Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,571 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Photo: Check Out How Orderly Lagos Traffic Was In The 60's - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photo: Check Out How Orderly Lagos Traffic Was In The 60's (29440 Views)

Photo Of Lagos Traffic In 1982 / How To Deal With Strong-armed Robbery In Lagos Traffic. / Photo Of Lagos Traffic In The 60's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: Check Out How Orderly Lagos Traffic Was In The 60's by ifekon: 4:09pm On Mar 19, 2015
Really... there was a country, Chinua Achebe must be right.
Re: Photo: Check Out How Orderly Lagos Traffic Was In The 60's by malachee: 4:14pm On Mar 19, 2015
kestolove95:
So wat. Went wrong? cry

Re: Photo: Check Out How Orderly Lagos Traffic Was In The 60's by armadeo(m): 4:17pm On Mar 19, 2015
alienvirus:
Today's goats called danfo boys were yet to be born then.

These set if goats are the major problem in Lagos. They take up two lanes in a three lane road picking up passengers causing hold up. The passengers don't care, danfo guy thinks Hes hustling while you curse them.

If dem bash you dem go still open eye. That how I grabbed one under Ikeja bridge and dragged him to police station he didn't believe his eyes. We agreed that he would fix my vehicle before his bus would be released. I went back and told the police to take all the dough only to inform me when he paid. And if they like they should reduce the money its their loss.

Dem collect the 12k complete.

Bastard danfo drivers.
Re: Photo: Check Out How Orderly Lagos Traffic Was In The 60's by armadeo(m): 4:19pm On Mar 19, 2015
shaddi:
I can even see my father driving his range rover at the centre lane so orderly but I wonder where I got my ' one way' mad driving skills from. grin

Survival skills honed over time.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Check Out How Orderly Lagos Traffic Was In The 60's by gabicon: 4:42pm On Mar 19, 2015
Surplus90:
...And men riding bicycles to work with ease. I
can imagine how life was back then.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SeeMeSeeNigeria/media/grid?idx=1&tid=578466176218447872

We drive left handed vehicles how come most of the cars are right handed cars? This picture is most likely not Nigeria
Re: Photo: Check Out How Orderly Lagos Traffic Was In The 60's by thaoriginator: 6:14pm On Mar 19, 2015
This is Buhari's regime. More orderliness, less corruption.
Re: Photo: Check Out How Orderly Lagos Traffic Was In The 60's by creepsyme(f): 6:28pm On Mar 19, 2015
so e don tey wen lagos hold up start?
Re: Photo: Check Out How Orderly Lagos Traffic Was In The 60's by dnawah(m): 7:01pm On Mar 19, 2015
chineke op where u get this pic?see my papa and his beetle,the remain is still in our compound now.grin
Re: Photo: Check Out How Orderly Lagos Traffic Was In The 60's by Neplusultra(f): 7:04pm On Mar 19, 2015
AreaFada2:

That's not entirely true.

It began way before Shagari. At least from Murtala's time that I can remember.

The disorder began during and after the civil war. It shook up the established orderliness we inherited from the colonials.

Certain things are more important than others during wars. With 1973 Middle East War/Udoji award, rise in oil price and money flowing, a new generation of motorists emerged. Many not imbued with the discipline of colonial times nor properly trained to drive.

Murtala came and tried a bit. But his sacking of civil servants trained in colonial times meant new ones recruited later lacked the ethical standards of yore. You could now more easily bribe your way through life. OBJ's time wasn't different. With Shagari, the sigh of relief to see the military go did encourage indiscipline. But not by much. You could go to court if your rights were violated or harshly punished for petty offences.

In Buhari's time, koboko did prevent some disorderliness, but what about places without police/army presence? You cannot koboko a whole nation.

No civilian president came suddenly force orderliness on people. It has to be a painstaking process of enlightening the populace towards a change in values, orientation and a major paradigm shift.

Excellent! !!!
Re: Photo: Check Out How Orderly Lagos Traffic Was In The 60's by okoloikenna(m): 7:29pm On Mar 19, 2015
judiciarypalava:

Its not normal bro. If we do not control our birth rate and population, Nigeria will burst in future.
If we do not punish parents who have more than three kids and could not train them up to OND at least, then the present unemployment rate is just warming up.
Some irresponsible parents will tell you they give birth to so many because they don't know who will be the king.
And l ask, if your were never a prince, can you ever be a king?
God bless Nigeria
Bro population is not the problem of nigeria cos China has a population of billions yet v developed
Re: Photo: Check Out How Orderly Lagos Traffic Was In The 60's by daamazing(m): 9:02pm On Mar 19, 2015
kestolove95:
So wat. Went wrong? cry
production of danfo
Re: Photo: Check Out How Orderly Lagos Traffic Was In The 60's by Moheat(m): 9:15pm On Mar 19, 2015
Surplus90:
...And men riding bicycles to work with ease. I
can imagine how life was back then.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SeeMeSeeNigeria/media/grid?idx=1&tid=578466176218447872

Oh throw back times! The guys on bicycle. ...lol
Re: Photo: Check Out How Orderly Lagos Traffic Was In The 60's by donem: 10:18pm On Mar 19, 2015
very foreign look.
Re: Photo: Check Out How Orderly Lagos Traffic Was In The 60's by Abumadea: 10:46pm On Mar 19, 2015
kestolove95:
So wat. Went wrong? cry
We now av many Agberos and street boys cos people now give birth anyhow without proper wedding.
Re: Photo: Check Out How Orderly Lagos Traffic Was In The 60's by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 19, 2015
this was when Lagosians were civilized, not until the Hausa boys came to deceive them into slavery.
Re: Photo: Check Out How Orderly Lagos Traffic Was In The 60's by thonyfreshman(m): 11:33pm On Mar 19, 2015
Niger stil de drive righthand drive?
Re: Photo: Check Out How Orderly Lagos Traffic Was In The 60's by hiambenson: 6:52am On Mar 20, 2015
kestolove95:
See cars abg...gura-gura grin

Nigga, those gura-gura like you called em are your more expensive than some cars you could get for #1.350m today!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Truck Carrying Onions Had Accident In Koto, Kogi, Many Injured, Dead (Graphic) / Fly Emirates Airlines Commence Flight Operations At New Terminal In Abuja - Pics / Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.