Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,379 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Unblocking T- Mobile Samusung Galaxy S5 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Unblocking T- Mobile Samusung Galaxy S5 (1620 Views)

Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price / Unblocking Mtn Modem / Help- Unlock Code For T-mobile Galaxy S4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unblocking T- Mobile Samusung Galaxy S5 by trendphemmy(m): 3:47pm On Mar 24, 2015
nairalanders pls come to my help. I bought a samsung s5 and it isn't working with nigeria sim and dey said it has to be unblocked. how do I unblock it.

pls just say something. pls help me
Re: Unblocking T- Mobile Samusung Galaxy S5 by dudubody: 7:41am On Mar 25, 2015
Maybe it's a stolen phone.
Re: Unblocking T- Mobile Samusung Galaxy S5 by femside: 8:06am On Mar 25, 2015
trendphemmy:
nairalanders pls come to my help. I bought a samsung s5 and it isn't working with nigeria sim and dey said it has to be unblocked. how do I unblock it.

bro I can help u unlock it are u in lagos? contact me on 08023272214 or whatapp
Re: Unblocking T- Mobile Samusung Galaxy S5 by trendphemmy(m): 8:21am On Mar 25, 2015
femside:
AM not in lagos. am in owerri
Re: Unblocking T- Mobile Samusung Galaxy S5 by trendphemmy(m): 8:32am On Mar 25, 2015
femside:
am in owerri
Re: Unblocking T- Mobile Samusung Galaxy S5 by trendphemmy(m): 8:46am On Mar 25, 2015
dudubody:
Maybe it's a stolen phone.
I heard dere is a way to kno if it is stolen or not. so if stolen den it shouldn't be unlocked
Re: Unblocking T- Mobile Samusung Galaxy S5 by busky101(m): 2:26pm On Mar 25, 2015
trendphemmy:

i had similar issues with my t.mobile note 2, i unlocked it myself.. Luckily am in owerri too. Pm me asap
Re: Unblocking T- Mobile Samusung Galaxy S5 by Baroba(m): 4:30am On Mar 26, 2015
trendphemmy:

Unlocking or unblocking which one? Network operators usually request manufacturers to lock phones assigned to them so as to tie their customers into long contracts and also get them to pay for some of their services, thats why you see verizon, at &t, Orange, T mobile, O2 e.t.c plastered on phones plus uneccessary bloat wares that come with them.. ( That's where rooting comes in grin)

..Unlocking is pretty easy to do, just find a mobile technician with software to generate codes using imei or head to eBay and buy the code.. (I.e if you have a PayPal account). The easiest and safest way and you don't have to move an inch...

Unblocking is a different ball game, it probably means the phone was reported stolen and has been blocked across all networks in a particular country, this usually applies in western countries where it is used to deter people from stealing tablets and phones.

Most times, an unblocked phone will work outside the country it was registered (I.e if it is unlocked). A lot of tech shops will not even attempt, unless you meet rogue ones, Attempting to "unblock" a phone that's is blocked/ barred in UK where I live, will get the police knocking on your door..its considered a criminal offence..

If the phone is requesting for a code when you insert you sim, then it means you just have to unlock not unblock.. I seriously doubt your phone is blocked, am not sure mobile networks in Naija block phones using imei as of yet, I stand corrected on this...

You can use checkmend to find out the status of the phone but it will cost you like $3... If you are really curious..
http://www.checkmend.com/us/
Re: Unblocking T- Mobile Samusung Galaxy S5 by trendphemmy(m): 4:52am On Mar 26, 2015
Baroba:

Unlocking or unblocking which one? Network operators usually lock their phones so as to tie you into contracts and also get you to pay for some of their services, thats why you see verizon, at &t, Orange plastered on phones plus uneccessary bloat wares..Unlocking is pretty easy to do, just find a mobile technician with software to generate codes using imei or head to eBay and buy the code.. (I.e if you have a PayPal account). The easiest and safest way..

Unblocking is a different ball game, it probably means the phone was reported stolen and has been blocked across all networks in a particular country, this usually applies in western countries where it is used to deter people from stealing tablets and phones.

Most times, an unblocked phone will work outside the country it was registered (I.e if it is unlocked). A lot of tech shops will not even attempt, unless you meet rogue ones, Attempting to "unblock" a phone that's is blocked/ barred in UK where I live, will get the police knocking on your door..its considered a criminal offence..

If the phone is requesting for a code when you insert you sim, then it means you just have to unlock not unblock.. I seriously doubt your phone is blocked, am not sure mobile networks in Naija block phones using imei as of yet, I stand corrected on this...

You can use checkmend to find out the status of the phone but it will cost you like $3... If you are really curious..
http://www.checkmend.com/us/

it is unlock not unblock. I am so grateful for this piece. it has helped me a lot, God bless u immensely my brother.
Re: Unblocking T- Mobile Samusung Galaxy S5 by Baroba(m): 4:58am On Mar 26, 2015
trendphemmy:

it is unlock not unblock. I am so grateful for this piece. it has helped me a lot, God bless u immensely my brother.

My pleasure, that's what we are all here for..

(1) (Reply)

Nokia D1C Is Coming With Android 7.0 And 3GB RAM / Samsung Note 3 Explodes In His Pocket, Catches Fire While On Top Bike (photos) / DATA ZAPPING By Ntwrks These Days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.