Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,928 members, 7,817,719 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? (9089 Views)

Ibo Or Igbo? What’s The Difference? / A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by absoluteSuccess: 3:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
Bigfrancis, the burden is yours if my interpretation make sense or not, you don't understand Yoruba and I don't have 'the delution of need' to prove anything to be sensible to you beyond reasonable doubt, thats always your fort. I have given you my view, take me to the world court. It is my pleasure that Yoruba migrants were 12% in Benin. All I know is, by the word legba, the song ceased to be Igbo, it may be worksong popular in the plantation that has blend into 'Igbo nation Dance' (song repertoir) from slave of Yoruba/Dahome axis. I believe it is not a golden track, it is just a song that caught Op's fancy. Pazienza, don't be emotional, it is your peoples' song. We will soon have igbo dot in letters. I am waiting for that day.
Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by cooljude(m): 12:54am On Apr 09, 2015
Why must you guys drag everything. Everybody should bring his interpretation so that the op can decipher which one makes more sense and finally their should be some data to show the regions the slaves that were sent there came from.

1 Like

Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by bigfrancis21: 1:32am On Apr 09, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
Bigfrancis, the burden is yours if my interpretation make sense or not, you don't understand Yoruba and I don't have 'the delution of need' to prove anything to be sensible to you beyond reasonable doubt, thats always your fort. I have given you my view, take me to the world court. It is my pleasure that Yoruba migrants were 12% in Benin. All I know is, by the word legba, the song ceased to be Igbo, it may be worksong popular in the plantation that has blend into 'Igbo nation Dance' (song repertoir) from slave of Yoruba/Dahome axis. I believe it is not a golden track, it is just a song that caught Op's fancy. Pazienza, don't be emotional, it is your peoples' song. We will soon have igbo dot in letters. I am waiting for that day.

'Oya come lets go' ceases to be English just because of one word, 'oya', or just as 'go take your siesta' ceases to be English because of the Spanish word, 'siesta'.

Ok then! Goodluck in your delusion!

And finally sister, don't be afraid to quote me directly! wink

1 Like

Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by bigfrancis21: 1:41am On Apr 09, 2015
cooljude:
Why must you guys drag everything. Everybody should bring his interpretation so that the op can decipher which one makes more sense and finally their should be some data to show the regions the slaves that were sent there came from.

Interpretations from both languages have been offered, one sounds plausible the other sounds ludicrous, making absolutely no sense whatsoever, and not even attributed to the region he yearns it to be earnestly attributed to.

Now he sits in his bedroom and wishes to rewrite history purely out of selfish desires! And she, he will be quick to turn around and push on his insecurity on others as being their problem!

The games ladies play!
Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by pinkycute(f): 3:36am On Apr 09, 2015
Well, We all come from a particular culture. And our culture shapes who we are and how we are. It is our history, our ethnicity, our music, how we think, who we include, the food we eat, with whom we eat, the expressions we know, how and when we speak, the way we think and make judgments, and how we relate to each other and strangers.

Sometimes our journey to unknown takes us to the edge of our understanding or to the outer boundaries of our comfort zone as we encounter different people or different cultures.

You might be right with your opinion tho, but what baffles me about your opinion, is how you manage to remixes the "Song" and turn it to "Yoruba" the song is nothing related to Yoruba", as I can see.... The traditional dresses, wore by the women on that pic above.... Is similar to Igbo "traditional wears" I'll simply go with Ezeagu and Bigfrancis21, they've analysis the song, with enough historical backup.... We shouldn't be too surprise, the Op, might be wrong with some spellings tho, "So am not quoting you wrong" @Absolutesuccess, we are all here to learn!!.....

absoluteSuccess:
but to some extent, the song is equally intelligible in Yoruba, I'm not trying to spoil the party, brothers.

Gongo banan plantain me wo yo
ibole ibole wo yo
Helebu legba wo yo

Gongo is Yoruba for drumstick used in beating the drum known in Yoruba as gongon.
You can compare the song 'Gongo Aso' by 9ice for instance.

Now the song:

Gongo...me wo yo
My talking drum (banana) parade of joy,
My earth ritual phenalia for parade of joy
The stigmatized as devil, parade for joy.

wo in Yoruba is to move in one accord from place to place in celebration, it is iwo lu or iwode (e-war-day).
But if your pronounciation is Wo as in Woe, that stands for a shout of joy.

Elebu is someone that was labeled wrongly or for disability 'eebu' is something that one can be mocked by.

Elebu is someone who has done anything that can be mocked. Legba is the Yoruba leader of old mocked as the devil.

