Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,168 members, 7,821,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Public API For Nigerian Newspapers - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Public API For Nigerian Newspapers (4720 Views)

Is There A Way I Can Get The Dummy API For Our Local Nigeria Flights? / Please I Need Sdk/api For Secugen Hamster Model: HSDUO3P / Let Discuss About Web Api For Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Public API For Nigerian Newspapers by uchdollar111: 4:03pm On Mar 25, 2015
I'm writing code for a newspaper app, and i'm almost done with the app,so I'm asking, is there a public online API for Nigerian newspapers that is auto updated with news articles without you having to do the updating yourself?
Re: Public API For Nigerian Newspapers by thewebcraft(m): 1:06pm On Mar 26, 2015
uchdollar111:
I'm writing code for a newspaper app, and i'm almost done with the app,so I'm asking, is there a public online API for Nigerian newspapers that is auto updated with news articles without you having to do the updating yourself?
I could help you with one which am also using for the app I'm building
Re: Public API For Nigerian Newspapers by olamie1906: 1:18pm On Oct 19, 2015
thewebcraft:

Kindly help me too if u have the API. thanks
Re: Public API For Nigerian Newspapers by nnamdiosu(m): 6:47am On Oct 20, 2015
thewebcraft:
I'm also in the need Pls how can I get it from u? thanks
Re: Public API For Nigerian Newspapers by sirediamond: 11:45am On Jun 15, 2017
pls i also need the api
Re: Public API For Nigerian Newspapers by jboy01(m): 6:02pm On Jun 15, 2017
i need it too
Re: Public API For Nigerian Newspapers by kudaisi(m): 10:11am On Jun 16, 2017
Try ATOM/RSS feeds. Most news website (all serious ones) have RSS at the littlest, virtually all CMSs support RSS. Simply adding rss to the end of most domains will give you access to their feeds (e.g http://sunnewsonline.com/feed/, http://punchng.com/feed/, lindaikejisblog.com/feeds/posts/default).

Some website's feeds are hierarchical, bigger news companies like CNN break their feeds further down to categories (e.g World
Africa,Americas,Asia,Europe,Middle East,U.S,Money,Technology.....)

On a personal level, I don't even visit most of my routine websites individually on a daily basis except I want to review comments on a particular topic (some websites even make comment feeds available) I just load them all up into some rss reader, hence more flexibility and less time hoping from one page to another. Lastly, there are many rss libraries out there and it is relatively simple to even build your own. I hope this helps.
Re: Public API For Nigerian Newspapers by abdulwahabO: 7:40pm On Jun 16, 2017
kudaisi:
Try ATOM/RSS feeds. Most news website (all serious ones) have RSS at the littlest, virtually all CMSs support RSS. Simply adding rss to the end of most domains will give you access to their feeds (e.g http://sunnewsonline.com/feed/, http://punchng.com/feed/, lindaikejisblog.com/feeds/posts/default).

Some website's feeds are hierarchical, bigger news companies like CNN break their feeds further down to categories (e.g World
Africa,Americas,Asia,Europe,Middle East,U.S,Money,Technology.....)

On a personal level, I don't even visit most of my routine websites individually on a daily basis except I want to review comments on a particular topic (some websites even make comment feeds available) I just load them all up into some rss reader, hence more flexibility and less time hoping from one page to another. Lastly, there are many rss libraries out there and it is relatively simple to even build your own. I hope this helps.

Spoken my mind. I should also add that some orgs like the New York Times, have strict policies regarding use of their feeds , so read carefully. for the UK Guardian simply attach 'rss' to the URL of any index page and you have access to it, e.g to access the the feed for the technology section, the URL would be theguardian.com/uk/technology/rss

You could build an API back end that aggregates these feeds, and makes them available to your app. Many libraries exist for parsing RSS/Atom , and make the work easier.
Re: Public API For Nigerian Newspapers by talk2hb1(m): 10:01am On Jun 17, 2017
Good
Re: Public API For Nigerian Newspapers by Echatbook: 5:29am On Jun 18, 2017
Just finished working on an api now for all popular newspapers, just trying to perfect it will be sharing the link soon
Re: Public API For Nigerian Newspapers by Echatbook: 10:24am On Jun 22, 2017
Re: Public API For Nigerian Newspapers by olamil34(m): 11:52pm On Aug 26, 2017
just crawl those websites and download there content and parse it with python rest api
Re: Public API For Nigerian Newspapers by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 04, 2019
olamil34:
just crawl those websites and download there content and parse it with python rest api

Too static, and if the web markup changes, it will mess up everything, an API is the best and simpliest option.

(1) (Reply)

We Will Develop An Outstanding Mlm Website At Cheapest Price Ever!!! / C++ or Delphi / Hire Me To Build A PHP Script For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.