this hot afternoon.

You are entitled to your opinions but, being a blogger, you have to stop misinforming your readers. That's very bad for your blog.

For the last time, Souness and Carragher was critical of Chelsea, Not because they were conning the ref, But because they surrounded the ref.

I WONT COMMENT ON THIS TOPIC AGAIN.

Thank you.
Re: Mourinho's Attack On TV Pundits Souness And Carragher Is Wrong by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:01pm On Mar 16, 2015
timbros:

The question is NOT why they surrounded the ref. The question is that they SURROUNDED the ref. Clearly, from their comments, they had issue with Chelsea players SURROUNDING the ref. Why is that hard for you to see?

You are entitled to your opinions but, being a blogger, you have to stop misinforming your readers. That's very bad for your blog.

For the last time, Souness and Carragher was critical of Chelsea, Not because they were conning the ref, But because they surrounded the ref.

Thank you.

"The red card for Ibrahimovic summed it up. The way Chelsea players raced to put pressure on the ref. To a man, they surrounded the referee. Costa ran 50 yards to get involved.....Souness

How you missed the first sentence says it all. The surrounding the referee was not the problem but the tricks to con the referee to send him off. So a picture of Souness having a problem with a Chelsea player is totally off.

Please where did I misinform. Haba, taking verbal shots on pundits is bad.
Re: Mourinho's Attack On TV Pundits Souness And Carragher Is Wrong by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:06pm On Mar 16, 2015
timbros:

Thank you.

Mark Lawrenson
"The reaction of the Chelsea players was amazing when you consider the tackle was not that bad. I thought he had had his leg broken in all honesty. It was Oscar up for an Oscar!

Michael Owen
“Never a red card. Once again, the reaction of the Chelsea players is shocking. That type of thing influences games... which is why they do it.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/zlatan-chelsea-players-disgraceful-reaction-5317715
Re: Mourinho's Attack On TV Pundits Souness And Carragher Is Wrong by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:31pm On Sep 09
Received.
Re: Mourinho's Attack On TV Pundits Souness And Carragher Is Wrong by humility33(m): 5:41am On Sep 10
TheGoodJoe:
cc:

humility33

This is my Account details

Cc: Lelion
Maidaboi

1 Like

Re: Mourinho's Attack On TV Pundits Souness And Carragher Is Wrong by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:54am On Sep 10
humility33:

Can you please hide my account details for personal reasons?

I have received it.
Re: Mourinho's Attack On TV Pundits Souness And Carragher Is Wrong by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:04pm On Sep 11
humility33:

Cc: Lelion
Maidaboi

@humility33

Please delete my account number here.
Re: Mourinho's Attack On TV Pundits Souness And Carragher Is Wrong by humility33(m): 3:23pm On Sep 11
TheGoodJoe:

@humility33

Please delete my account number here.

Done
Re: Mourinho's Attack On TV Pundits Souness And Carragher Is Wrong by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:58pm On Sep 11
humility33:

Done

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Pellegrini Should Let Yaya Go If He Is Not Ready To Play / Everton Vs Liverpool [0 - 2] On Sun 29th Nov / 5 Players Who Could Be The Next Big Thing In The Epl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.