Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Write About Your Sweet Sorrow Experience. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Write About Your Sweet Sorrow Experience. (748 Views)

Ezinne Ukoha: "I Don’t Write About Racism Because I Hate White People" / "Sweet Pain" / 3mjaj Sweet Sorrow! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Write About Your Sweet Sorrow Experience. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 24, 2015
It was an afternoon filled wth tension and emotions. Mind wandering and thoughts inconsistent as I replay the possbilities of what might be happening at the hospital.
Flickering images of blood and of pain filled my mind. I could only imagine the boisterous nurse running helter skelter trying to save this soul. Trying to make sure the doctor had all the contraption he needs... I could only imagine.

Dusk was approaching and I still hadnt heard any news. I did what I had tried to avoid all along. The unavoidable need for me to call and find out if everything was fine. So I did.
I picked my phone and dialled my mum to find out about the situation.
She said: "Call me back, we are busy"... "Dont worry, I will get back to you" she said again. I knew what was happening.

That not so confident voice when you know someones life is at stake was what I heard. My perception didnt fail me. I got to know later on that the very second I had called was when the surgery room was opening her doors to the next soul who has to fight to release itself from the latching tooth.

I waited... I didnt force it. I ended the call and moved on. I was hoping for the best but I never erazed the possibility of the worst. Life can be cruel sometimes.

When I resumed work that same morning, I had explained my situation expressly to my boss and he had suggested I went home.
I stood back at work so that I can stay away from the hospital. I get very emotional when I do.
It was his decision to let me go before closing time. He actually forced me too and thats the reason why im able to have accurate information about whats going on in the hospital.

So at exaclty 8PM I heard she had given birth to a bouncing baby girl. It was an epic period... We could also say a relief from the experience.

And on Friday my fatther died {Next day}.

I was experiencing the joy of birth on Thurs and then something terrible happened. I give God all the glory.

Sweet-sorrow... A rare experience. Life and Death held together by strings. Death and life just few hours away from one another. Thats what sweet-sorrow is. A rare expereince.
Re: Write About Your Sweet Sorrow Experience. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
I didnt even remember I wrote this.
I remember this day.
Re: Write About Your Sweet Sorrow Experience. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
Waiting...

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Authors We Love... / The brave lion / The Real Bad Guyz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.