Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Pls, Answer My Php Questions - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pls, Answer My Php Questions (1297 Views)

Webmasters Enter Here If You Can Solve These PHP Questions... / How Do I Upgrade My Php Version From 5.2.3 To 5.2.4 Or Higher / Noobs Php Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls, Answer My Php Questions by Afam4eva(m): 4:59pm On Jan 19, 2009
Pls i;m a newbie in PHP, and i was wondering if you guys could help me out with answers to my questions.
I'll really appreciate Y-A-W-A-T-I-D-E, DHTML, Omnipotense or anybody to help out.
Re: Pls, Answer My Php Questions by Afam4eva(m): 5:03pm On Jan 19, 2009
I know how to send an email and also how to program a form in such a way that it sends the user's input to another page. But my question is, is it possible to create a script that send the user's input to my email and also takes the user to another page where the user will meet another form apart from the one the user filled previously.
Re: Pls, Answer My Php Questions by yawatide(f): 5:34pm On Jan 19, 2009
Y not post the question(s)?

I mean, if it is within my control, I will answer. If on the other hand, you want code on how to obtain the head of john the baptist, you will be OYO and SOL on that one tongue
Re: Pls, Answer My Php Questions by Afam4eva(m): 5:38pm On Jan 19, 2009
Can't you see the question? It's in the second post.
Re: Pls, Answer My Php Questions by yawatide(f): 6:20pm On Jan 19, 2009
Oops! Sorry.

Yes, you can do both. What I would probably do is instead of posting back to "self", in the action atrribute, you put the name of say, "page2.php". Then on that page, first thing you do, assuming all the fields validate (where necessary), you send mail using the mail() fxn, to your email address, then proceed to gathering information for page 2.

Make sense?
Re: Pls, Answer My Php Questions by Afam4eva(m): 6:31pm On Jan 19, 2009
After sending the first form, i want it to bring up another form.
Re: Pls, Answer My Php Questions by yawatide(f): 6:42pm On Jan 19, 2009
sure.

your first form on page one wd look like so:
<form name="input" action="html_form_submit.php" method="get">

note watz in the "action" attribute. On the html_form_submit.php page, you then present another form.

To capture fields from page 1, you use hidden fields or if u want, session vars.

Make sense? If not, let's take it offline and talk mroe via YIM
Re: Pls, Answer My Php Questions by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 19, 2009
Guess yawa has already answered the question,
Re: Pls, Answer My Php Questions by OmniPotens(m): 7:07pm On Jan 19, 2009
This same kinda issue again? Well, not too bad. I've given away the same script to someone. I think newbies should get busy learning from the tutorials and getting members on PIMs to solve these solutions faster.
Re: Pls, Answer My Php Questions by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 20, 2009
I think the problem wit most newbies is that - they prefer to copy and paste - no problem (i learnt that way too) - but there was an additional step i take - i will make sure i analyze the code thoroughly and be able to write it or even something better. In the early days when i could not write javascript - i will download from dynamic drive - browse through all the codes and make sure i understand how to use it, and it shows today or i would not hav changed my name to DHTML.

But after u can code properly, u can copy and paste to save urself time - no probs - at least u can manipulate the code without much stress.
Re: Pls, Answer My Php Questions by OmniPotens(m): 8:14pm On Jan 20, 2009
That equals working smarter and not harder this time around.

// na yawa start this level matter ooo grin
Re: Pls, Answer My Php Questions by yawatide(f): 9:55pm On Jan 20, 2009
Yep,

I firmly believe in never re-inventing the wheel. Having said that, as dhtml rightly said (and in fact, I am doing it as we speak), always analyze the underlying code and change things out, for fun, so you have a better understanding.

what's the worse that could happen? You totally mess up the code. Then again, you can always re-download it from source.

Good luck!
Re: Pls, Answer My Php Questions by OmniPotens(m): 2:33am On Jan 21, 2009
Tell them ooo and teach them ooo!

Needless killing yourself all the time. I'm so tight these days and don't have much time to write scripts. I make a search, download and customize then integrate. But I don't really advice newbies to start on this. It will make them lazier and not wanting to learn to write their scripts.
Re: Pls, Answer My Php Questions by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 21, 2009
Newbies need to learn first from the scratch to at least try to understand the codes they copy and paste. Many ppl will download a code to do a particular task - because they are unable to make some slight changes, they will start lookin for another code in the same category that can do the same thing.
The problem is that if u cannot customize - u will end up using too many unnecessary codes - and wat will take u 10 lines may now take 50 lines!
And wat is more - ur site may start havin problems such as speed, and may not be able to open properly in all major browsers,

Some weeks ago, someone was braggin about his site being done with XHTML, i just for the fun of it decided to validate the site, and found that it has over 50 errors - by the time i even opened the source code - i found out the home page was not even HTML valid - not to talk of XHTML! Though from the looks of the site - the developer was a pro - but obviously cut corners and maybe skipped some basic HTML classes or how do u explain declaration of HTML, HEAD and BODY tags about 5 times in a document and u are still sayin ur site is XHTML, plus there was no single XHTML valid tag on the site!
Re: Pls, Answer My Php Questions by yawatide(f): 3:36pm On Jan 21, 2009
How can you call yourself a pro when you lack the basics of being one - maturity and patience? Without these, you can not impart knowledge to the young ones coming up in an efficient way.

A pro is someone who has been in the game for a long time, constantly stays up to date and practices what I call "disciplined coding". A pro is someone who will take extra time to get it done right the first time, rather than cut corners in the name of expedience.
Re: Pls, Answer My Php Questions by teemy(m): 9:28pm On Jan 22, 2009
I just recently uploaded a script that can solve most email type form issues. Check it here www.lowcostdigitalproducts.com/emailmarketing.html.
Re: Pls, Answer My Php Questions by yawatide(f): 9:44pm On Jan 22, 2009
teemy,

I was just about to blast you for not having a "read me" file when I saw it in the zip  cool

You might want to consider modifying this line of the read me file:
<form method="post" action="yourdomain, /, /mmex.php">

For those who copy and paste, they might end of confused.  I would rather you write:
<form method="post" action="www.yourdomaingoeshere.com/path to form file (including directory)/mmex.php">

or something like that.  Then you could even give an example like so:
<form method="post" action="www.yourdomaingoeshere.com/contact-us/mmex.php">

Also, looking at the FORM tag, I see no javascript call for front end validation. Validating on the front end first goes a long way in reducing server load and not having frustrated users, especially those with slow connections.

But as they say, that's just me  grin

1 Like

Re: Pls, Answer My Php Questions by teemy(m): 3:03am On Jan 23, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

teemy,

I was just about to blast you for not having a "read me" file when I saw it in the zip  cool

I guess my next post will be to send a link to a video I will be making to show those who might 'be confused' how to do it from scratch. Anyway sha I believe it is simple enough but to avoid 'YAWA' I will be doing that when I have time. Ciao
Re: Pls, Answer My Php Questions by Nobody: 6:48am On Jan 23, 2009
Yes please do that - it is very important - i totally agree 200% - to avoid 'YAWA'
Re: Pls, Answer My Php Questions by teemy(m): 7:02pm On Jan 15, 2012
If there is anyone still following this thread let me know so I can post an easy to use script
Re: Pls, Answer My Php Questions by Thatdave(m): 10:01pm On Jan 15, 2012
Anything PHP people go just full every where. Many thanks to Rasmus leedorf.

(1) (Reply)

..... / New Facebook Comment Box on ur Mobile phone / Get Free .com, .net Domains With Just A Minimum Of 9 Referrals!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.