Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,105 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Religion And Critical Reasoning: A Synopsis. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion And Critical Reasoning: A Synopsis. (344 Views)

Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers / The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. / Nigerian Hajj Stampede Victim In Critical Condition At Saudi Hospital [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Religion And Critical Reasoning: A Synopsis. by Mikkie31(m): 10:41pm On Mar 19, 2015
I have searched beyond and ayond for that which ultimately constitutes to the evils of our world today,and during my research I found that religion is to blame for the phenomenon. The sanctimonious quality of those who are deeply rooted in religious doctrines is akin to their hypocritical nature; The vice has over the centuries plagued the philosophical nature of human erudition,marring the aesthetical characteristics of human reasoning. Speaking beyond words that are vague and devoid of meaning, I have incessantly researched(more of an observation) on the behavioural concept of religious piety,of which I have found that ignorance stands to be a phenomenon amongst religious peoples. I do not mean that religion does not have its relevance,of course it helps to regulate the jurisprudence of our native societies,but to what end? I mean that we are surrounded by thousands of religious lore and doctrines,ranging from traditional systems to civilised religious organisations,yet the world still reeks of corruption,societal class,social deformity,moral declination and so on. It surprises me that those who claim to know the way are the ones leading us to darkness,they tell us the way of faith cannot be questioned and we follow dogmatically like blind flies in moonlight. They are planted in religious doctrines yet the way to love and spiritual understanding is left arid in their hearts. To them everything is tied around principles; everything is accredited to sin. They refuse enlightenment from everything other than their stipulated laws,withdrawing into ignorance,and gradually loosing touch of reality.

Extracted from Oladuke Michael Oluwatumininu's RELIGION AND CRITICAL REASONING.

(1) (Reply)

You Are Salt...you Are Light / Spiritual Digest For The Day 22nd Of March 2015 / Islamic State Claims Deadly Syria Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.