Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Mums And Dads Which Baby Will You Prefer Active And Smart Or Choppy And Big? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mums And Dads Which Baby Will You Prefer Active And Smart Or Choppy And Big? (731 Views)

Sexually Active Nigerians Should Take HPV Vaccine- Expert Warns / The New Mum - First Time Mums And Experienced Mums / 2-do List For Pregnant Women. Expectant Moms And Dads-say "Cheese"? ;) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mums And Dads Which Baby Will You Prefer Active And Smart Or Choppy And Big? by morrygreat: 2:54pm On Mar 25, 2015
Just wondering at my little boy he will soon be 5months, but look so small compare to his mate, he's active infact he can sit very well and even trying to move. Then is it any food or drug I can be given him to make him a bit robust?
Re: Mums And Dads Which Baby Will You Prefer Active And Smart Or Choppy And Big? by Fabdedon(m): 3:00pm On Mar 25, 2015
Madam, the topic doest correspond with the post

1 Like

Re: Mums And Dads Which Baby Will You Prefer Active And Smart Or Choppy And Big? by goodmorning40: 3:14pm On Mar 25, 2015
Carry ur topic along
Re: Mums And Dads Which Baby Will You Prefer Active And Smart Or Choppy And Big? by naijafresh: 3:20pm On Mar 25, 2015
Choppy? Do you mean chubby?
Re: Mums And Dads Which Baby Will You Prefer Active And Smart Or Choppy And Big? by morrygreat: 3:46pm On Mar 25, 2015
Fat
Re: Mums And Dads Which Baby Will You Prefer Active And Smart Or Choppy And Big? by morrygreat: 3:47pm On Mar 25, 2015
goodmorning40:
Carry ur topic along

Na fight?
Re: Mums And Dads Which Baby Will You Prefer Active And Smart Or Choppy And Big? by morrygreat: 3:48pm On Mar 25, 2015
Fabdedon:
Madam, the topic doest correspond with the post

Really? Pls try and read it carefully
Re: Mums And Dads Which Baby Will You Prefer Active And Smart Or Choppy And Big? by naijafresh: 4:06pm On Mar 25, 2015
Hmm.. be careful, he doesn't necessarily need 'drugs', you should avoid unnecessary medication in a developing child as some are actually harmful.
He should be allowed to grow at his own individual pace. Why would you want to give him drugs just to make him grow like he's an Easter chicken? grin

By the way, has he had all his developmental milestone checks?
Is he up to date with his vaccinations?
Are you or his father small? If his parents are small he should not be expected to be 'big'.
Was he a premature baby?
Does he eat healthily?
Has he had long periods of ill health? this can also affect his growth

If you are really worried he should be assessed by a paediatrician who will weigh him, measure his height and compare him on a centile growth chart to see how he compares with his peers.

You can see from the many questions i have asked that he needs a proper assessment if you are indeed worried he is small for his age.
Bear in mind no two babies are the same
Re: Mums And Dads Which Baby Will You Prefer Active And Smart Or Choppy And Big? by morrygreat: 4:13pm On Mar 25, 2015
naijafresh:
Hmm.. be careful, he doesn't necessarily need 'drugs', you should avoid unnecessary medication in a developing child as some are actually harmful.
He should be allowed to grow at his own individual pace. Why would you want to give him drugs just to make him grow like he's an Easter chicken? grin

By the way, has he had all his developmental milestone checks?
Is he up to date with his vaccinations?
Are you or his father small? If his parents are small he should not be expected to be 'big'.
Was he a premature baby?
Does he eat healthily?
Has he had long periods of ill health? this can also affect his growth

If you are really worried he should be assessed by a paediatrician who will weigh him, measure his height and compare him on a centile growth chart to see how he compares with his peers.

Thanks so much, both of us are big, he's vaccinations are up tilldate, not premature, not sick, but he has been on Formula since 2weeks old due to my insufficient milk production.

You can see from the many questions i have asked that he needs a proper assessment if you are indeed worried he is small for his age.
Bear in mind no two babies are the same
Re: Mums And Dads Which Baby Will You Prefer Active And Smart Or Choppy And Big? by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 8:32pm On Mar 26, 2015
I am not yet a daddy but i would most definitely prefer an active and smart baby even if he has a small size. I am not cut out for chubby and inactive babies that only eat,sleep and poo.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Am I Too Skinny Or Is My Weight Ideal / The Height Of Robbery On Obalende Bridge / What Are The Benefits Of Sleeping Naked?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.