1 Like

Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by absoluteSuccess: 10:34am On Apr 09, 2015
Beautiful piece @pinkyCute. My sincere observation is that the song is not the most important theme song of Igbo National Dance, maybe its just a piece of song among a thousand, derived from the slave trade era. It may be the term 'Legba' that the op knew he could find explanation to, that made him crop it out from plethora of songs on Igbo Dance Songs list. And just like devotional songs or work songs or 'speaking in tongues', people may not discriminate on a song's origin, as long as it fit in to the mood. But if hearer from another language groug hear a word he's familiar with in a song, that he likes, he tune the few words around the main words to his own words. The hook of the line is legba, it may have filtered in through Obea and Santeria intersection, and I know 'Nigeria tribalism' did not exist during slave trade as it does now. Albeit, the song and the people are Igbo-descent as we have seen, but the word 'legba' is 'Yoruboid'. Thanks.
Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
Beautiful piece @pinkyCute. My sincere observation is that the song is not the most important theme song of Igbo National Dance, maybe its just a piece of song among a thousand, derived from the slave trade era. It may be the term 'Legba' that the op knew he could find explanation to, that made him crop it out from plethora of songs on Igbo Dance Songs list. And just like devotional songs or work songs or 'speaking in tongues', people may not discriminate on a song's origin, as long as it fit in to the mood. But if hearer from another language groug hear a word he's familiar with in a song, that he likes, he tune the few words around the main words to his own words. The hook of the line is legba, it may have filtered in through Obea and Santeria intersection, and I know 'Nigeria tribalism' did not exist during slave trade as it does now. Albeit, the song and the people are Igbo-descent as we have seen, but the word 'legba' is 'Yoruboid'. Thanks.

I think everybody already agreed (even before you made a comment here) that Legba was a non-Igbo deity. The Fon and the Yoruba had the greatest influence on Afro-Caribbean and Afro-American religions, and thus, deities from these two ethnicities were known and worshipped widely by slaves of non-Yoruba, non-Fon descent.

The word 'Legba' alone, therefore, cannot be of much use in establishing what language that song is in, or what ethnic group created and used the song.

3 Likes

Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by absoluteSuccess: 12:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
Radoillo:

I think everybody already agreed (even before you made a comment here) that Legba was a non-Igbo deity. The Fon and the Yoruba had the greatest influence on Afro-Caribbean and Afro-American religions, and thus, deities from these two ethnicities were known and worshipped widely by slaves of non-Yoruba, non-Fon descent.

The word 'Legba' alone, therefore, cannot be of much use in establishing what language that song is in, or what ethnic group created and used the song.
That's possible, my claim does not abrogate the Igbo meaning or essence of the song. I don't understand Igbo to start with, so I cannot fault the Igbo interpretation. My perspective is, chances are that that short piece may be from Santeria if we don't downplay the anchor, 'legba'. We all are attempting a reconstruction of a song that even the presenter don't understand. The best is to assume, until one can prove what is not known weather it has been proved by your conclussion on it or not.
Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by absoluteSuccess: 1:21pm On Apr 09, 2015
Are you 'ojuju' that I should be afraid to quote directly? smiley

Better stop making yourself 'fearful', old prexios fears no one. I don't run through the gauntlet with anyone anymore, let intelligence do the work, not cleverness. Your antics becloud your perception of everyone Yoruba or anything Yoruba.

I am not struggling to make, fabricate or steal your people or anything like that from the Island of caracou, but anytime you look, that's what you see, its an emotional thing, you cannot think out of your tribalism, so no matter what I say, your nature will blur the insight.

Now that you have 'womanised' me? that's your sick game ascending a crescent.

bigfrancis21:

'Oya come lets go' ceases to be English just because of one word, 'oya', or just as 'go take your siesta' ceases to be English because of the Spanish word, 'siesta'.

Ok then! Goodluck in your delusion!

And finally sister, don't be afraid to quote me directly! wink

Allow divergent view of opinion and healthy dialogue on public forum, stop playing mental games, focus on topic not your biases, babyman.

3 Likes

Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by bigfrancis21: 2:54am On Apr 11, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
Are you 'ojuju' that I should be afraid to quote directly? smiley

Better stop making yourself 'fearful', old prexios fears no one. I don't run through the gauntlet with anyone anymore, let intelligence do the work, not cleverness. Your antics becloud your perception of everyone Yoruba or anything Yoruba.

I am not struggling to make, fabricate or steal your people or anything like that from the Island of caracou, but anytime you look, that's what you see, its an emotional thing, you cannot think out of your tribalism, so no matter what I say, your nature will blur the insight.

Now that you have 'womanised' me? that's your sick game ascending a crescent.

