Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Islam Was a Christian Sect - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam Was a Christian Sect (511 Views)

Allah Vs Atheism: ‘leaving Islam Was The Hardest Thing I’ve Done’ Amal Farah / The Prophet (Beirut, Lebanon, 1983 Revisited) / My Article "Why I Left Islam" Was Deleted Because It Is Unsafe To Say The Truth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam Was a Christian Sect by Rossikk(m): 9:14pm On Mar 22, 2015
.... until the high Middle Ages.

Quote:

Daniel Boyarin proposes that nascent Christianity and Judaism in late antiquity were intensely and complexly intertwined. The theological split of Judaism and Christianity was complete with the development of the Athanasian Creed during the 4th century and its widespread adoption as Christian orthodoxy by the 6th century. The radical monotheism of Islam (tawhid) as formulated in the 7th century is a reaction to the preceding centuries of Christological debate. The Qur'an makes this explicit by commenting on Christian doctrine, as in 'And they (Christians) say: Allāh has begotten a son (children or offspring). Glory be to Him (Exalted be He above all that they associate with Him). Nay, to Him belongs all that is in the heavens and on earth, and all surrender with obedience (in worship) to Him'.—Qur'an, sura 2:116 For this reason, early Islam was long considered one of many Christological heresies in medieval Christianity, for example by John of Damascus (born c. 676) in his Fount of Wisdom. It was only with the Crusades of the High Middle Ages that Islam came to be considered a separate religion.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/09/islam-a-jewish-christian-sect-part-i

(Culled)

1 Like

Re: Islam Was a Christian Sect by DAIL(m): 9:19pm On Mar 22, 2015
I feel nairaland has relationship with bokoharam, isis and al-Qaida grin grin
Re: Islam Was a Christian Sect by resty4(m): 10:00pm On Mar 22, 2015
Yes islam is d brain work of a catholic monk a cousin of mohad's 1st wife, khadijah.

1 Like

Re: Islam Was a Christian Sect by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 22, 2015
nah... lie!

(1) (Reply)

The Angels Of God Are Going To Supervise This Election. / A Broken Arrow / Will There Still Be Hell Fire If The Devil Beg For Forgiveness.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.