Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? (16145 Views)

Voice Training Tips By Dear ONE Aka Naija Professional Voice Coach / Do You Need A Professional Voice Coach / Looking For Voice Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by jeffoski(m): 8:09pm On Jan 18, 2009
Nairalanders please i need your help.I need to know where the best Voice training school in Lagos is, i have this huge music job but i need a great voice to pull it off.I can sing but i want to really develop myself and take my vocals to the next level(become a professional) and i need a very good voice training school or a very good voice coach who can help me out The problem is that i don't know where to find one,the onces I have seen don't really know anything about voice training at all and are just time wasters i need someone who is a professional that can really help me.God bless you as you help me out thank you.
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by tolala(m): 8:14pm On Jan 18, 2009
it definately will cost u.so hope u re ready
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by dready(f): 10:09pm On Jan 18, 2009
I need this same thing too sort of sha
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by ajayi1(m): 11:23pm On Jan 18, 2009
dready:

hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by jeffoski(m): 1:21pm On Jan 22, 2009
Na wa o i never knew this was going to be very difficult.I still can't find a voice coach or a voice training school in Lagos please anyone with useful information or have an idea where i can find one should please let me know please i really need it urgently please.God bless you.
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by tolala(m): 7:07pm On Jan 22, 2009
there are loads of ways u can train you voice get a teacher or learn through voice training cds.one very good cd you can get is brett mannings singing sucess.its 12 cds of daily vocal excercises.its left to u, MUSON is a great music school too
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by frijos(m): 4:51pm On Jan 23, 2009
@ poster call 0808-809-7763

the guy is really good.

Cheers!
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by dready(f): 10:33pm On Jan 24, 2009
@ ajayi, wetin na ?
u know me before when u dey say hmmmm.
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by Czarskit(m): 11:44pm On Jan 24, 2009
No need for school or wateva. . .Just buy green tea & Vicks Blue as well as Tom Tom.

Then get 'The Fifth Element" and watch it, try imitating that 'purple' lady. . . In no time, u'll open ur 'singing school',
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by jeffoski(m): 10:29am On Jan 28, 2009
@Frijos
Thank you so much for the Number i will call the person.but please i hope he/she is a very good voice coach.Can you tell me the persons name and a little information about the person.Is this his proffesion?
@ Tolala thank you for you help too but i heard Muson will take time and they like to go classical but i'll check it out myself and see thank you
@Czarskit
you are very funny o.well i will take your advise(just joking)but instead of fifth element(i know wan sing like allien make people run.the action in the movie is already enough) i'll rather watch Dream Girls atleast by the time i tru imitate Jennifer or Beyonce i suppose turn proffessional that is if my vocal no burst before then.
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by jeffoski(m): 10:33am On Jan 28, 2009
sorry for the errors in my last post i didn't check it before pasting it i blow heavy bomb for there abeg make una pardon me thank you
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by frijos(m): 8:51am On Jan 29, 2009
@ jeffoski the guy whose number I dropped is "me!". U know how nlanders are and what they may say if i come out str8. Well good to know u called. Truth of the matter is i'm a professional singer. That's what I do for a living aside my office job. I plan on doing it full time by the start of 2010 and by the grace of God. Meanwhile, I wud like us to hook up and everyone else with similar interest too. We can network to find solutions and help each other achieve their singing goals. Hell, we can even come together to produce the next West African Idol or project fame winner. I'm not suppose to do this but hell, i'll be starting a radio show pretty soon on Cool fm. It's titled "Friday Joseph Sings!" it's just a 15 mins program to start with and I believe as time goes on and with the input from u guys the show will grow to become something big and then I can branch out to bringing it to TV. I'll most definitely fill ya'll in and keep yall posted on how it's going. Now i just can't up and leave just like that, can I? In order to prove my seriousness in making sure everyone out there with the goal to become better singer i'll leave this piece of vital info I extracted from www.vocalist.org.uk

Colds, Flu, Hoarseness and Voice Loss
There have been several questions about what to do when contracting viral infections and the subsequent hoarseness and voice loss so I thought it would be helpful to include a section here for anyone suffering!! I am Not a Doctor or Medical Practitioner and advise professional attention should always be sought, however as a regular sufferer of Flu, Laryngitis, Pneumonia, and Bronchial complaints I can provide a few tips!! Regardless of the infection contracted or even if you experience hoarseness and loss of voice through strain/stress the following should aid in prevention and/or recovery.

