Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,563 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Is The Black Race Cursed In The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Black Race Cursed In The Bible? (5420 Views)

How Jesus Cursed In The Bible / Whatsoever Is Contending With Your Peace Is Cursed In The Name Of Jesus Christ. / Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka In Subsidy Removal(he Cursed Jonathan) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Black Race Cursed In The Bible? by origina9ja(f): 3:42pm On Jan 19, 2009
Biblically, the black race descended from Ham, the second son of Noah, after they survived the flood (Genesis 9-10). The descendants of Ham were Cush, Mizraim, Put and Canaan (Gen 10:6). Contrary to misleading exegesis, it was Canaan only that was cursed (Genesis 9:5), Canaan, not Ham; neither was any of the three other sons.

Canaan descendants later included the Jebusites, Amorites, Girgashitess, Hivites, the Avites etc, people groups who were later to be subjects and enemies of the Israelites, children of Abraham (Genesis 15:18 – 21, Exodus 3:8, Deuteronomy 7:1, Joshua 24:11 etc).

i want to understand this black race thingg properly
because i still don't know what is wrong with being black nothing do me ooo black and proud
anways give your point and pls back it up with bible verse

thanks, x
Re: Is The Black Race Cursed In The Bible? by morpheus24: 4:35pm On Jan 19, 2009
origina9ja:

Biblically, the black race descended from Ham, the second son of Noah, after they survived the flood (Genesis 9-10). The descendants of Ham were Cush, Mizraim, Put and Canaan (Gen 10:6). Contrary to misleading exegesis, it was Canaan only that was cursed (Genesis 9:5), Canaan, not Ham; neither was any of the three other sons.

Canaan descendants later included the Jebusites, Amorites, Girgashitess, Hivites, the Avites etc, people groups who were later to be subjects and enemies of the Israelites, children of Abraham (Genesis 15:18 – 21, Exodus 3:8, Deuteronomy 7:1, Joshua 24:11 etc).

because i still don't know what is wrong with being black nothing do me ooo black and proud

thanks, x

You should be wondering how in just six thousand years of bible history we have such a diverse group of people in African as well as outside of it that are so called Descendants of Ham.
Re: Is The Black Race Cursed In The Bible? by rotimy(m): 4:50pm On Jan 19, 2009
The blacks are blessed just like any other race!
Re: Is The Black Race Cursed In The Bible? by drrionelli(m): 7:52pm On Jan 19, 2009
I must admit that I'm not a scholar of the Bible, but this is an interesting thread. Please continue the discussion.
Re: Is The Black Race Cursed In The Bible? by bindex(m): 8:15pm On Jan 19, 2009
Canaan seems to be reference to 'Canaanites', most likely propaganda for the time, the Israeli tribes were once at war with the Canaanites

http://history-world.org/canaanite_culture_and_religion.htm

But they're not the only parts of propaganda, a lot of the pagan hate is propaganda against those they've fought. (Canaanites were pretty much pagans) the tower of Babel is one, which appears to be a mockery of the concept of Ziggurats (which amusingly the same concept is used by churches - the idea of building tall to be closer to 'God' or the 'Gods') Babel is a reference to Babylon and the character Nimrod, is well, a reference to Nimrod, both Mesopotamian cities, The Israelis fought them too. Same with the Assyrians, which are noted as the bad guys in the story of Jonah. The Devil is even a mockery of their pagan foes - pagan gods were normally half man, half animal, the devil is composed of part man, part goat (much like a Faun).
Re: Is The Black Race Cursed In The Bible? by ow11(m): 10:19pm On Jan 19, 2009
@OP

NO! The black race isn't cursed. There is no mention or insinuation of races in the bible. Just some bloody white propaganda to justify their supremacy movement lipsrsealed
Re: Is The Black Race Cursed In The Bible? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 19, 2009
morpheus24:

You should be wondering how in just six thousand years of bible history we have such a diverse group of people in African as well as outside of it that are so called Descendants of Ham.

did you do permutation in school?
because from my calculation, we shud be more than we are right now
Re: Is The Black Race Cursed In The Bible? by origina9ja(f): 10:28am On Jan 20, 2009
thanks ya'll
Re: Is The Black Race Cursed In The Bible? by Ben13: 10:43am On Jan 20, 2009
ow11:

@OP

NO! The black race isn't cursed. There is no mention or insinuation of races in the bible. Just some bloody white propaganda to justify their supremacy movement lipsrsealed

This I beleive
Re: Is The Black Race Cursed In The Bible? by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 20, 2009
origina9ja:

thanks, x

The day you stop looking in the bible for black history is the day you'll stop asking ridiculous questions like this. That's the same bible they used to justify the enslavenment of your people.
Re: Is The Black Race Cursed In The Bible? by Ben13: 11:09am On Jan 20, 2009
abi?
Re: Is The Black Race Cursed In The Bible? by origina9ja(f): 4:03pm On Feb 03, 2009
the reason why i said this is because
i want to know where their source comes from
by the way i dont search in the bible for black histroy
okay??
Re: Is The Black Race Cursed In The Bible? by JJYOU: 4:12pm On Feb 03, 2009
i dont think so however most have symptoms or should i say behave like cursed people
Re: Is The Black Race Cursed In The Bible? by origina9ja(f): 10:07am On Feb 04, 2009
lol
true say

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Is God Almighty......question Me / He Used Al-qur'an Paper To Smoke Cigarettes / Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.