Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,310 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Why Its Good To Live A Godly Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Its Good To Live A Godly Life (706 Views)

10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life / 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women / Happy Sunday: Is Having Sex As Couple Before Going To Church Godly Or Ungodly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Its Good To Live A Godly Life by Ayyy(m): 5:13pm On Mar 18, 2015
Let's take a look at the two Americans Max Jukes and Edward Jonathan's Generation and Decendants
Max Jukes, the atheist, lived a godless life. He married an ungodly girl, and from the union there were 310 who died as paupers, 150 were criminals, 7 were murderers, 100 were drunkards, and more than half of the women were prostitutes. His 540 descendants cost the State one and a quarter million dollars.

But, praise the Lord, it works both ways! There is a record of a great American man of God, Jonathan Edwards. He lived at the same time as Max Jukes, but he married a godly girl. An investigation was made of 1,394 known descendants of Jonathan Edwards of which 13 became college presidents, 65 college professors, 3 United States senators, 30 judges, 100 lawyers, 60 physicians, 75 army and navy officers, 100 preachers and missionaries, 60 authors of prominence, one a vice-president of the United States, 80 became public officials in other capacities, 295 college graduates, among whom were governors of states and ministers to foreign countries. His descendants did not cost the state a single penny. 'The memory of the just is blessed' (Prov. 10:7).
To us this is the conclusion of the whole matter.
This is a better account than the one I've seen more often, but the details are not as accurate as they should be. According to the March 8, 1902, issue of The School Journal, the numbers vary a bit.

Suffice it to say, "The almost universal traits of the 'Jukes' were idleness, ignorance, and vulgarity. These characteristics led to disease and disgrace, to pauperism and crime. They were a disgustingly diseased family as a whole. There were many imbeciles and many insane."

My version of the story says Jukes' name is the origin of the word juke, meaning "to fake or deceive." No, it wasn't. It's from a word meaning "wicked, disorderly" in a Southern English creole.

This is not so much a busted myth as a clarification. I hope I have edified you. cool
Re: Why Its Good To Live A Godly Life by asadike(f): 6:01pm On Mar 18, 2015
As for me and my family, we will serve d lord.

2 Likes

Re: Why Its Good To Live A Godly Life by kadas01(m): 6:08pm On Mar 18, 2015
So much benefits you enjoy when you truly live a Godly life!

You'll always enjoy Divine protection at all times no matter the situation or condition you may find yourself!

You'll always be contented with whatever you have in life; as well as optimistic that THE LORD alone is The Only Great Provider!

The blessings of living a Godly life are so numerous!

Halleluyah!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

South African Church Where Pastor Strips Members During Prayer [photos] / Photo: Suicide Bomber Has Attacked A Shia Mosque In Saudi Arabia / Have You Heard About This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.