Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th (4604 Views)

FIFA Sympathizes With Nigeria On The Calabar Tragedy / Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 / Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 19, 2015
Goal can authoritatively reveal that Uganda will play against Nigeria at the Uyo Stadium on Wednesday, March 25.

A very competent source in the Nigeria Football Federation said that the NFF has concluded plans for Uganda to slug it out with the Super Eagles after Bolivia backed out of the friendly citing civil unrest in Nigeria.

An elated NFF source disclosed, “I am happy to tell you that the March 26th, 2015 Fifa date will be utilized after all. We have concluded plans with and also sealed all necessary terms as regards the match with the national team of Uganda for a friendly against the Super Eagles come Wednesday, March 25, 2015.

“The leadership of the Nigeria Football Federation is not happy with the way Bolivia bungled the already sealed plans for a friendly match against the Super Eagles. We are also considering legal implications as regards this bungled friendly since the NFF did not breach the contract.

“We are looking at how we can get fair judgment on the matter from Fifa since we have spent a lot of money as regards preparations and logistics regarding execution of the match.

“But we are happier that the Eagles will file out against Uganda in Uyo on that Fifa free day. But all arrangements concerning the Eagles’ friendly against the Bafana Bafana of South Africa stays and preparations are in full gear for that,” the source told Goal.

He also explained the choice of Wednesday as against Thursday earlier picked which is to allow for travel for fans ahead of the presidential elections.

“We don’t want people to have traveling problems since there will be only one day which is Friday before the election fixed for Saturday, March 28 for people to return to their respective bases from Uyo. This is the reason why we opted for Wednesday so that fans will be afforded at least two days to do so”.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4078/exclusives/2015/03/19/9972912/uganda-agree-to-play-nigeria-on-march-25
Re: Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by Bigcake: 10:35am On Mar 19, 2015
Birds of the same feather can easily flock together.

1 Like

Re: Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by crownprince102: 11:38am On Mar 19, 2015
I guess Egwuekwe can hold our defence against the Ugandan.

Tekelo Rantie will show him how to run again in Nespruit if he is fielded

1 Like

Re: Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by ralmix(m): 12:27pm On Mar 19, 2015
2 olodo dey du yangar
Re: Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by justi4jesu(f): 12:27pm On Mar 19, 2015
cool cool cool
Re: Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by Bonapart(m): 12:27pm On Mar 19, 2015
Good! Make we just use them increase our fifa ranking.....
i don't believe in anything that relate to fifa though

2 Likes

Re: Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by robosky02(m): 12:28pm On Mar 19, 2015
ok

enyeama clean sheet materia for 100 caps

1 Like

Re: Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 19, 2015
undecided
Re: Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by hamaworld(m): 12:29pm On Mar 19, 2015
grin where they wan play d match.
Omokachi u beta come cast ur vote oooo

Don't go & disfranchise urself because of one match wey no get meaning like mama piss campaign grin grin
Re: Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by Joniboi(m): 12:30pm On Mar 19, 2015
How are the mighty fallen! This is the level our football has reduced to. We re supposed to be playing gradeA countries not Uganda.

Tufiakwa NFF!
Re: Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by Jostico: 12:30pm On Mar 19, 2015
we go mama dem
Re: Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by greall12(m): 12:31pm On Mar 19, 2015
Uganda
Re: Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by lidnet: 12:32pm On Mar 19, 2015
Okay...next pls.
Re: Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by MKO4ever(m): 12:32pm On Mar 19, 2015
So they finally agreed to play with us, we thank God ooooo. GEJ is working
Re: Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by Ekhemini(m): 12:33pm On Mar 19, 2015
Passing through all the ticket stress and suffering before entering the stadium just to watch a 'training session' against Uganda. I go watch am 4 TV jor.

2 Likes

Re: Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by Bhella5(m): 12:35pm On Mar 19, 2015
Super Eagles and grade C friendlies. No wonder we keep heading south on FiFA ranking. First it was Bolivia and now Uganda...yeye NFF
Re: Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by ozoigbondu: 12:36pm On Mar 19, 2015
More teams for us to beat......we need to boost our fifa ranking

1 Like

Re: Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by phlio(m): 12:37pm On Mar 19, 2015
y not play Germany
Re: Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by jamex93(m): 12:42pm On Mar 19, 2015
we dey beg dem b4 ni.......we and dem no b mate
Re: Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by arantess: 12:43pm On Mar 19, 2015
Bonapart:
Good! Make we just use them increase our fifa ranking.....
i don't believe in anything that relate to fifa though
believe me, our rankings cannot be elevated by playing uganda.....from Brazil to Bolivia then Uganda...this is the best NFF can get for us?
Re: Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by Fadelex(m): 12:43pm On Mar 19, 2015
so this is what super eagles has become, somebody should tell akpabio to collect all the bribe paid to nff to bring eagle's match to uyo. they couldn't organize even a grade B friendly with the likes of Sweden, Ireland, Scotland, Colombia, Denmark and so on.... now we are begging Uganda ( battle ground to soccer field) to grace our multibillion naira architectural masterpiece in uyo. when I asked how government will recoup investment on this stadium, people asked for my head. hope political rallies and grade c friendlies will bring ROI of N80billion in the next 20years.... I'm out

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by Badosqi(m): 12:49pm On Mar 19, 2015
Useless friendly.. We can't gain anything from this worthless match.
We won't gain ranking points, our fifa raking won't improve. We may be on the negative side if that yeye team should smell even a draw against us.
We risk injury our best legs in europe sef..

Oga oooo.... From almighty brazil to Bolivia now Uganda
Re: Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by enomakos(m): 12:50pm On Mar 19, 2015
good
Re: Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by ipunchbitches(m): 12:51pm On Mar 19, 2015
dem go still lose sef awon olodo oshi

long live the u-20

1 Like

Re: Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 19, 2015
Naija don reach that level.. we want change!
Re: Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by Bonapart(m): 12:54pm On Mar 19, 2015
arantess:

believe me, our rankings cannot be elevated by playing uganda.....from Brazil to Bolivia then Uganda...this is the best NFF can get for us?
my guy am even happy with them. What would you have them do? Brazil opt out same with Bolivia and beside many countries are engaged already while many are afraid of our terrorist the bokos
Re: Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th by kinzation(m): 12:55pm On Mar 19, 2015
cheesy 9ja go trash dm naa

(1) (2) (Reply)

Passion For Winning Soccer Bet Tips - Win 2Day to Bet 2Moro !!! / France(3) vs Spain(1): World Cup 2006 Second Round / YEEEEHHHH!!!..I‘M DEAD..#136,534.38... Scotland League 0ne Ooooooooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.