Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

How To Make A Home-made Detox Drink - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Make A Home-made Detox Drink (4056 Views)

Aloe Power Detox Drink / Buchu Power Detox Drink Now On Promo / Body Cleansing Buchu Power Detox Drink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make A Home-made Detox Drink by patkalchi: 9:41pm On Mar 21, 2015
Hey guys, ever tried out a home made detox drink? This is what I am drinking right now to detox and de-bloat so that I will look my best tomorrow. You should try it too…it’s refreshing, yummy, and easy to prepare!

Here’s how I prepare my Natural Belly Slimming Detox Water:

1-2 Liters water
1 cucumber
1 lemon
1 orange
10-15 fresh mint leaves
handful of ice

Why this combo?

1. Cucumber: contains citrulline which is an amino acid that has been shown to help our liver and kidneys get rid of ammonia which is a by product of the proteins our bodies burn for energy.

2. Water: helps flush toxins and waste through our system while keeping us hydrated.

3. Lemon: stimulates the digestive track so it’s helpful if you have constipation, heartburn, or gas.

4. Mint: helps you digest effectively because it improves the flow of bile from the liver to the gallbladder to the small intestine to break down dietary fats. It also helps relax cramped up stomach muscles.

5. Orange: contains flavonoids in the peel and juice that stimulate the immune system and protects against a fungi/pests while helping to reduce cholesterol levels.

By the way, when I say detox, I’m still eating! Clean and light so I can feel energetic and look awake tomorrow! I’m avoiding anything too salty because that will retain water and make me look puffy. You can prepare the water the night before so that when you wake up, it will be flavorful. I also don’t leave the fruits in the water for longer than 24 hrs. By that time all the nutrients will be in the water anyway. PLUS you want to prevent any sort of bacteria or mold growth.

Hope you guys give it a try. And you can drink this all the time.

This drink makes water drinking a lot more tasty.....

To get more info on weight loss tips and supplements, LIKE US on facebook: Xcess Fat Must Go

Have a restful evening!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make A Home-made Detox Drink by diceman1: 10:17pm On Mar 21, 2015
You still haven't told us how to prepare it. angry
Re: How To Make A Home-made Detox Drink by patkalchi: 10:37pm On Mar 21, 2015
Get a glass or plastic jar or jug filled half way with water. Wash the fruits and cut them into small pieces. You do not need to peel their skin off.
Put the fruits into the jar and cover tight with a lid.

To make a 2 litre drink, you need about 2 each of the fruits and about 4 pieces of mint leaves.

Soak them up a night before and drink them first thing the next morning....

See the picture below

1 Like

Re: How To Make A Home-made Detox Drink by patkalchi: 10:40pm On Mar 21, 2015
You can also have some in a plastic bottle that you can carry around to enjoy the detox drink all day long
Re: How To Make A Home-made Detox Drink by diceman1: 5:52pm On Mar 23, 2015
patkalchi:
You can also have some in a plastic bottle that you can carry around to enjoy the detox drink all day long

Thanks. Will surely give this a try.
Re: How To Make A Home-made Detox Drink by emilygold(f): 2:15pm On Mar 25, 2015
Please what is mint leaf and where can one get mint leaf in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Declare State Of Emergency On Drug Abuse, Oke-odumakin Tells Govt / Cure Ulcer With Unripe Plantain And Tiger Nut / Stephanie Mcmahon Chest/breast Transformation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.