Drink plenty of Water.

Avoid Tea, Coffee, Cream & Alcohol before singing as these can have a dehydrating effect.

Take Vitamin C tablets or eat fruits/vegetables rich in Vitamin C to aid your bodies natural defenses. Hot Lemon & Honey or Blackcurrant both contain vitamin C and anti-viral properties and fresh ginger has natural anti-inflammatory properties - grate a little ginger and add it to hot water, sweeten with honey if required.

REST!!

Severe, violent coughing can injure the vocal folds. Cough Syrup and Lozenges can help, Vocalzone are good and reliable sources have informed me that Slippery Elm lozenges and other products are used by some singers to soothe the throat in the US. Triogesic Tablets relieves conjestion, prevents coughing and is available from most Chemists although it should not be taken with any other paracetamol products or decongestants and should be avoided by pregnant or nursing mothers and Dextromethorphan based products also help to suppress coughing although some people may experience dizziness.

Hot Water Steam Inhalation, with or without a few drops of Eucalyptus, Peppermint or other Essential Oil helps to clear the sinuses. Many proprietry brands like Karvol, Olbas Oil and Vicks Vaporub use aromatherapy oils as their main ingredient but you should be careful using these products as menthol can have a drying effect, use sparingly.

Do NOT attempt to Sing and avoid Talking until all medication is finished to allow the inflammation an opportunity to reduce.

On recovery start with some gentle humming for 5-10 minutes at a time and slowly build up to a few vocal exercises in your mid-range gradually expanding the range over several days. The rate of recovery will depend on the severity of illness and how experienced a singer you are. Any recurrance of hoarseness stop and rest the voice for another couple of days.

I realise that this is easier said than done, especially when an important gig is due!! However, weighing the importance of the booking against the potential damage to your vocal health is a must,

Recommended for all singers to lubricate the vocal chords are Vocalzone throat pastille. Recommended for relief of irritations due to excessive speaking, singing (professional, amateur or karaoke) or smoking and aid in soothing dry irritated throats. The website allows direct ordering by credit card.

The National Center for Voice and Speech has an excellent site providing information on Frequently Prescribed Medications and Effects on Voice and Speech with more than 200 of the most frequently prescribed medications in the U.S. listed in alphabetical order with additional information about each medication and any known effect on voice or speech.

I hope this will help and add value to your lives. I can still be reached on 0808-809-7763

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by jeffoski(m): 9:55pm On Feb 01, 2009
@Frijos
First of all i want to say i big thank you for your time today and most of all for everything you told me.It was really helpful.All this while i thought i couldn't sing but i didn't know i could and i already have the quality to become a pro the problem wasn't really my vocals but my self esteem and lack of reharsals.I really learnt alot from you and if i was to pay for that lecture it would have been expensive but thank you for everything and God bless you.

I haven't listen to your cd yet i gave it to a friend to listen so i can get a honest opinion and the guy told me you are really good.I'll keep you posted on how i progress musically and i'll put into practise all that you have taught me.Thank you very much and stay bless.I wish you the best and i pray that God favours you inorder to reach your goals becos you really have great goals that will not only help you but millions out there musically.Stay Bless
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by frijos(m): 8:18am On Feb 02, 2009
God bless you too and pls do keep me posted on how u r improving because until u've improved and achieved your goal I haven't achieved mine.

One more thing, I hope you've purchased the book I told you "Awaken The Giant Within" by Anthony Robins. If U haven't pls endeavour to do so.

Cheers!
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by peterl: 11:31am On Feb 02, 2009
The online application for Selection into the Nigerian Army through :
The Short Service Combatant Commission(SSC) and The Direct Short Service Commission(DSSC) has commenced.

