Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

Manchester City Executives To Blame For The Cityzens Slump - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City Executives To Blame For The Cityzens Slump (653 Views)

Manutd Fans! Get In Lets Profer Solution To Our Slump In Form. What Is Wrong? / Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread / Pellegrini Not To Blame For Dwindling Manchester City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester City Executives To Blame For The Cityzens Slump by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:27pm On Mar 16, 2015
[b]Manuel Pellegrini issued a rallying call to his players to continue fighting for the title as long as there is a fighting chance. He made this call after Manchester City suffered a shock defeat to Burnley FC. This defeat gave Manchester City's chance of defending the English Premier League title a huge blow.

Pellegrini said: "When you have mathematical chances you must continue fighting. The most important thing is trust in what we are doing, try to win the next game and we will see at the end of the season where we finish.

"We are in second in the table so that is not bad. There are 27 more points that we must fight for. We know that every point we drop it is more difficult to reach the top of the table."

Pellegrini believed his side were not poor but they did not create enough chances.

"I don't think we played really bad. We created three or four chances. Burnley had, I think, one shot on target and they scored a goal," he added.

"That was a normal performance that we need to improve and we will try to do it."

As much as Manuel Pellegrini will want people to believe all is well in the Etihad Camp of Manchester City, it is clear all is not well.

The report of a bust up in the locker room between Kompany and Fernandinho seems to mean more than what Manchester City want us to believe.

Manchester City is a far cry of the team they were last season and the performances seem to get worse.

The players lack motivation and it seems like a replay of Mancini's last season at Manchester City. The players lost the drive and passion to fight for their coach.

Earlier this season, reports emerged of Manchester City executives looking for a replacement for Manuel Pellegrini. Despite the manager doing well in his first season, winning the English Premier League and the Capital One League Cup.

The technical director of the club, Txiki Bergeristian did not do anything to quell the rumors. Reports later emerged that Diego Simeone was the man picked by Txiki to replace Pellegrini.

How does the executives of Manchester City expect the players to give in hundred percent to a manager they feel will soon be gone.

Just like when Manchester City lost the FA Cup final to Wigan FC. Reports came out that morning saying that was Mancini's last game. As soon as I saw the report and no response came from the Manchester City's management, I knew those players would not give their all to Mancini.

This act of our executives not backing Manchester City coaches publicly should stop. It goes a long way to instill confidence and trust in the players.

Finally, if Milner refused to sign his new contract, there is no need begging him. Let him go.

http://footymail..com/2015/03/manchester-city-executives-to-blame-for.html[/b]
Re: Manchester City Executives To Blame For The Cityzens Slump by juniormusa(m): 3:28pm On Mar 16, 2015
Epl is for chelsea this season oh
Re: Manchester City Executives To Blame For The Cityzens Slump by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:30pm On Mar 16, 2015
juniormusa:
Epl is for chelsea this season oh

It is not over until it is over.
Re: Manchester City Executives To Blame For The Cityzens Slump by juniormusa(m): 3:33pm On Mar 16, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

It is not over until it is over.
Hehe wake up jor..
6 points ahead with one game at hand oh
Re: Manchester City Executives To Blame For The Cityzens Slump by Ibime(m): 9:11pm On Mar 16, 2015
Those executives are stealing a living.

All these fake directors of football who are incompetent, judging the manager yet have no clue of football. Txiki Bergiristan is another incompetent fool overselling himself as a result of Pep Guardiolas achievements at Barca which had nothing to do with him.

In the last 2 seasons alone he signed Navas, Mangala, Fernando, Jovetic etc.

His only success has been Fernandinho.

How incompetent does a director of football have to be before he gets the sack?

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Executives To Blame For The Cityzens Slump by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:18pm On Mar 16, 2015
Ibime:
Those executives are stealing a living.

All these fake directors of football who are incompetent, judging the manager yet have no clue of football. Txiki Bergiristan is another incompetent fool overselling himself as a result of Pep Guardiolas achievements at Barca which had nothing to do with him.

In the last 2 seasons alone he signed Navas, Mangala, Fernando, Jovetic etc.

His only success has been Fernandinho.

How incompetent does a director of football have to be before he gets the sack?

As much as I am a Txiki fan because of my admiration of the Guardiola era, I agree with you.

His handling of Mancini was bad after the amount of Work Mancini did. Since Mancini left, Txiki has not brought in anyone who can topple a Mancini player, except Fernandinho due to Gareth Barry's departure.

The recent buys are all him. Pellegrini likes working with youngsters like Isco, Carzola (at Villarreal), Nilmar, Giuseppe Rossi. At Manchester City, no youngster has broken through.

I do not even get why Iheanacho's work permit have not been applied for.

I believe Txiki should go before Pellegrini.

(1) (Reply)

Where Does Euro Triumph Place Ronaldo Among The All Time Greats / Chelsea Vs Arsenal today at 1:30pm / DOWNLOAD Highlight:juventus Vs Man United 1-2 (UCL)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.