Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,406 members, 7,822,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Officer Yemi- The Trial Of A Policeman - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Officer Yemi- The Trial Of A Policeman (1091 Views)

TIRENI (the Trust Demanding Trial Of A Pained Eighteen Year Old Girl) / The Trial Of Pastor King / Love On Trial. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Officer Yemi- The Trial Of A Policeman by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 17, 2015
Extracted From Tugril.

I hope you enjoy it
Re: Officer Yemi- The Trial Of A Policeman by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 17, 2015
Chapter 1
Yemi picked his phone again to read her message.
' I have gotten in , at last'.
She was good and that was why he gave her the name Brain. He had been trying to find some missing people for a long time, but he had not gotten any clue until the girl (whom he recruited as a helper in the university) came up with an interesting discovery, and they had started working on it for days and he has started getting near the answer. All Yemi wanted was just to find this people and to go meet his beautiful wife, Mary.
When he received the message from Brain three days before that she had gotten what they needed, he almost jumped out of his seat in the class.
Yemi is a fair man, a five-feet tall man who few ladies would love to take as husband if beauty was the criterion for selecting husbans, but he was lucky enough that Mary, a very beautiful fair lady and his wife of six months, fell in love with him. He was an undercover detective who had been sent to the University of Ibadan alongside others to find what is making people dissapear. It is a well-known fact among the police force of Ibadan state that the students of the University don't need to fear for cultism again because it had been totally eradicated; even, students who fight are asked to face the Student Disciplinary Committee (SDC), the most fearsome name in the University.
His boss had sent letters to the authorities of the school, faculty, and department that they should allow him operate like a student while he is carrying out his job: that implies he would have matriculation number; he would read notes; make sure he pass every tests so as to remain in the school.
He was waiting for her- his new student-the one whose idea had given him progress in his search.
His Nokia phone vibrated, shaking as if it has convulsion. A message has been sent into it.
He saw the name of the sender and hissed irritatedly.
' Tomorrow is the last days'.
His main rival in the police force, Victor, had taken it upon himself to keep tag of the remaining days into the investigation because he, Victor, wanted the job, he wanted to be the one in the faculty of Arts but Yemi was asked to take it.
He looked up and saw Brain coming.Hope she can save the day?
Re: Officer Yemi- The Trial Of A Policeman by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 17, 2015
Chapter 2
Yemi decided to stay back after the Brain left him and returned towards the faculty of Arts.
Then, his phone vibrated again. He had never stopped putting his phone on vibration ever since the day some armed robbers came to rob their house, and he was hiding when his phone vibrated to his body. He did not know when he changed the ringing profile to vibration but he appreciated how things worked that day because if the phone was not on vibration, it would have given his position away that day.
His wife was calling him.
' Hello honey', he said, a big smile showing on his face.
' Don't honey me... Don't just honey me...'
' What-'
' You want to start what every men do after they get married abi?'
' What are you talking about?'
' The information has gotten to me already',
' What informa---'
' Do you think I will not know?'
' Know what?'
' Stop pretending, that's how all of you pretend'.
' Wait...' He shouted,' what are you talking about?'
'Do I need to tell you...'
' What's wrong with you?'
'Well... I've been informed that you have started seeing different ladies', she shouted over the phone.
' But...but...'
' Don't but me... Is it true or not'.
He curved his lips in anger; angry at his wife not using her ever-wise brain to think that he was in school and in work that he surely see ladies; angry at whosoever informed his wife of his meeting with ' Brain'; angry that she would not allow him to explain if he tells her it was true.
' Yes... Who is there? Come in', she said, making him sense that she was talking to someone outside the house.
Yemi was furious, and looked about in the Gamaniel Onosode garden to try to see who his wife's informant was.
' Yeh...' Mary, his wife, shouted, ' leave me alone... Help... Help'
Yemi rose up from his seat, his head protuded in desperation that he was not there to help.