All candidates for either scheme must possess a basic qualification of A Bachelor’s Degree, HND or equivalent in any discipline.

How to apply
1. Log on to www.nigerianarmyms.org
2. Select the programme of your choice
3. Click on the application button and complete the steps

Remember
Payment can be made online with an ATM card or by the Purchase of a Virtual PIN from any branch of Oceanic Bank or branches of other Banks nationwide.

For more details
Log on to www.nigerianarmyms.org or call 07026936166 and 07092426991
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 02, 2009
@ POster

$1,000 will do.

call me +080 555555 555566 666545
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by moi2(f): 10:56am On Feb 10, 2009
@Jeffoski
Try and contact Ben Ogbeiwi of the Project Fame West Africa Project or Gogo Majin, I dont have thier contact phone no. I would have helped you with it; MUSON centre should be of help in contacting them though.
All the best!
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by ajayi1(m): 2:46pm On Feb 10, 2009
dready:

@ ajayi, wetin na ?
u know me before when u dey say hmmmm.

No try to deny me, You don set former music school aside? OR the guy no good?
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by voicetrain: 7:56am On Aug 02, 2011
visit www.voicetraining101..com its so easy to achieve right in your room now just check it out.
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by VoiceCoach(f): 4:02pm On Dec 09, 2011
Hello singers, there's a voice training/ artiste grooming scholarship worth N200,000 on www.leevocalstudios..com. You can call 08132918691 if you want to book a private voice training class with an experienced and professional vocal coach or buy voice training resources.
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by goldtunes: 9:46pm On Dec 16, 2011
check tgroopzmusic call 07044650780 for more info.Best wishes. wink[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by goldtunes: 9:54pm On Dec 16, 2011
call Tgroopzmusic Ajah for more info.Fees range from #10,000 to 20,000 per month . Best wishes. wink[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by DearONE4All(m): 12:06pm On Oct 21, 2015
If you want a professional Voice Coach call this no now, 081 5553 1668 (what's app) or bbm 29809D9B

Dear ONE aka Naija Professional Voice Coach.

1 Share

Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by Tgroopz: 6:34am On Aug 30, 2016
Gold Anuli... 08039343524, 07044650780.
Reviewed and widely patronized (for both personal voice training).

Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by elijah6370: 11:09pm On Dec 22, 2016
I NID A GVD VOCAL COACH THAT CAN TRAIN ME ND MY GROUP CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by therockz(m): 9:17am On Jul 15, 2017
where do u live... I could coach u...m through with ma exams n I gat time
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by gab19: 10:36am On Jul 15, 2017
jeffoski:
Nairalanders please i need your help.I need to know where the best Voice training school in Lagos is, i have this huge music job but i need a great voice to pull it off.I can sing but i want to really develop myself and take my vocals to the next level(become a professional) and i need a very good voice training school or a very good voice coach who can help me out The problem is that i don't know where to find one,the onces I have seen don't really know anything about voice training at all and are just time wasters i need someone who is a professional that can really help me.God bless you as you help me out thank you.
call this number 08139490620 or come to our office at ijaye
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by gab19: 10:37am On Jul 15, 2017
dready:
call this number 08139490620 or come to our office at ijaye
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by Tgroopz: 9:20pm On Nov 05, 2017
We have worked with voice students, choirs and various groups. To improve your pitch and tone, learn professional vocal techniques and grow your singing voice. Register with us. Reviews and testimonials are available on Instagram @goldanulivoicecoach. Contact us tgroopzmusic@yahoo.com to book an appointment with
our renowned one-stop pro voice coach Gold Añuli.

Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by Tgroopz: 9:21pm On Nov 05, 2017
cool
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Voice Coach (Voice Training School) In Lagos? by Tgroopz: 7:24pm On Nov 19, 2019
Singbeta voice training studios has the best voice coaches in Nigeria. Studio classes and home lessons for singers within Lagos. While Online classes are available for those outside Lagos. Call 07044650780

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please I Need These Old Songs Urgently ! / Wizkid Versus Olamide - Who Is Better? / The Dbanj Brand - Dead Or Alive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.