Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

How To Make Money As A Student On Campus - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Make Money As A Student On Campus (5706 Views)

Afe Babalola University Bans Smartphones On Campus, Twitter Users React / Eight (8) Ways To Identify Carry Over Student On Campus / 7 Items Common To Every Student On Various Campus In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Money As A Student On Campus by Harbdhul(m): 10:36pm On Mar 16, 2015
naira
So you are thinking of where to raise your money for your new Phone, you are tired of the one presently with you, or maybe you are the book geek who can only think of spending your money on Books. But you just don’t know where to get that money, you are probably tired of calling your parents or you are just the type who doesn’t like depending on them. Why not raise these money yourself?

How about if I tell you, you don’t have to wait for your parents bank alert. Why not raise money as a student. Your campus is a good market, you can make good money while studying and you won’t have to wait every month end waiting for that alert which usually gives HBP especially when your phone rings and it turns out to be MTN message(Very annoying). I will be giving you some tips on how to make money in a typical Nigerian Campus. Oh, you are thinking I will charge you for this tips?

I’m sorry to disappoint you, I am also a student and I’ve been in those shoes of being broke severally.

I’ve packaged this article to get you going, but this is not for lazy bones so gear up and let’s get down to business.

SOCIAL NETWORK

If you have a lot of friends on Facebook and you are not using Facebook to make money, then you are not taking advantage of it. Facebook specifically has a lot of opportunity to puff your bank account. You can easily sign up for an affiliate marketing available in Nigeria, you can sign up for JUMIA, KONGA, and KAYMU affiliate membership.

It is totally FREE all you need do is refer buyers to their product and you get a commission on each sale, I will discuss this in another article.

OFFER TUTORIALS TO OTHER STUDENTS

Do you have any course you are good in particular? Why not offer tutorial to other students in your campus on hourly basis and charge a reasonable amount, I am sure students will be willing to hire a tutor. You can simply put your service on a notice board or better still put it on campus classifieds advert http://www.soldoncampus.com platform where it will remain live for a longer period of time.

If you think you don’t have time for this, you can solve past question and sell them to other students

USE YOUR INTERNET SKILLS

You are good with computers, you have good internet access or maybe you get partial access, you can help students who don’t have this access do registrations like Post-Ume, Course registrations, Accommodation and the likes.

TRADE

The campus is a very large market you can make good use it before graduation by buying items from cheaper source and selling at a higher price on campus. Aliexpress is a Chinese online store where most of their product are very cheap.

The interesting part is that you can start with a very small capital as low as N5, 000 or even less depending on the items you wish to sell, an article on how to trade using Aliexpress is coming up soon.

SET UP A BLOG

If you are good at writing, this might be a breakthrough for you. The likes of Linda Ikeji, Bella Naija all started when blogging wasn’t prominent in Nigeria but they are making millions monthly from it, you may be thinking, “Well, I’m not studying computer scientists, how can I setup a website?” I can tell you, you don’t have to be a computer geek before setting up a website, There are ready made website script which are very straight forward and easy to use, you just need to install them on a cheap good hosting service for a stat and you are good to go.

If u still feel intimidated about it you can holla at me and we may be able to help you, just send an email to info@soldoncampus.com.

USE YOUTUBE, FIVERR, SWAGBUCKS

YouTube allows its users earn while posting videos, they place ads on your videos and give you commission when this ads are clicked, Fiverr also lets its users earn while using their abilities to help others, once you help people do what they need, you get paid with a minimum of 5$. Swagbucks pays you for watching videos.

It’s left to you to sign up for anyone which will benefit you.

MAKE MONEY SELLING YOUR OLD ITEMS

I saved the best and easiest for the last, I am sure you have couple of shoes that isn't your size but are still nice looking or you having an old laptop which you wish to dispose off, or you even have a friend that wants to dispose off any of his possession.

If you do, then there is an opportunity for you to make some cool cash by posting them online at this Nigerian Campus site for free and other interested student will call you, you can sell those items right from your hostel block.

All you need do-is sign-up, capture your best picture shot, upload it and wait for interested student-buyers. For more tips on how to upload your photos and make money visit here.

You could also sell your old university books from earlier semesters. They often cost lots of money.

soldoncampus is a Nigerian Campus advertising avenue for student to sell their old items to other students. Sign up and start listing your ads.
Feel free to share ideas, Being broke on campus is a Sin

source: www.soldoncampus.com/how-to-make-money-as-a-student

Re: How To Make Money As A Student On Campus by topearos(m): 10:48pm On Mar 16, 2015
[color=#770077][/color] God dey, thanks for the piece. I love this.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Money As A Student On Campus by Harbdhul(m): 11:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
topearos:
[color=#770077][/color] God dey, thanks for the piece. I love this.
Abi now, Man must chop
We student really need to look in the future and start something meaningful, if we dont start now is it after graduation when you are not sure of a job?

1 Like

Re: How To Make Money As A Student On Campus by Studentcosmos(m): 11:04pm On Feb 19, 2017
Nice post. Here is also a compiled list of 6 crucial steps to make money from the comfort of your dorm room. www.studentcosmos.com/steps-make-money-dorm
Re: How To Make Money As A Student On Campus by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 7:50am On Oct 12, 2019
Nairaland has a way of recycling topics, how to make money as a student on campus in Nigeria has been answered many times.

(1) (Reply)

Drone Pictures: Do Not Believe The Hype / Delsu 2012 Pre-degree Admission Form / Study Medicine(MBBS),engineering,business Admin, And Economics In China.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.