Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,907 members, 7,824,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Meet Mrs. Olayinka Adeyemo – The Pregnant Tricycle (keke) Rider - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Meet Mrs. Olayinka Adeyemo – The Pregnant Tricycle (keke) Rider (31681 Views)

Mrs Charity Aiyedogbon Is Missing (photo) / PHOTO: Mrs Charity Aiyedogbon Is Missing / Woman Delivers Baby Boy In Tricycle [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Mrs. Olayinka Adeyemo – The Pregnant Tricycle (keke) Rider by Kingsasian(m): 10:10am On Mar 22, 2015
Royver:

serious! shocked
na albino he see
Re: Meet Mrs. Olayinka Adeyemo – The Pregnant Tricycle (keke) Rider by MizTyna(f): 10:20am On Mar 22, 2015
I was in her tricycle lastweek,got in from Fola agoro to UNILAG gate,i was really surprised

2 Likes

Re: Meet Mrs. Olayinka Adeyemo – The Pregnant Tricycle (keke) Rider by Missmossy(f): 10:38am On Mar 22, 2015
shocked Thumbs up to her. It aint easy even with her pregnancy. God should elevate her asap grin I do pity her.

1 Like

Re: Meet Mrs. Olayinka Adeyemo – The Pregnant Tricycle (keke) Rider by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 22, 2015
Royver:
The first time you meet Mrs. Olayinka Adeyemo in her tricycle (keke), what quickly runs through your mind is, how does this woman cope in a business exclusively reserved for men by society?

If you live in Lagos, you will understand why the wonder because a typical Lagos tricycle or keke rider is rough, uncouth and ever-ready to break all traffic rules and even ram into your care with no qualms.

They don’t give a damn about pedestrians because they’re even willing to run on pedestrian walks or even knock down a pedestrian without the blink of an eye.

But here is a woman roughing it out amongst these men Lagos residents love to hate but can’t do anything about because they provide essential transportation services, and of course filling the yawning holes dug by government’s inability to provide working and efficient transportation services for the people.

For me, it’s okay finding a woman in a business supposedly reserved for the boys with muscles and brawn. After all, women are gradually standing their own. But what caught me mouth agape is that Mrs. Adeyemo is heavily pregnant. Can you beat that?

Please madam, how did you get into this keke (tricycle) business?

“My brother, I’m a graduate, but rather than stay idle coupled with the responsibility of taking care of my young family, a friend of mine encouraged me to take-up this business. First, I got this tricycle through a hire-purchase arrangement from this friend, but now it’s mine because I’m done with paying up the cost of the tricycle.”

How does it feel operating in a man’s world? I don’t feel any different. I’m working and the men are working too. The difference is that I get more considerations from bus-stop touts who milk us of our earnings because I’m a woman, and when they see my protruding tummy, they just let me be.

And your condition? “I’m only pregnant. I’m not sick. Yes, I’m often tired, but this work is all I have to contribute to my family economy and meet my personal needs”. And your husband? “He‘s been very supportive and my children and family members know this is what I do for a living and they respect me for that”.

Are making a lot of money? “I wouldn’t say a lot of money, but it’s better than staying idle, and waiting for my husband to do everything for me.”

Well, the next time you see Mrs. Adeyemo; it could be with her baby strapped to her back or at a corner of the motor-park breastfeeding her baby. What that means is that in today’s world, all the barriers have been broken. And women have no excuse.
(culled from Women in the shadows)

this makes me feel very wierd . . .
Re: Meet Mrs. Olayinka Adeyemo – The Pregnant Tricycle (keke) Rider by todayguest(m): 12:50pm On Mar 22, 2015
"I'm only pregnant, I'm not sick" Mrs Olayinka Adeyemo. Very strong willed woman.
Re: Meet Mrs. Olayinka Adeyemo – The Pregnant Tricycle (keke) Rider by Nickymezor(f): 1:23pm On Mar 22, 2015
Oh, great!... she really has guts , hw nice smiley....may Oluwa bless her keke biz
Re: Meet Mrs. Olayinka Adeyemo – The Pregnant Tricycle (keke) Rider by Speakdatruth: 2:49pm On Mar 22, 2015
mimicious:
Dis is a real woman!! Not those girls claiming sick and asking guys to send dem recharge card as if recharge card is pain reliever undecided
wit dat mind gurl, u got a gud start at life
Re: Meet Mrs. Olayinka Adeyemo – The Pregnant Tricycle (keke) Rider by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 22, 2015
love those words too !

todayguest:
"I'm only pregnant, I'm not sick" Mrs Olayinka Adeyemo. Very strong willed woman.
Re: Meet Mrs. Olayinka Adeyemo – The Pregnant Tricycle (keke) Rider by Ifystic(f): 4:05pm On Mar 22, 2015
Wow. This says a lot.
Re: Meet Mrs. Olayinka Adeyemo – The Pregnant Tricycle (keke) Rider by mizzyboy007: 8:23pm On Mar 22, 2015
Aare2050:
Nigeria my country
Where a woman riding tricycle become a news
Where pragnant woman are not expected to work
Where you call every driver touts
Where graduates become okada rider
Where people relate everthing to politics
Where common sence is very expencive
Where too much freedom of speech is abused
Where normal man report mad man online
Where citizens are demo-crazy
Where dull people use smart phones
Where mod bring nonsence post to FP
Where graduates learn barbing/mechanic
Where everybody wants. To travel oversea
Where you are free to add yours
Where you are free to share
Where u are free to like
Where you are free to register your june/july neco at a reputable centre. Call me on d line on my signature.
#Gudnite9ja
where people cant spell 'EXPENSIVE'...lol.... nice one bro.

1 Like

Re: Meet Mrs. Olayinka Adeyemo – The Pregnant Tricycle (keke) Rider by Bowaley17(m): 11:53pm On Mar 22, 2015
Come to Isawo road,ikorodu. Dem dey plenty for there...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trending Video Of Nigerian Dad Being Made Up By His Daughters / Why Do Men Take Advantage Of Advanced Single Ladies? / My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.