Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,114 members, 7,957,158 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:15 AM

Any Cure For Myoclonic Seizure For A 17 Year Old Girl? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Any Cure For Myoclonic Seizure For A 17 Year Old Girl? (1309 Views)

Help! My Daughter Has Myoclonic Seizure For 18 Years Now. / Epileptic Girl Falls Inside Boiling Oil While Having Seizure (Graphic Photos) / What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Cure For Myoclonic Seizure For A 17 Year Old Girl? by imagrg(m): 10:18am On Mar 21, 2015
My daughter who is 17 has been having myoclonic seizure since she was 4 months old. She has been on 400 mg twice a day carbamazepine tabs. Any permanent cure for myoclonic seizure?
Re: Any Cure For Myoclonic Seizure For A 17 Year Old Girl? by Arsenella007(f): 10:41am On Mar 21, 2015
Cc:leopantro
Re: Any Cure For Myoclonic Seizure For A 17 Year Old Girl? by renshawolami(m): 10:57am On Mar 21, 2015
madam have u tried miracle food cures from d bible,some of these things are not in ur region again,it might cost u a bit, 09021585733.
Re: Any Cure For Myoclonic Seizure For A 17 Year Old Girl? by Leopantro: 11:09am On Mar 21, 2015
total cure, not so sure. if adequate control is achieved for at least 2 years with the drugs, she could eventually be seizure free. however, she will need to be followed up by a pediatric neurologist for a very long time; even up to adolescence.
a lot of people well come up with various medications and things for you to use; please exercise caution. what works for one individual May not work for her. be especially careful of GNLD, tasly and green line drugs. with effective follow-up she may never experience the stigmata.
May patience and resilience be yours
Re: Any Cure For Myoclonic Seizure For A 17 Year Old Girl? by imagrg(m): 1:43pm On Mar 22, 2015
imagrg:
My daughter who is 17 has been having myoclonic seizure since she was 4 months old. She has been on 400 mg twice a day carbamazepine tabs. Any permanent cure for myoclonic seizure?
Re: Any Cure For Myoclonic Seizure For A 17 Year Old Girl? by imagrg(m): 2:00pm On Mar 22, 2015
renshawolami:
madam have u tried miracle food cures from d bible,some of these things are not in ur region again,it might cost u a bit, 09021585733.
Thanks for your concern. But please can you explain further? She is 17 now.
Re: Any Cure For Myoclonic Seizure For A 17 Year Old Girl? by imagrg(m): 2:03pm On Mar 22, 2015
Arsenella007:
Cc:leopantro
Please explain further.
Re: Any Cure For Myoclonic Seizure For A 17 Year Old Girl? by imagrg(m): 12:00pm On Mar 23, 2015
imagrg:
Re: Any Cure For Myoclonic Seizure For A 17 Year Old Girl? by Leopantro: 3:43pm On Mar 23, 2015
sorry for the delay. some of those "natural remedies" contain substances that can precipitate seizures, even in normal individuals.
Re: Any Cure For Myoclonic Seizure For A 17 Year Old Girl? by oxypress: 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2015
Seizure disorders and hbot:

Information on how hyperbaric oxygen therapy ( hbot ) can help patients with seizure disorders are available on the web. Just type: hbot for seizure disorders ( and thank us later ).

But for successful treatment there must be dedication and commitment.

Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (hbot ) has been used effectively to manage seizure disorders even when the causes are not known.

HBOT may also be added to other therapies.

HBOT PROVIDERS
oxybreeze@yahoo.com
Ph: 08033409039
Re: Any Cure For Myoclonic Seizure For A 17 Year Old Girl? by renshawolami(m): 10:46am On Mar 24, 2015
what am sayin his there are some things she will start to use miracle foods and she will heal completely.when next you will go for a check up her doctor would be amazed.this things are not in nigeria,but u can find them.you have google and myself.i want u to read a book that will make you agree with what am sayin,but its exclusive for u only,i sell that book title but i will give u free.after reading you can search for something and get result"but if u nid me i will be here.snd me a msg and i will send u d book title.its a must read
Re: Any Cure For Myoclonic Seizure For A 17 Year Old Girl? by imagrg(m): 3:57pm On Mar 24, 2015
imagrg:
Please help out,Nairalanders
Re: Any Cure For Myoclonic Seizure For A 17 Year Old Girl? by imagrg(m): 10:07pm On Mar 26, 2015
imagrg:
Please help out,Nairalanders
Re: Any Cure For Myoclonic Seizure For A 17 Year Old Girl? by adozie(m): 6:36pm On Mar 29, 2015
Madam, I am a consultant Neurologist in the US. Please disregard all the remedies that people are proposing for you. It will only make her condition worse.
Unfortunately Carbamazepine is not a good choice of anti epileptic medication for myoclonus seizures. A better choice will be Valproic acid or even better, Lamotrogine.
Myoclonus seizure is a primary epilepsy syndrome and am afraid there might not be a permenent cure. She needs good seizure control and she can live a normal healthy life if her seizures are well controlled.
If you need further help, I will be glad to provide you with more information.

Best of luck with her
Re: Any Cure For Myoclonic Seizure For A 17 Year Old Girl? by imagrg(m): 2:35pm On Mar 30, 2015
adozie:
Madam, I am a consultant Neurologist in the US. Please disregard all the remedies that people are proposing for you. It will only make her condition worse.
Unfortunately Carbamazepine is not a good choice of anti epileptic medication for myoclonus seizures. A better choice will be Valproic acid or even better, Lamotrogine.
Myoclonus seizure is a primary epilepsy syndrome and am afraid there might not be a permenent cure. She needs good seizure control and she can live a normal healthy life if her seizures are well controlled.
If you need further help, I will be glad to provide you with more information.

Best of luck with her
Thanks for your concern. But please how are these drugs administered on a 17 year old girl?

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Mexican Schoolboy, With Huge Tumour On His Neck Saved By Surgery / Signs You Are Pregnant / 7 Common Causes of Infertility in Women Trying to Conceive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.