Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Steps To Take When Creating A Chat App - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Steps To Take When Creating A Chat App (1587 Views)

The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website / 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog / My Proxy Chat App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steps To Take When Creating A Chat App by franklyneo(m): 8:54am On Mar 18, 2015
Pls can someone help me on the major steps to take when creating a chat app.what and what comes 1st,followed by what eg where d API,GUI,SERVER,DATABASE CONNECTION etc,which one comes before others
Re: Steps To Take When Creating A Chat App by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 18, 2015
Download phone gap and create some html , css and Java scripts edit the or download android sdk or Create app with this link apps.atnapps.com
Re: Steps To Take When Creating A Chat App by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 18, 2015
Create app with this link www.apps.atnapps.com
Re: Steps To Take When Creating A Chat App by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 18, 2015
Remember to use notepad or MS Word for the html, css file copy the and paste
Re: Steps To Take When Creating A Chat App by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 18, 2015
Whoops I made a mistake.
Re: Steps To Take When Creating A Chat App by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 18, 2015
Re: Steps To Take When Creating A Chat App by franklyneo(m): 9:59pm On Mar 18, 2015
Plss the app i wanna create is an instant messaging app...i don't wanna do it online,coz the site can't offer me everything
Re: Steps To Take When Creating A Chat App by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
How are you going to create an app without Internet connection . I will advise you to use Oracle it is faster. Or u download phone gap to build an app for iPhone and some devices create some html , css and Java scripts using notepad, copy and paste it . U need a book of advance programming to help you with Dat or you use android sdk.;That is the only method I know of. I will advice you to do some research on app development .
Re: Steps To Take When Creating A Chat App by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 18, 2015
Pls tell me your ideas so that I can throw more light
Re: Steps To Take When Creating A Chat App by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 18, 2015
Create an instant messaging website and build an app that interfaces the website.
Re: Steps To Take When Creating A Chat App by franklyneo(m): 10:41pm On Mar 18, 2015
The only problem i have is how to create d GUI and connect it wt the main function.

When coding d app,what should come 1st,is it the chatting environment,the API,d server,etc what comes after ds or that...that's my question bro
Re: Steps To Take When Creating A Chat App by Nobody: 5:07am On Mar 19, 2015
You have to create a database before the API , GUI AND server connection and database connection . It seems you want to create an app for pc only .read some programming books to help you . Don't be discouraged . U can achieve anything. I will advice you to focus on software . All what you are saying is software development . All this software are use in banks and corporate organization .

1 Like

Re: Steps To Take When Creating A Chat App by Nipeks(m): 8:37am On Mar 19, 2015
It depends on the kind of chat system you want implement. For example, you might want to create a friendship system first so that user will only recieve chat message from friends to prevent and control spamming and to protect privacy.

I will write a tutorial on that this week.

I have a chat app on my website already but still incomplete

PostScroll Chat

NB: You have to login before using the chat and it's not yet available for mobile.
Re: Steps To Take When Creating A Chat App by nnamdiosu(m): 8:00am On Mar 20, 2015
Nipeks:
It depends on the kind of chat system you want implement. For example, you might want to create a friendship system first so that user will only recieve chat message from friends to prevent and control spamming and to protect privacy.

I will write a tutorial on that on my website this week. I will also try to post it here.

I have a typical chat app on my website already but still want to add more feature. I'm even yet to start the mobile interface.

PostScroll Chat

NB: You have to login before using the chat and it's not yet available for mobile.

hello bro. nice one. thanks for taking the time out to reach us. pls do u do android apps? I have a personal project I'm abt tacking and I need all the help I can get. I want to do a bulk SMS app. pls do u have any idea on it. although I took some tips from the messaging app you specified. the gui is no p. i can easily handle it by Gods grace and yes I have the android SDK and books too. I. also working hard on them.thanks
Re: Steps To Take When Creating A Chat App by toshodei: 9:46am On Mar 20, 2015
franklyneo:
Pls can someone help me on the major steps to take when creating a chat app.what and what comes 1st,followed by what eg where d API,GUI,SERVER,DATABASE CONNECTION etc,which one comes before others

If u are trying 2 do it alone, I suggest u use a Baas, bcuz its hard 1 for person 2 do. Do u have a team?
Re: Steps To Take When Creating A Chat App by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 20, 2015
U are welcome . Do it step by step don't rush u will achieve your goals .
Re: Steps To Take When Creating A Chat App by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 20, 2015
Re: Steps To Take When Creating A Chat App by franklyneo(m): 5:38pm On Mar 20, 2015
toshodei:

If u are trying 2 do it alone, I suggest u use a Baas, bcuz its hard 1 for person 2 do. Do u have a team?

i don't hv a team bro,just wanna do it as a project for school
Re: Steps To Take When Creating A Chat App by toshodei: 10:54pm On Mar 20, 2015
franklyneo:

i don't hv a team bro,just wanna do it as a project for school

If that is the case, use a Baas and save yourself time, money, energy and stress. Its not easy to build a chat app from scratch. Baas (with a free account) can help u out. Then maybe when u finish school or when u are on holiday or have more time, u can build 1 from scratch.
Re: Steps To Take When Creating A Chat App by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 20, 2015
Franklyneo take my advice and create your mobile app don't rush . I have given you the only methods I know of . U need books to make your do your software app . Try my method, I have given you many alternatives. It will work . I create apps and put it on Google play store. To your success franklyneo . Do it yourself . U want to build an app for bulk sms u need to create a bulk sms website first . U will spend money. Lots of it in dollars . In this period when naira is falling what we will do. Nothing is free . Talk to all network providers in Nigeria for resell of bulk sms. Tell them your ideas to upgrade website. Maybe they will help u. It is just a probability . Oops I just made a mistake . U will make your app free but people will pay to resell bulk. It is all about doing what makes you happy . Contact me if you want to become an administrator in my website . My website is an e-commerce website like jumia or konga but I don't have anything to sell . Send me your email address if you're interested . I need competent people . My website platform is weebly . My website is www.proxze.com . The work of administrator is to create post about news, music and jobs , u can also sell your products .
Re: Steps To Take When Creating A Chat App by stevejoys29: 6:49am On Jul 04, 2015
I Would like to Share about GroupRocket.Net, I do work for GroupRocket, You May think, My Comment is bias but I do believe GroupRocket is helpful for communication at work or making chatting about work even better.

GroupRocket comes from one of the very best in the application development industry that created the live video streaming software – ‘Castasy’ and a several applications for on demand services – ‘Mowares’. In addition to an iOS app, this instant messaging program comes as a web version as well. And with the app you can now create a chat platform for any niche industry. With easy registration and notifications on every member activity, the app allows the users to share any number of files in all different formats. Users can also restrict access to files and allow every member or specific ones to access them. All the messages exchanged through the app can be archived and viewed anytime later.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-iGh7KqwUDTc/VZZexCTWGvI/AAAAAAAAAA0/5evbFOiEXsk/s1600/Team%2BCollaboration%2BSoftware.jpg[/img]

(1) (Reply)

Beware..... Umujagbe Wacomcy Mudiaga(profile Name: Wacomcy21) Is A SCAMMER! / How Can I Upload/install Mybb To 000webhost / A Highly Featured Chatting Website For Sale - Surprisingly Affordable!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.