Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,793 members, 7,956,029 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:46 PM

Medical Negligence In A Hospital In Lagos. Read This Shocking Story - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Medical Negligence In A Hospital In Lagos. Read This Shocking Story (1062 Views)

Two Bodies Dumped In Front Of A Hospital In Kogi State (Graphic Photo) / How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) / Medical Negligence In Nigerian University Clinics Has To Stop!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Medical Negligence In A Hospital In Lagos. Read This Shocking Story by Jackeeh(m): 9:52am On Mar 20, 2015
Well, it's not really shocking. Worse things have been done by our doctors to their patients. Twitter user @Elijahbalogun12 reports a case of a woman who suffered medical negligence in a hospital along Egbeda-Akowonjo road. Apparently, this woman had a caesarian operation done at the hospital and the doctors forgot a pad inside her. When the woman figured it out, she stormed the hospital and they treated her coldly. Read the tweets below:

Re: Medical Negligence In A Hospital In Lagos. Read This Shocking Story by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 20, 2015
"seems like".
Very vague report.
BTW how did d woman know there was a "pad" inside her?
Re: Medical Negligence In A Hospital In Lagos. Read This Shocking Story by Jackeeh(m): 10:31am On Mar 20, 2015
Justosaus:
"seems like".
Very vague report.
BTW how did d woman know there was a "pad" inside her?

My initial thoughts exactly. But I reasoned she must have done a scan of some sort to arrive at that conclusion. Hmmmmmmm
Re: Medical Negligence In A Hospital In Lagos. Read This Shocking Story by Tightguy(m): 11:38pm On Mar 20, 2015
A pad is usually inserted into a woman's vagina immediately after delivery (whether normal delivery or C/s) to reduce her chances of further bleeding; but it's usually removed a few hours after ; once the woman is confirmed not to be bleeding. So leaving a pad in - situ for 2dayS (as quoted by this account ) is an unhealthy practice on the part of the health practitioners.
However let me put some records straight :
1. The story has it that the woman came from her house after 2days to harass the doctor. ..... Point is : There is hardly any hosp where a woman is discharged from the hospital within 24hrs after a C/s.
2. The woman was shouting and threatening the doctor.......... Point is : After just 2days of C/s , the patient would still be very weak and struggling to barely stand from the bed. She can NEVER have such strength as to shout to the level the writer is trying to make us believe.
So this woman may just have had a difficult normal delivery with episiotomy which was repaired ; & not a cesarean section. So please verify your facts young man before raising alarm next time.

NB : I'm not in any way justifying any doctor's actions or inactions pls.
Re: Medical Negligence In A Hospital In Lagos. Read This Shocking Story by naijafresh: 12:14am On Mar 21, 2015
This came from Linda Ikejis blog, from the comments posted there I can see how ignorant the public are. They don't know the facts but have pronounced judgement. I won't go into the specifics but story doesn't add up, however comments along the lines of
Sack her!
Close the hospital!
Kill her!
Burn the hospital down!
The hospital killed my father, my mother, my whole village!

The list is endless, Nigerian doctors and hospitals are a reflection of society. If the country doesn't work as a whole why should hospitals and doctors be different. Everyone myself included has a story of a relative who died in hospital or was killed by doctors.

The comment that riles me the most, "you're a doctor dealing with human life do you can't make mistakes".
This is ignorance doctors have will and will continue to make mistakes.

The fact they have a human life in their hands doesn't mean they're no longer tired or overworked. Nigerian doctors are overworked, poorly paid and under equipped and these days poorly trained or developed.
This is Nigeria.
Re: Medical Negligence In A Hospital In Lagos. Read This Shocking Story by Obamedo: 12:18am On Mar 21, 2015
Hmm, whatever the cause of the woman's angry outburst and aggressive behaviour the Dr should not have entered into a shouting match with her.

Professionalism and decorum to be maintained at all times.
Re: Medical Negligence In A Hospital In Lagos. Read This Shocking Story by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 21, 2015
You see why I love nairaland, you always get the best judgment of issue whenever they come up. Esp in health section, doctors will always put thr records straight.

First, I know the hospital and I can imagine what must have happened. However, I'm cock sure it's not a CS and leaving a pad "inside"after an episiorrhaphy is not out of place. Instinctively, patient should know she should pull it out.
Doctor sef na human being o. A nurse should even have done the job na.
Re: Medical Negligence In A Hospital In Lagos. Read This Shocking Story by omicron(m): 8:50am On Mar 21, 2015
Bashing doctors is now the in-thing for Nigerians and nairalanders.

You really expect intelligent minds to start discussions based on a heresay too?

Ok. Make una continue
Re: Medical Negligence In A Hospital In Lagos. Read This Shocking Story by kaeycea(m): 10:54am On Mar 21, 2015
omicron:
Bashing doctors is now the in-thing for Nigerians and nairalanders.

You really expect intelligent minds to start discussions based on a heresay too?

Ok. Make una continue

honestly , bashing nigerian doctors is now trendy on social media..but the ultimate goal of this is what I've failed to comprehend

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

TH80 Ultrasound Scanner (table Top) / The Dangers Of Consuming Too Much Protein / Diabetes, Sexual Impotence And You!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.