Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Egypt Honors Mother Who Dressed As Man For 43 Years To Provide For Family - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Egypt Honors Mother Who Dressed As Man For 43 Years To Provide For Family (818 Views)

VIO Official Attacks Man For Taking Pic Of Him Fighting Road User / Woman Beats Man For Harassing Her Husband (photo) / Adorable Photos Of 2 Young Boys Dressed Up As GEJ & Buhari. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egypt Honors Mother Who Dressed As Man For 43 Years To Provide For Family by eDoctorr(m): 12:21am On Mar 19, 2015
A 64yr old widowed Egyptian woman, Abu
Daooh (yeah, that’s a woman pictured
above) has been honored by a Local
government in Egypt with the ‘woman
breadwinner’ award after it was discovered
she disguised as a man for 43 years so she
could operate as a shoemaker and fend for
her family.
Daooh lost her husband 43 years ago while
she was pregnant with her only child, a girl.
She said she decided to disguise because
her community frowned at women who
work. Daooh who wore a “jilbab” and a male
hat known as a “Taqiyah” and black
masculine shoes around, said she decided to
disguise as a man so she could work and
earn a decent living rather than beg on the
streets.
“I preferred working in hard
labor like lifting bricks and
cement bags and cleaning
shoes to begging in the
streets in order to earn a
living for myself and for my
daughter and her children.
So as to protect myself from
men and the harshness of
their looks and being
targeted by them due to
traditions, I decided to be a
man … and dressed in their
clothes and worked
alongside them in other
villages where no one knows
me.”she said
She said she had at some point stopped
working and married off her daughter to a
man but that the man took ill and she had to
continue working so she could fend for her
daughter and grandchildren.

www.naijasurge.com/egypt-honors-mother-who-dressed-as-man-for-43-years-to-provide-for-family/

Re: Egypt Honors Mother Who Dressed As Man For 43 Years To Provide For Family by culcid(m): 12:41am On Mar 19, 2015
for 43 years, no sex, no relationship, no identity, in fact not even existing, and she didn't do it for herself but for her child, chai! it can only be a mother.

God please all I want is for YOU to bless the child and fulfill the hope of this rare mother in her life.
Re: Egypt Honors Mother Who Dressed As Man For 43 Years To Provide For Family by Caseless: 12:42am On Mar 19, 2015
Na only mothers fit do this kain thing for their children.
Re: Egypt Honors Mother Who Dressed As Man For 43 Years To Provide For Family by kilokeys(m): 12:47am On Mar 19, 2015
chai. i wan cry... 43 years..

mothers o..

but would these our current girls in our time grow into mothers?

cos.. the way it is.. they might transcend from girls to big girls to Mama Gees to IYA isale.

cos i barely see motherly traits o.. dem dey collect pass funnel and wouldn't produce much.

#just saying sha
Re: Egypt Honors Mother Who Dressed As Man For 43 Years To Provide For Family by Lilyomi(f): 1:03am On Mar 19, 2015
A woman of honour. She is really to b respected
Re: Egypt Honors Mother Who Dressed As Man For 43 Years To Provide For Family by Chrisjane(f): 1:08am On Mar 19, 2015
Motherhood is the toughest job in the world.
Her job has no holidays or day offs yet she
doesn’t grumble a thing about it.
Her profession portrays unconditional love,
selflessness and sacrifice.
A single day is not enough to
honor our mothers.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Honors Mother Who Dressed As Man For 43 Years To Provide For Family by missdebs(f): 1:16am On Mar 19, 2015
almost moved to tears..now this is the real definition of feminism, unlike some wu prefer to rant continuously about injustice and unfair treatment to women, here is one wu has taken ha destiny into ha hands and has fed nd taken care of ha family in a man's world. Thumbs up ma

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Honors Mother Who Dressed As Man For 43 Years To Provide For Family by Tallesty1(m): 1:23am On Mar 19, 2015
Some girls here would have given up their kids for adoption or send them to their mom or ma-inlaw and run away with a boyfriend.

Mother Is Supreme.
Re: Egypt Honors Mother Who Dressed As Man For 43 Years To Provide For Family by pwerrymansion(f): 2:06am On Mar 19, 2015
A love of a mother is unquantifiable! And Grace shall be given to such selfless mothers... What a daring woman! I love my mother and also love being a mother.... smiley
Re: Egypt Honors Mother Who Dressed As Man For 43 Years To Provide For Family by fromnigeria(m): 2:51am On Mar 19, 2015
Federal Govt confers CON on Dr. Who allegedly stole N20Bn.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Honors Mother Who Dressed As Man For 43 Years To Provide For Family by chukxie(m): 3:32am On Mar 19, 2015
Respect, to you!
Re: Egypt Honors Mother Who Dressed As Man For 43 Years To Provide For Family by Francman(m): 8:43am On Mar 19, 2015
fromnigeria:
Federal Govt confers CON on Dr. Who allegedly stole N20Bn.
LOL. It's nt easy to be a thief in the most religious country, u know.

(1) (Reply)

Who Banned Me?? / Useful Information For Those Who Love Taking Eggs / The Fake Revenge Stunt That Fooled Nearly Everyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.