Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Help. Virus Attack - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help. Virus Attack (1289 Views)

Virus Attack Alert!! System Doctor 2014 / Ahsan Computer & G.w. Bush Virus Attack / Virus Attack: Help Urgently Needed For My Computer! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help. Virus Attack by segebee(m): 5:28pm On Sep 01, 2006
hi guys, pls i need some help
its like my diskette got some virus
all files on it changed to .exe files
what do i do
is this a virus attack
my system has no condom sorry antivirus smiley
Re: Help. Virus Attack by hayprof(m): 10:13pm On Sep 01, 2006
throw it away and get another one! Dont forget to get an antivirus for ur pc. So u've been comfortable using ur pc wit no Antivirus? u must b superman! lol,
Re: Help. Virus Attack by dhammer(m): 8:27am On Sep 03, 2006
Well if you are sure it is a virus, I suggest you get norton systemworks 2006. It should clean that sucker up. However if the virus been in your pc for a while, it has probably already done the damage it was intended to do. In that case i would suggest you format the pc. All you need is a WinXp cd,
Need anymore help, Hola back
Re: Help. Virus Attack by zero1: 11:04am On Sep 12, 2006
I think you should download nod32 (http://www.sofotex.com/NOD32-download_L13835.html) and it is the best antivirus ever and if you need serial to unlock it, go to www.serials.ws. dont open this site with windows explorer because you might get other virus but use mozilla.
you better be carefull when using antivirus because they might end up knock your pc totally.
Re: Help. Virus Attack by sbucareer(f): 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2006

[s]It might not be a virus. For precaution sake lock the diskette by sliding the read/write lock at the bottom right corner of the diskette. Slid it down so you are able to see a hole through the slider, this will make it read only. Even if it was a virus, the virus cannot transfer itself to your PC or notebook[/s]. moderator says: this is wrong And the author says, what was your reasons?

You may have try to open a file in your diskette by answering Always use the selected program to open this kind of file. It is a window pop-up message when you tried to open a file that window do not understand its extension.

If you choose yes, window will convert the default opening program to that application you clicked yes to. Put the disk into a computer, make sure the diskette is read only and try to right click a file and choose open with and select a proper program that opens that particular file and choose yes open all apps with it.

If this is not the case, search the net with phrase like exe virus etc to see if someone has reported this sort problem before.
Re: Help. Virus Attack by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:58am On Sep 20, 2006
plz guyz help me out. i used a p2p program shareaza for sometime without any problem all of a sudden one day it just started poping up itself and with some really strange stuff. i downloaded sypbot but that didn't solve the problem. i unistalled it and reinstalled but still the same problem. i use Hauri viRobort 4.0 and i just downloaded this month's virus update but didn't now i removed shareaza and at startup the pc trys to connect itself. also i later used limewire it still comes up. then i found a file called xzxzxzxzxzxzxz.exe i tried deleting it, and wheen limewire open i found it under shared folder but when i explored shared folder it wasn't there. i told windows to show hidden files it wasn't there. the last thing i want to do is to reformat my disk that would be another whahala
Re: Help. Virus Attack by jammin(m): 3:18pm On Sep 20, 2006
adewaleaf u most definately got yourself a SPYWARE! firstly the free version of spybot is useless, it allow more viruses in than it stop. get a antispyware software. try Ashampoo or Ad-ware free version available at download.com. secondly that executeable file that is on your system might need something like Norton anti-virus. try getting those and run them. thirdly you could try using Limewire to get good copies of the commercial versions. jus "search" for programs.
Re: Help. Virus Attack by adewaleafolabi(m): 5:35pm On Sep 20, 2006
thanks just now after PHCN restore the electricity, i found more of those files like about 170 of them the bad part is that they can only be seen in lime wire environment however am going to remove the spybot and try ashampoo thank you very much

(1) (Reply)

Chuck Norris Week / Any Nairalander Using Mtn Hyconnect to Browse? / Please I Need Opera Mini And Tor Videlia Settings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.