Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,609 members, 7,827,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

How Do I Apply For International Passport? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do I Apply For International Passport? (4065 Views)

How Do I Apply For Philippines Visa / Immigration To Hike Price For International Passport / Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Apply For International Passport? by ipain: 2:46pm On Mar 21, 2015
Hello friends,

Please I am based in Benin city. How can I obtain an international passport and what is the cost of getting one done was well as how long does it take to get one done?

What are also needed from me, as in information.

I will like to get one done next week

Thanks
Re: How Do I Apply For International Passport? by lomprico(m): 3:33pm On Mar 21, 2015
ipain:
Hello friends,

Please I am based in Benin city. How can I obtain an international passport and what is the cost of getting one done was well as how long does it take to get one done?

Thanks
Look for immigration office there in benin and go make ur enquiries there. Rattlesnake u bad gan! cheesycheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Apply For International Passport? by yokiti: 3:53pm On Mar 21, 2015
ipain:
Hello friends,

Thanks

For those without E-pasport before
1. Get your local government of state of origin identification letter (though you can use the former Machine Readable Passport MRP in lieu of this if the 8io-data that is on it is not changing).
2. Age declaration or Birth certificate
3. Marriage certificate or marriage declaration (for female applicants only) in some cases, you might need to provide newpaper publication of change of name.
3. Make photocopies of the valid international passport or your friend or relative together with his/ her national Identification card or driver's license (this person will stand as your guarantor)
4. 2 passport photographs or 4-6 because of age and marriage declaration.
5. Though officially its 15,000 (if you are lucky to do it before they re- introduce the #2000 address verification fee that Abba Moro the Minister for interior introduce mid August 2014 but was removed mid January 2015 because then, it wasnt approved by the appropriate authority) for ages 18- 59 and 8750 for ages 0- 17 and 60 and above (minus the bank charges as well as charges of the downloaders) you will pay between #25,000 - 27,000 to those that will process it for you (Nigeria thing)
For those with E-passport applying for re-issue
1. Your expiring or expired passport and 2 passport photographs is the only thing needed.
Visit the nearest Nigerian Immigration service passport office close to you. ( Those of Borno, Yobe and one/ two other North Eastern states are not in operation for now becuase of the fast ending menace of Boko Haram).
All other things being equal, you will get it the following day provided you didnt do the capturing on a Friday.
Good luck!
Re: How Do I Apply For International Passport? by Meemconnect: 8:57pm On Mar 21, 2015
Hello Bros! Do I need only two passports photograph and the expired one for my passport renewal. I stay in Ibadan.
Re: How Do I Apply For International Passport? by ipain: 11:38am On Mar 22, 2015
Justwise thanks for cleaning the thread.
Re: How Do I Apply For International Passport? by yokiti: 7:39am On Mar 24, 2015
Meemconnect:
Hello Bros! Do I need only two passports photograph and the expired one for my passport renewal. I stay in Ibadan.
Yes, you only need 2 passport photo and the expiring/ expired E-passport. The re-issue will be done there provided the passport is not damaged and you are not changing any of your bio-data.
Oyo state command is aroound Agodi area. Of Ibadan.
Now, the address verification fee of #2000 has been added to it yesterday (Monday 23 March).

(1) (Reply)

13 Richest Countries In The World (with Pictures) / Things U Must Know B4 Coming 2 Sa 2016 Version / When You Go Clubbing: What Puts You Off?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.