Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,306 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Man Cleared Of Murder After 39 YEARS In Jail Gets Just $2M Payment - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Cleared Of Murder After 39 YEARS In Jail Gets Just $2M Payment (510 Views)

Two Teenagers Arrested For Murder After Posting Facebook Live Video ' / Benue Artist Wrongly Charged For Murder After Trying To Get His Phone From A Pol / Angola President Criticized For Paying $2m To See Nicki Minaj’s Ass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Cleared Of Murder After 39 YEARS In Jail Gets Just $2M Payment by Eberex(m): 8:43am On Mar 23, 2015
Man cleared of murder after 39 YEARS in jail gets just $2M payment – despite being longest-serving wrongfully convicted prisoner.[size=15pt]

An Ohio man who spent nearly 40 years behind bars for a murder he did not commit will receive $2million from the state as compensation for his wrongful imprisonment.

Ricky Jackson, 59, and his friends Ronnie and Wiley Bridgeman were sentenced to death in 1975 for the murder of a businessman after a 12-year-old boy said he saw them commit the crime.

Chai !!! 39 good years? And the State is just giving a paltry $2Million for wasting a young boy's youthful years in prison? How does that make up for the lost dreams, time, energy and resources? I feel there are more cases like this and people are wasting for nothing.

I was in Ikoyi Prison yesterday with my group members to give food and material items as part of the Lenten season. During the visit some of my group members met some friends they knew and that led to them narrating how they ended up in there.

One of the inmate story goes thus: ''I was coming from watching one of the champion's league matches in the night when the SSS stopped me and arrested me. I have been here for 3 months now''.

Another said ''I packed my car to drop a friend off, when the police rounded me up, telling me i'm not suppose to park my car there'', this is my forth week here''.

I got to see one particular guy who was dresses differently from the rest. Fortunately one of the group members recognized him too. He is said to be in the A ward. Air-conditioned room. nice cozy cell. Heard he controls outside event even in the prison. I guess he is a don at ikoyi prison.

That was my first time visiting a prison by the way, and i understood the meaning of FREEDOM.

Re: Man Cleared Of Murder After 39 YEARS In Jail Gets Just $2M Payment by delishpot: 9:07am On Mar 23, 2015
Cheiiii! Wetin person want talk now? Thank God he wasnt killed sha. I hooe he can move on with his life o.

(1) (Reply)

INCREDIBLE: Fish Rain Over Streets In Thailand / What Can Say In This Kind Of Situation / Photo: How Boko Haram Burnt His Family Alive, Says Survivor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.