Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:24 PM

Please I Need ICT Career Advice - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please I Need ICT Career Advice (1102 Views)

The Myth Behind ICT Career Skills In Nigeria – Jethro Theo Paul / Career Advice On How To Proceed With IT Career Urgently Needed!!!!!! / Career Advice For Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need ICT Career Advice by SageOfSixPaths: 3:05pm On Mar 21, 2015
Re: Please I Need ICT Career Advice by Nature129(m): 4:02pm On Mar 21, 2015
SageOfSixPaths:
I want to pursue a career in ICT, but I need advice on which course to go for that is lucrative and I can build a career with. I also a good centre to enrol in.. I need professional advice please

P.S I just graduated from Med school (not Mbbs) but I have a passion for ICT and I have good knowledge of the computer and a few softwares..

You can start with web programming. That's very hot at the moment and it also doesn't always dwell on years of experience like others. When you've secured an IT job, you can go into MS server Or Cisco networking and write a certification exam. Nigerians are so conscious of certificates, so you can also go into oracle and do their exam. The best starting point should be web programming because their jobs always depending on someone proving themselves or showing a previous project you designed, later you can develop more interest in other areas and pursue it. Bro, IT is vast!
Re: Please I Need ICT Career Advice by SageOfSixPaths: 9:13pm On Mar 21, 2015
Nature129:

You can start with web programming. That's very hot at the moment and it also doesn't always dwell on years of experience like others. When you've secured an IT job, you can go into MS server Or Cisco networking and write a certification exam. Nigerians are so conscious of certificates, so you can also go into oracle and do their exam. The best starting point should be web programming because their jobs always depending on someone proving themselves or showing a previous project you designed, later you can develop more interest in other areas and pursue it. Bro, IT is vast!

Which programs are involved for Web programming?
Re: Please I Need ICT Career Advice by Nature129(m): 9:30pm On Mar 21, 2015
SageOfSixPaths:

Which programs are involved for Web programming?

HTML, PHP, WYSIWYG, CSS. They are taught in a period of time as one package. After the training, you'll be good at web devt and you can even design, host and run your own blog or website OR you can decide to work for coys
Re: Please I Need ICT Career Advice by luvluvluv: 6:49am On Mar 22, 2015
Nature129:

HTML, PHP, WYSIWYG, CSS. They are taught in a period of time as one package. After the training, you'll be good at web devt and you can even design, host and run your own blog or website OR you can decide to work for coys

Wow, dis is interesting... been wondering how 2 actually start mine. although I have a very tyt work schedule but I rili want 2 go into ICT full tym.
After that program, wat should be next?
Re: Please I Need ICT Career Advice by Nature129(m): 12:34pm On Mar 22, 2015
luvluvluv:

Wow, dis is interesting... been wondering how 2 actually start mine. although I have a very tyt work schedule but I rili want 2 go into ICT full tym.
After that program, wat should be next?

Read my previous message before the last one. It answered this question.

Thanks
Re: Please I Need ICT Career Advice by luvluvluv: 2:30pm On Mar 22, 2015
Nature129:

Read my previous message before the last one. It answered this question.

Thanks

Oh I c it now...tnx alot

(1) (Reply)

Master's In Engineering / OPINION PLS: Part Time Lecturing Job Vs Full Time Banking Offer? / Why The Age Discrimination By Nigerian Employers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.