His intuition told him not to talk.
Her cry was drifting away from the phone.
' Three men are taking me away ooo... Help ooo', she screamed again and her voice faded off.
He did not want to be a center of attention, so he left the Garden, holding his emotions and trying to walk gently as he wondered who dare kidnap his wife.Who kidnapped his wife?
Re: Officer Yemi- The Trial Of A Policeman by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 17, 2015
Chapter 3
Yemi did not know how he got to the school's gate, but he just kept on moving. He should have brought his car, at least that would have help him to get to his house earlier but he did not bring. Who knows what has happened to his wife? Who are the people that took her away?
When Yemi entered His house at
Awolowo road, he looked about him, and saw nothing to point out the direction of where they might have gone. The centre table had turned and some part of his rug had crumpled; the green rug his wife cherished because it served as a background colour for the cream colour they used to paint their rented apartment. Yemi knew that the turning of table might have happened while his wife was struggling with her abductors.
' Who did this?' He muttered.
Then, his phone vibrated.
He hissed when he saw that it was his boss.
' Hello, where are you?'
' I'm at home'.
' You need to go into U.I now now...'
Yemi felt like crushing the phone.
' Sir--'
' I don't know what you are doing at present, but you must go there now'.
' But sir....'
' I said you should leave whatever you are doing', his boss shouted.
Yemi felt like crying, he felt like obeying his boss and at the same time he felt like shouting at his boss.
' My...'
' Shut up!!! A woman is tied to the tree there, and she has a time bomb around her'.
His phone gave a notification tone that he had received a message.
' Let them call someone that will stop it', Yemi said hastily as he moves out of the house, putting the call on handsfree, he checked the message.
' You have forty minutes to save your wife from exploding in the university of Ibadan'.
He gaped at the message.
' Are you listening?' His superior said.
' Sir?' He ran out.
' The man that can do it is stucked in a traffic jam at Challenge'.
' Yehh... She has forty minutes to live', Yemi shouted as he waved a bike down.
'U.I', he told the bike.
The bike rider was an hausa man.
' I no dey go por there'.
' Abeg'.
He shook his head.
' Oya 500 naira'.
The biker's eyes widen.
' Oya pipe hundred naira'.
' Hurry', he said, checking his phone, he saw that his superior was still on call with him, ' Hello sir... Are you there?'
' Yes... Yes..'
' Sir, Is there no replacement for this person'.
' No..'
Yemi almost jumped down from the bike.
' What?!'
' Yes oo... You are the one that will do it. The other police are afraid of even going near'.
' Where is she...?'
The battery of his phone went off.How will he live without her?
Re: Officer Yemi- The Trial Of A Policeman by Wendysmart(f): 1:26pm On Mar 17, 2015
Nice öne Divepen,three chapters in a row,but i believe a chapter should at least..have five thousand words.
Also you are taking it in a hurry,why not slow down and tell us more about Yemi and brain.
Re: Officer Yemi- The Trial Of A Policeman by Aipete2(f): 3:39pm On Mar 17, 2015
Oga divepen, welly-donu oh
Re: Officer Yemi- The Trial Of A Policeman by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 18, 2015
Wendysmart:
Nice öne Divepen,three chapters in a row,but i believe a chapter should at least..have five thousand words.
Also you are taking it in a hurry,why not slow down and tell us more about Yemi and brain.
*smiles,*
Thanks...
However, a chapter can be as long as the author wants. In the book, the dice, the author used just two sentences.
As for my rushing, don't mind me ..
I've written it somewhere else.... I'm just copying it..
And I will work on the details...
Re: Officer Yemi- The Trial Of A Policeman by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 18, 2015
Wendysmart:

By the way, this is my first time seeing you... * Extends hand* Nice meeting you..
Re: Officer Yemi- The Trial Of A Policeman by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 18, 2015
simonhabby:
Interesting, right from the start.
Thanks simon baba
Re: Officer Yemi- The Trial Of A Policeman by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 18, 2015
Aipete2:
Oga divepen, welly-donu oh

Thanks dear... Nice having you around
Re: Officer Yemi- The Trial Of A Policeman by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 18, 2015
Wendysmart:
Chinweblinkz... it's good to have you back

(1) (Reply)

How The World Came To Be. (yoruba Version) / The Armed Robbers Vs 3 Years Old Kid ( Short Story) / Mods delete this topic pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.