Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

What Time Makes You Foreget/remember - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Time Makes You Foreget/remember (531 Views)

Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? / Ladies Do You Remember This Doll? / Do You Remember This Lamp? Share Your Experiences Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Time Makes You Foreget/remember by quiet006storm: 9:27pm On Mar 21, 2015
What time made you appreciate.
Eko my Lagos! This ever bustling city where some people don’t sleep. I’ve been to different parts of this city from its heart on the Island, another extreme called Folu (Ibeju-Lekki Local Government) to various places on the mainland. It’s wonderful to know some people don’t wink during the night and I’m not talking about security men but about people who don’t work at night. Some people just want to club or go for a vigil or just want to earn a living. Cheers to all!
Lagos has taught me something. You can be alive (I mean breathing) and forget to live. Some people are too busy (I call them the busy-bees) running around in this rat-race all to make money to please the people that matter to them only for the busy-bees to notice and exclaim later saying “hey! Where are those I’m working for?” and they in turn reply “sorry, we’re done waiting for you to come to us. We barely see you because you’re always working. Work is the only thing that matters to you!” Busy-bee will get angry and then decide to use all that been gathered on less important things. Don’t wait for this to happen to you. Selah!
Now to the meat in this soup. Last year, my friend Emeka lost his mum and it was a hard time for him. He was travelling to different states all for her good health before she died. I decided to imagine myself in his shoes and the first two paragraphs dawned on me. Lately, a woman on my street died. We used to call her Grandma. While she was alive, she used to beg around for food. During the burial, food was too much. I realised people don’t appreciate those who are alive most times until it is too late. I wrote this poem for him and also decided to dedicate it to those who have lost that special woman. The third reason behind this poem is for it to serve as a wakeup call for those who have their loved ones around them. Cherish them before time and death makes you appreciate what you had.

]My Precious Rose.
My precious rose
A beauty to behold
My dazzling jewel
Your worth has no competition
Even diamonds pale before you
You’re clearer to me than a crystal
You outshine every precious stone
That’s simply who you are
Oh my lovely mother!

to finish this poem, read it up on my blog: bolanlesnuptialtales..com or you can just click on this link.
bolanlesnuptialtales..com/2015/03/normal-0-false-false-false-en-us-x-none_20.html?spref=tw

(1) (Reply)

Korede Bello Don Jazzy Perfoms At Ay Live Show / Couple Married For 75 Years Dies Hours Apart / September Birthday Celebrants- Lets Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.