Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Computer Industry Acronyms - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Computer Industry Acronyms (7930 Views)

Common Computer Acronyms You Should Know / Some Computer Terminologies And Their Acronyms / Really In Need To D Meanings Of These Internet Acronyms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Computer Industry Acronyms by borwaleh: 12:47am On May 09, 2010
what a creativity!love that.Discard whatever criticisms.Expecting more
Re: Computer Industry Acronyms by sandybrosto: 7:37am On Jun 24, 2010
They are used throughout the computer and electronic industry for describing various functions, processes, components, and such. It used to be a language only known by computer enthusiasts, however now with the Internet becoming more and more popular, computer acronyms have become part of the vernacular.
Here are some Acronyms:
ACE >> Access Control Entry
ACL >> Access Control List
ACM >> Association of Computer Machinery
ACM >> Audio Compression Manager (Microsoft)
ACS >> Access Control System
Re: Computer Industry Acronyms by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 29, 2010
i think this thread should be in the joke section
Re: Computer Industry Acronyms by Richardsop(m): 7:58pm On Jul 17, 2010
Re: Computer Industry Acronyms by Internetcash1(f): 11:41am On Oct 04, 2010
Men u are all a genius IBM I blast Morkers
Re: Computer Industry Acronyms by wise3g(m): 11:15am On Oct 25, 2010
emmm, great,
Re: Computer Industry Acronyms by coolpee(m): 3:53pm On Dec 22, 2010
A neatly and still very new blackberry storm 9530 for sale @30k

Interested people should send a mail to petertriplet@yahoo.com

Serious buyers only

please
Re: Computer Industry Acronyms by laddi27: 5:02pm On Dec 28, 2010
interesting smiley
Re: Computer Industry Acronyms by smartpple: 8:55pm On Dec 28, 2010
We cannot deny the painful fact when we look at the downward trend in the nation economy, rise in crime rate and global insecurity which is on the increase. Job security is fast disappearing; those with jobs are so scared about the future, while those without jobs are not even sure about tomorrow. For how long will these trends go on? Are there remedies to these issues? Companies will do anything to retain or employ anyone who will help them move forward. That is the fact. Those that have jobs and those that will love to be employed must strive to remain relevant. No one is ready to waste money employing anyone who will not bring instant and desired results. The question is how can you become and stay relevant? Since the emergence of Information Technology, our daily lives (both corporate and individual) have been made easier. In a recent survey, it was observed that most of the people who lost their jobs did so because the had no knowledge about Information Technology. In these times, there is a need to understand what exactly organizations want from employees so that you can position yourself to provide it. This is the secret to retaining any job and securing your future. In this period of insecurity, organization will need people who will help them secure their data by every means possible.
A fast rising IT /TELECOMS TRAINING COMPANY has put together a free training programme to help job applicants and employees as well to stand out in their organizations, by communicating and teaching IT security policies that will save millions for organizations. This easy to understand process can make you a STAR PLAYER in any interview and in any organization.
For more information on how to qualify for this training call:

SMART PEOPLE ACADEMY
NO 43 MODUPE STREET, FOLA AGORO.
LAGOS STATE
CALL:07065365535, 08055137212
Re: Computer Industry Acronyms by GEORGE8: 8:09am On Jan 01, 2011
The American Standard Code for Information Interchange, a standard way for computers to use bits and bytes to represent characters.

fall off stage
Re: Computer Industry Acronyms by 2ndThought(m): 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2011
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
EOL - End of Life
FOL - Fact of Life
DR - Disaster Recovery
SoW - Statement of Work
PD - Product Defect
KB - Knowledge Base
CR - Change Request
SP - Service Pack
FP - Fix Pack
RCA - Root Cause Analysis
CoE - Centre of Excellence
VPN - Virtual Private Network
PoP - Point of Presence
RFID - Radio Frequency Identifier
LoS - Line of Sight
NDR - Non-Delivery Report
DDoS - Distributed Denial of Service
Re: Computer Industry Acronyms by buycheappc: 9:10pm On Feb 06, 2011
hello , have you ever heard of the opportunity of buying new laptop with not more than $100 only
i know some internet surfers knows more about this especially those that are dealing with ecommerce
company. i have decided to teach everybody this secret and links to this company , how to bid for any online digital products , how to receive your package here in nigeria, also how to avoid scamm merchants. brethren you must join me now on facebook just log on to www.facebook.com/minimarket1989 or start today with $100 only at www.buypclaptop.tk
Re: Computer Industry Acronyms by Neoluv(m): 6:03am On Feb 11, 2011
A big shop  in a conspicuous and strategic  location(number one on the street) at trade fair complex Iyana-Iba Ojo,is available for sale,suitable for shop,office or ware house,with electric fittings and all dues paid,original certificate of ownership, transaction would be done in the presence of the union for safety,
Re: Computer Industry Acronyms by jhon12: 6:31pm On Mar 12, 2011
In the presence of all the encouraging comment I can only say that, The post is truly great, !
Re: Computer Industry Acronyms by Iroyin(m): 2:59am On Apr 17, 2011
I just noticed sometime ago that evry mistake that you make on a computer is an added knowledge. do you know that a computer will never complain? just issue the command and it will carry it out. cheesy
Re: Computer Industry Acronyms by garrygreen: 4:23pm On May 23, 2011
The computer is growing at such an exponential rate is sometimes really hard to decide which career path. Now computers have become an integral part of life. With many benefits and uses of computers changed the world, making life easier, better and more comfortable.
Re: Computer Industry Acronyms by nairaup: 1:21pm On Jul 27, 2011
i need samsung laptop flex
Re: Computer Industry Acronyms by Researchguru: 6:50am On Jul 30, 2011
Timothy Iyke Kola
Research Guru
Hello My Wonderful 9ja Peeps, I'm Here To Tell U About A Wonderful And Latest Pc Tunneler Which I Discovered 3days Ago, It's As Fast As The Speed Of Light. I Would Like To Share It With U Including The Software To Be Used. Thats Not All, The Package Also Contain A Symbian Tunneler Which Makes U Browse Free As If U're Using A Computer And Freedom, Whereas It's Just A Symbian Fone. N.B It Works 4 All Applications, And Also U Dont Need Free Browsing Tweak Again 4 Ur Opera Becos The Tunneler Is Just Enough. I Will Be Giving This Package 4 Just #1000. If U're Interested Or Have Any Questions To Ask Kall Me On 08069348618. GOD BLESS 9JA
Re: Computer Industry Acronyms by PRESERVER(m): 1:09am On Aug 17, 2011
Re: Computer Industry Acronyms by Ndexondeck: 11:23am On Sep 30, 2011
[size=16pt]Hello all[/size],
IT oriented guys like me hate to see such scandalous acts going on at this point in civilization. You should always recognize the fact that everything we do has a direct influence on our sub-conscious mind, which automatically affects our knowledge. Those who post these useless and meaningless acronyms think they are humorous but are rather ignorant of the fact  that they are simultaneously killing the little they know about computer acronyms. However, more harm is actually done to the readers because what we read immediately gets inculcated in our skull. See for instance, somebody laughed at a person who described CD-ROM as "Compact Disc Read Only Memory" which some of us know is correct.

[size=14pt]PLEASE, PASTE THE REEAAAAL THING!!! sad[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dell Latitude E7440 Core I5 UK Used =135k / Simple Server: Airtel Simple Server Download For Android & Code, Cheat For PC / Get 1gb Data Plan Internet Browsing On Your Zain Sim For Just #1,100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.