Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) (30370 Views)

Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands / Lol. Nokia China Phones Now Having Iphone Design (see Photos) / The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by driand(m): 11:05pm On Mar 24, 2015
XBLadez:
You will need extra battery. China phones usually get hot like fever and that drains the power quickly. U have to keep a spare battery just in case, and that's bullshit
all Android do dat except it's not under heavy usage, have u tested the tecno h6?
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by driand(m): 11:08pm On Mar 24, 2015
CashdownNG:
Yes… That Chinadroid that seems so sleek and cheap might not just be the best for you.

We all have seen the advent of china phones coming in deluges to our Nigerian market. Well, cheap is always welcomed here as the economy makes people to adapt to get the last kobo value for any product purchased. However, unless you are buying for a short-term period(3-6 months), then you might need to review your policy on chinadroids.

Here are a couple of reasons to reconsider china phones:

SPARE PARTS:

Unfortunately, we are not privy to be close to china as neigbours, most times when a phone’s priced less than $80-100 then you got to ask, what’s the catch? most likely, the parts would be of the level you paid for, not only that, getting their replacements can be a huge pain that you can avoid by going for more recognized brands.

Durability:

Just as the above, they don’t just last especially for hardcore users.. a friend’s Infinix Zero is close to Zero now (Burial arrangements made) and all these claims to have a gorilla glass and all..Wait a minute, Gorilla glass on a $100 phone? erm…i really don’t think so. With the scarcity of specific parts to help you like i said earlier, when a fault develops you most likely think the selling path.

RESALE VALUE:

The Big one of three.. From my findings about reselling these gadgets either to users or people at computer village, alaba or any tech resell joint China phones and tablets come last. I reiterate: A Big LAST. We get cases whereby a phone for about N15,000 would be getting lowball offers of N7,000 at best.That’s for the best and cleanest ones compared to other goods that would be getting N10,000 and around, every second with your phone costs more than the amount you would have supposedly saved.

So all in all, don’t go with that idea that the phone your getting is a bargain, wait a bit and get reactions from other users, then perhaps measure it with what you want. From personal experience, it’s a lot more painful the stress and headaches than the extra dough cough out for your gadget at the end of the day.

culled from www.cashdown.com.ng/word-on-the-street-blog
but I can't help but wonder why it's your problem wat I do with my money.!
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by jimmayoy: 11:46pm On Mar 24, 2015
zenith4biz:
'Hidden facts' copy and paste no good............. Repent before it's too late

Anyway
Are you advising me to get Samsung Galaxy 6 or IPhone
The price of each phone would get me a piece of land in Ogun State
Remember the value of land appreciate while phone depreciates
A plot of land in 2015 @ #160k
Samsung Galaxy 6 in 2015 150+
IPhone 6 2015 170k
In 2025
The plot of land would be #5m
Samsung Galaxy 6 #8000
IPhone 6 #10000
Think and spend wisely
Remember vote for GEJ

Well said dude,but just that you need to remove that vote for GEJ and replace it with GMB,the real change grin grin grin
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by kingphilip(m): 8:37am On Mar 25, 2015
XBLadez:

I'm using Q5 now, and it lasts up to 8 hours if I use it consistently with all the application running.
I'll like to let u know my phone's battery beats that
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by Akasha(f): 8:41am On Mar 25, 2015
DrPhilABd:
You are wise and very Sincere... Thumbs Up for speaking the truth jhur.
Thanks
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by XBLadez: 11:37am On Mar 25, 2015
kingphilip:
I'll like to let u know my phone's battery beats that
You don't understand. I mean I can use it continuously for 8 hours. Ordinarily it can last for 3 days without use
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by kingphilip(m): 11:57am On Mar 25, 2015
XBLadez:

You don't understand. I mean I can use it continuously for 8 hours. Ordinarily it can last for 3 days without use
same thing am saying here

I'm always online round the clock and it lasts me more than that
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 26, 2015
This is an interesting topic, when you are saying china phones and original Phones the difference is not much if you are not familiar with androids OS you can hardly tell the difference. Itel, tecno, xtouch, gionee others products the only difference between them is that those of samsung, lg, htc, sony their chips set is higher and it compact with most HD and 3D party. But wait before we fight our self china android and the so called original they are all running linux kernel, no matter the apk files that run on S5 or S6 can still run on the china ones pls take time to ask ur self is't the product that is bad or the brand of the phone? The difference of them is that those one we called original are better in terms of graphic and HD acceleration. I have clone S4 and original S4 the difference is that the real one are just clear in video, graphic and run HD games well.
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by spymybox: 10:33pm On Mar 26, 2015
I have heard alot of people talk down on phone phones, today we X-ray top 5 china brands that are recognise worldwide and stand a chance to com-petite with any brands in the word

Note most of the critic of china phone goes for the sub standard

view https://www.nairaland.com/2219333/advantage-buying-china-phone-top
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by CashdownNG: 6:10am On Mar 28, 2015
driand:
but I can't help but wonder why it's your problem wat I do with my money.!

didn't recall talking about you. .hmmm. it's an article for discussion not all these deranged noise all these kids are making...
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by DrPhilABd: 8:45am On Apr 03, 2015
Akasha:
Thanks
You re welcome girlie
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by Acebrain28(m): 6:40pm On Sep 28, 2019
The screen for a Samsung S3 is N16,000.
That can buy a good Tecno Android.
Wow!
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by meshachdbuzz(m): 7:47pm On Sep 28, 2019
Kylez:
They are also used to spy on you by the Chinese government lipsrsealed
What do u have that they want to spy from in shot Nigeria don't have anything that dey wanna spy from..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do I Block An Incoming Call On Nokia Touchlight/mtn Line / Please Recommend A Good Phone Between 60k - 70k Naira? / How To Upgrade Infinix Hot Note To Lollipop 5.1 [hot Thread]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.