Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

How To Download A Website And Redesign It - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Download A Website And Redesign It (1349 Views)

Redesign your Website and blog @ Best Price!! / Is Your Website Responsive Website ?, If Not You Must Redesign It Urgently / Important Factors That Will Make Your Website Redesign Process A Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Download A Website And Redesign It by ugotex85: 6:11pm On Mar 18, 2015
I'm new in web development, when I see beautiful and sophisticated sites up there in the cyberspace, I keep wondering when I would upgrade myself to meet up with this standard. However, I've heard it before that there is a way to download your desired website and modify the contents. Let's say a Client asks you to design a site similar to bbc. com, can you download the site and change the contents, and maybe colours so as to save yourself the stress of trying to create the site from the scratch? If yes, which software or tool can one use to achieve that, and what are the procedures?
Re: How To Download A Website And Redesign It by FRInteractives: 6:52pm On Mar 18, 2015
What you are trying to do won't make you a better Web Developer or designer, yes its possible to download a site from its remote server but the owners might sue you the developer.

If you like a design on a website what you need do is figure out the technologies used in the design by viewing the source code or inspecting the website's element then try to upgrade your skills to be able to create something like that.

But I would advise you network with other developers so you can upgrade your Web skills.

Thanks.
Regards

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Download A Website And Redesign It by ugotex85: 10:37pm On Mar 18, 2015
FRInteractives:
What you are trying to do won't make you a better Web Developer or designer, yes its possible to download a site from its remote server but the owners might sue you the developer.

If you like a design on a website what you need do is figure out the technologies used in the design by viewing the source code or inspecting the website's element then try to upgrade your skills to be able to create something like that.

But I would advise you network with other developers so you can upgrade your Web skills.

Thanks.
Regards

Thanks for your comment
Re: How To Download A Website And Redesign It by bedfordng(m): 4:29pm On Mar 19, 2015
best is to design yours by cloning some of the features and adding more that is not there.it can be hand coded if you can do it
Re: How To Download A Website And Redesign It by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 19, 2015
Copy the html and css code if the website you want to use and put it in your website html/css Dashboard edit it so that it will look a bit different after that published your website .
Re: How To Download A Website And Redesign It by CreativeWeb(m): 7:44pm On Mar 19, 2015
Lame comments.

Fisrt, you can ONLY 'download' and redesign static html/css/js website. Not cms-powered or server-side-scripting-language-powered websites. You cannot download server-side scipts or files. Php can only vomit html to you, but you cannot see its composition.

2 Likes

Re: How To Download A Website And Redesign It by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 19, 2015
U can convert the file to text .I did not say download the html or css script .
Re: How To Download A Website And Redesign It by ugotex85: 4:00pm On Mar 20, 2015
proxy23:
U can convert the file to text .I did not say download the html or css script .

How can that be done?
Re: How To Download A Website And Redesign It by shorxynla(m): 9:52pm On Mar 20, 2015
Search google and download Httrack software. That's what you need. It will all the files of a particular website for you.

2 Likes

Re: How To Download A Website And Redesign It by Guyson(m): 10:23pm On Mar 20, 2015
shorxynla:
Search google and download Httrack software. That's what you need. It will all the files of a particular website for you.

He has said it all. Httrack is what you need.

#createYourOwnWork

Besides when a client ask you to design a site like one, they don't mean you should photocopy that particular site.
Re: How To Download A Website And Redesign It by seunoni34(m): 8:54am On Mar 21, 2015
ugotex85:
I'm new in web development, when I see beautiful and sophisticated sites up there in the cyberspace, I keep wondering when I would upgrade myself to meet up with this standard. However, I've heard it before that there is a way to download your desired website and modify the contents. Let's say a Client asks you to design a site similar to bbc. com, can you download the site and change the contents, and maybe colours so as to save yourself the stress of trying to create the site from the scratch? If yes, which software or tool can one use to achieve that, and what are the procedures?
First thing you can do is to copy the layout. Use pencil to draw like grids. Then you can fix other components (sliders, banners, etc) in the grids and design.
If you really want to clone the entire site (though it's a bad Idea) and like the first commenter said ;it will make you a bad designer. Google a software named "httrack" that will do the job for you.
And you can also search Google for website templates. You will definitely find thousands that you like.
Re: How To Download A Website And Redesign It by fattbabakay(m): 9:44am On Mar 21, 2015
thou shall not steal another man's work...

1 Like

Re: How To Download A Website And Redesign It by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 21, 2015
Re: How To Download A Website And Redesign It by resultcase(m): 4:20pm On Mar 21, 2015
use Internet Download Manager grabber..... it works great... Note: you can only grab html/css/js and not server side scripts.
Re: How To Download A Website And Redesign It by ugotex85: 8:33pm On Mar 23, 2015
seunoni34:

First thing you can do is to copy the layout. Use pencil to draw like grids. Then you can fix other components (sliders, banners, etc) in the grids and design.
If you really want to clone the entire site (though it's a bad Idea) and like the first commenter said ;it will make you a bad designer. Google a software named "httrack" that will do the job for you.
And you can also search Google for website templates. You will definitely find thousands that you like.
Thanks bro, I really appreciate.

(1) (Reply)

The Site Is For Sale (macketcircle.com.ng ) Is Available For Sale / Best Free Keyword Research Tool For Google Adsense And Affiliate Marketing / Facebook Page Creation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.