Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,381 members, 7,958,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:14 AM

Whats your best part Of Nigerian Weddings? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Whats your best part Of Nigerian Weddings? (1223 Views)

18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime / List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. / Economical Nigerian Weddings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats your best part Of Nigerian Weddings? by onila(f): 1:59pm On Mar 23, 2015
for me
its the cooking part

my grandmother used to invite all her elderly friends and family members from the village to the city
like 25 of them
to come and cook

I just love how the women like and act excited, grateful and happy while cooking
to them, its a big deal to come all the way from village to come and cook

they all make sure, the food comes out well

2 bad, my grandmother passed away 2 weeks before her 70th birthday 4 years ago cry
love you grand mma

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2239251_trr_jpegd79f15f08097cab69d775096d36b1199
Re: Whats your best part Of Nigerian Weddings? by prevail23(m): 2:07pm On Mar 23, 2015
onila:
for me
its the cooking part

my grandmother used to invite all her elderly friends and family members from the village to the city
like 25 of them
to come and cook

I just love how the women like and act excited, grateful and happy while cooking
to them, its a big deal to come all the way from village to come and cook

they all make sure, the food comes out well

2 bad, my grandmother passed away 2 weeks before her 70th birthday 4 years ago cry
love you grand mma

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2239251_trr_jpegd79f15f08097cab69d775096d36b1199
I love her too sad
Re: Whats your best part Of Nigerian Weddings? by onila(f): 2:22pm On Mar 23, 2015
Re: Whats your best part Of Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 23, 2015
prevail23:
I love her too sad
grin
Re: Whats your best part Of Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 23, 2015
I miss her too cry cry
Re: Whats your best part Of Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 23, 2015
the abundance of food and also the huge crowd consisting of friend and acquintances u last saw a long time ago.
Re: Whats your best part Of Nigerian Weddings? by prevail23(m): 3:31pm On Mar 23, 2015
firstEVA:
I miss her too cry cry
see ur small head ;p
Re: Whats your best part Of Nigerian Weddings? by nichole2(f): 3:58pm On Mar 23, 2015
For me its de dancing part in the wedding cheesy wen u get to see different type of craze moves shocked grin grin

1 Like

Re: Whats your best part Of Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 23, 2015
nichole2:
For me its de dancing part in the wedding cheesy wen u get to see different type of craze moves shocked grin grin

Me too
I go to parties for the music and nothing more
I don't care about the jollof rice,fried chicken or mineral water.
Once the DJ is good,the party is good IMHO
Re: Whats your best part Of Nigerian Weddings? by somegirl1: 5:14pm On Mar 23, 2015
Getting to dress nice and getting to meet and sit with relatives or friends commenting on/ gossiping about happenings and/ or people at the wedding.
Re: Whats your best part Of Nigerian Weddings? by simdam500(m): 6:36pm On Mar 23, 2015
Speaking of weddings.... I like the "groom carry your bride" part kiss

Yes when the bride has more weight than the groom cheesy
Re: Whats your best part Of Nigerian Weddings? by nichole2(f): 12:10pm On Mar 24, 2015
babyosisi:

Me too
I go to parties for the music and nothing more
I don't care about the jollof rice,fried chicken or mineral water.
Once the adj is good,the party is good IMHO
hahahha yes dear grin grin
Re: Whats your best part Of Nigerian Weddings? by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 12:22pm On Mar 24, 2015
simdam500:
Speaking of weddings.... I like the "groom carry your bride" part kiss

Yes when the bride has more weight than the groom cheesy
funy.i like the dancing
Re: Whats your best part Of Nigerian Weddings? by onila(f): 12:11am On Mar 26, 2015
Re: Whats your best part Of Nigerian Weddings? by onila(f): 11:31am On Mar 27, 2015
Re: Whats your best part Of Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 27, 2015
Families still cook by themselves in this century during big ceremonies like this? What about giving the job to a caterer?!! undecided

Well my best part is watching the couples feed themselves, kiss, and carrying the bride. You know all those romantic part..I just don't know why tongue
Re: Whats your best part Of Nigerian Weddings? by 1960chic(f): 10:12pm On Mar 27, 2015
booqee:
Families still cook by themselves in this century during big ceremonies like this? What about giving the job to a caterer?!! undecided

Well my best part is watching the couples feed themselves, kiss, and carrying the bride. You know all those romantic part..I just don't know why tongue

It is because u're 'Alice in Wonderland'

1 Like

Re: Whats your best part Of Nigerian Weddings? by 1960chic(f): 10:14pm On Mar 27, 2015
Ehen! For me, it's the plenty of food to eat and the attires
Re: Whats your best part Of Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 27, 2015
Item 7.
Refreshment time.

Unless am actually related to the couple or care about them, I just impatiently wait through the programme of events till when they serve food.
Re: Whats your best part Of Nigerian Weddings? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:26am On Mar 28, 2015
fellis:
Item 7.
Refreshment time.

Unless am actually related to the couple or care about them, I just impatiently wait through the programme of events till when they serve food.

Lmfaooo
Re: Whats your best part Of Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 04, 2015
Re: Whats your best part Of Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 04, 2015
The part i love most is when food finishes and ppl start displaying their characters.grin grin
I also love to watching d free beer drinkers who after consuming a whole crate begin to displaygrin
Re: Whats your best part Of Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 04, 2015
I hope onila is still alive cry

(1) (Reply)

Dein Of Agbor: Garlands For An Extraordinary Monarch @36 / Happy Thanksgiving Greetings Messages 2015 / How Did The Sentinelese Tribe Survive The Biblical Flood & Ice Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.