Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo (28431 Views)

Man Dies After Drinking 4 Crates Of Beer In Lagos / Man Dies After “excessive Drinking” In Abuja (Photo) / Man Dies After Drinking 20 Sachets Of Gin In N500 Bet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by tk4rd: 6:03am On Mar 19, 2015
lalasticlala:
It was all fun and games till a man died in a drinking competition he was having with his friends in Benin, Edo State.

Famous Ogbeide, 25, was attending the funeral of a friend's father when someone suggested they start a drinking competition.

Reports say, the deceased and his friends drank different types and combinations of gins and alcohol. Famous won the competition at the second round, earning him a cash prize of N4,000. Unfortunately, the prize couldn't be redeemed as he was immediately hospitalised and died shortly after.

The police have stepped into the case by arresting the organisers of the event.

Investigations have commenced.

http://pulse.ng/gist/a-death-that-breeds-death-man-dies-in-drinking-competition-at-a-funeral-id3579847.html
Free Alcohol leads to abuse and excessive drinking
Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by ijiini(m): 6:30am On Mar 19, 2015
....omuti...na wetin he love kill am
Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by Timijo(m): 7:36am On Mar 19, 2015
hardbody:

Was this bible written by you? I have read d bible back to back and havent come across an injunction saying expressly that drinking is bad
Clap for yourself for reading the bible back to back and yet you did not find the scriptures below:
32) Isaiah 5:22 - Woe to "champion"
drinkers and "experts" at mixing drinks.

57) Habakkuk 2:15 - Woe to him that
gives his neighbour drink.
Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by knowledge4(m): 8:06am On Mar 19, 2015
Died drinking alcoholic drinks?
Straight to hell! (Galatians 5:21)
What a sad and tragic ending.
Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by francizy(m): 8:20am On Mar 19, 2015
lalasticlala:
It was all fun and games till a man died in a drinking competition he was having with his friends in Benin, Edo State.

Famous Ogbeide, 25, was attending the funeral of a friend's father when someone suggested they start a drinking competition.

Reports say, the deceased and his friends drank different types and combinations of gins and alcohol. Famous won the competition at the second round, earning him a cash prize of N4,000. Unfortunately, the prize couldn't be redeemed as he was immediately hospitalised and died shortly after.

The police have stepped into the case by arresting the organisers of the event.

Investigations have commenced.

http://pulse.ng/gist/a-death-that-breeds-death-man-dies-in-drinking-competition-at-a-funeral-id3579847.html

Thank goodness I will never get involved in such. Thank goodness I'm no drunk or a smoker.

My advise to alcoholics, one bottle a day is good for your health but if you have to take more than that, then don't take it at all.

I've seen many guys that can't use their money to buy alcohol, but whenever they see free one, they can take up to 3 crates. As if that one will add up for the ones they've not been drinking before. Shame tho.
Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by trayvon360: 8:56am On Mar 19, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
nawa oh. Abeg I need more, c'mon bro. U can do more than this
hmm ok. How about i just call u stupid and u accept it and we go our seperate ways wink
Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by frisky2good(m): 8:56am On Mar 19, 2015
Women no dey die?
brito:
Men just dey die anyhow, if woman no kill him drink go kill am. God protect men from dying anyhow! R.I.P sha.
Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 19, 2015
frisky2good:
Women no dey die?

Face front
Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:07am On Mar 19, 2015
trayvon360:
hmm ok. How about i just call u stupid and u accept it and we go our seperate ways wink
silly no get gravity. I need the 1 wey get gravity & tap root..
Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by trayvon360: 9:23am On Mar 19, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
silly no get gravity. I need the 1 wey get gravity & tap root..
go find herbalist wey e go give u that one.
Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by mechanics(m): 9:47am On Mar 19, 2015
Alcohol is bad, avoid it to stay healthy.
Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by Gynacologist(m): 10:25am On Mar 19, 2015
brito:
Men just dey die anyhow, if woman no kill him drink go kill am. God protect men from dying anyhow! R.I.P sha.
hw woman de kil man?
Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by frisky2good(m): 11:17am On Mar 19, 2015
Na your back I dey. smiley

brito:

Face front
Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 19, 2015
almostFamous:
Hez gonna get 72 bottles of orijin when he gets there. Some Men acting like fools.
ar u frm korea, so pwetty
Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 19, 2015
ismailaja:
ar u frm korea, so pwetty
Lol.thanx
Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by Bowaley17(m): 3:59pm On Mar 19, 2015
When drinking goes wrong
Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:26pm On Mar 19, 2015
What proves strength is the refusal to take part in an alcohol consumption contest such as this and not engaging in it.

Poverty of the mind.

Adieu rest in peace
Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by ArcToyin(m): 7:43pm On Mar 19, 2015
SagePerv:
RIP drinking master.

lolllllzzzzzzzz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

View/Post Pictures Of Exceptional Cakes / Pictures Of A Yam That Resembles A Folded Fist / Cheapest Substitute For Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.