Allow divergent view of opinion and healthy dialogue on public forum, stop playing mental games, focus on topic not your biases, babyman.

babymama finally grew some balls to quote me! grin

Let me see how you put your new-found balls into use. cheesy
Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by absoluteSuccess: 7:38am On Apr 11, 2015
bigfrancis21:

babymama finally grew some balls to quote me! grin

Let me see how you put your new-found balls into use. cheesy
Go and vote online joor, babypikin, a.k.a. badfrancis42. grin After voting Jimi Agbaje, you know where to go. I will give life jacket to whom I will give life jacket to. cheesy
Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by Carriacou1985(f): 9:39pm On Jun 25, 2015
Sorry for a very late response. Everytime I tried to post any reply to this thread it was unsuccessful. I'm pleased to see how many more inputs have been added to this thread and I thank each and evey one of you for your input in my trying to discover more about my mothers culture.

Thank you Phut for uploading the video, I tried but I'm not great with technology. Now those who are interested in this topic can understand directly the meaning of the words through the song and rhythm.

In my research I was able to find out that after the abolishment of skavery Yorubas were brought over to Grenada as indentured workers, they brought with them rich culture which the slaves held on to as they had lost their own African identity.

I can see the Yoruba influence in our religion which we call spiritual, which I have learned comes from the Yoruba religion.

So thank you all for if input to this topic, it's very much appreciated by me.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by Carriacou1985(f): 9:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
That's possible, my claim does not abrogate the Igbo meaning or essence of the song. I don't understand Igbo to start with, so I cannot fault the Igbo interpretation. My perspective is, chances are that that short piece may be from Santeria if we don't downplay the anchor, 'legba'. We all are attempting a reconstruction of a song that even the presenter don't understand. The best is to assume, until one can prove what is not known weather it has been proved by your conclussion on it or not.

Santeria is widely practised in South America but not in the Caribbean. Our religion is known as spiritual baptists/ shango baptists... Our religion came from Africa and precisely from the Yoruba religion but the slaves were forced to accept Christianity and in turn mixed the two religions together, where we basically believe in honouring our ancestors. I've heard of Santeria but from what I know it's not Christian at all. I believe Legba is the name of the trickster or esu I think it's called in Yoruba, it's only a song passed down through ancestors and as u know with Chinese whispers words/ meanings can be alerted with time please don't assume we are a people of devil worshippers.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by Carriacou1985(f): 10:02pm On Jun 25, 2015
Phut:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCTPMTy5M5A

Hey Carriacou, this is the video you were referring to, right?

For anyone interested in the exact words and way it is sung and danced, please see the video as posted by Phut.

No one has mentioned the style of dance as a characteristic of which tribe it belongs to?

I'm guessing it does come from a very corrupt form of Igbo with possibly other tribal influences.
Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by Phut(f): 9:20am On Aug 13, 2015
Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by Phut(f): 9:26am On Aug 13, 2015
Carriacou1985:

For anyone interested in the exact words and way it is sung and danced, please see the video as posted by Phut.

No one has mentioned the style of dance as a characteristic of which tribe it belongs to?

I'm guessing it does come from a very corrupt form of Igbo with possibly other tribal influences.

Hi Carriacou. This is a video someone posted on facebook. The dance style is very similar to the dance in the ibole video. This is an Igbo dance from Nkanu people in Enugu State, Nigeria. You will notice the spinning or twirling style of dance. I can't get the video to post like the youtube video I posted earlier. Maybe someone can help me? In the meantime, you will have to click the link to view it.

https://video-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xfa1/v/t42.1790-2/10989403_343646989177500_1593590981_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjY0NiwicmxhIjo5NDYsInZlbmNvZGVfdGFnIjoicmVzXzQyNl9jcmZfMjNfbWFpbl8zLjBfc2QifQ%3D%3D&rl=646&vabr=359&oh=6a308222046a829ea5e9f7c02d313f3a&oe=55CC7A7C

@Bigfrancis21: How do I get this to open like the youtube videos?
Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by Phut(f): 9:36am On Aug 13, 2015
Also notice the similarity of dress with the skirt worn by the girl in the video starting from 1:44 min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK8vaLFJ37M
Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by scholes0(m): 11:37pm On Aug 13, 2015
Phut:
Also notice the similarity of dress with the skirt worn by the girl in the video starting from 1:44 min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK8vaLFJ37M

As at the time Igbos were exported as slaves, they didn't have any such clothes.
so any similarity you might observe in clothing is purely co-incidental

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by Emilokoiyawon: 2:41am On Aug 14, 2015
cool All those culutures and religion over there are Yoruba based. That song is Yoruba ('corrupted' but Yoruba all the same). The 'Igbo' link is largely nominal not organic. cool

2 Likes

Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by Carriacou1985(f): 3:23am On Sep 13, 2015
Phut:

Hi Carriacou. This is a video someone posted on facebook. The dance style is very similar to the dance in the ibole video. This is an Igbo dance from Nkanu people in Enugu State, Nigeria. You will notice the spinning or twirling style of dance. I can't get the video to post like the youtube video I posted earlier. Maybe someone can help me? In the meantime, you will have to click the link to view it.

Couldn't get the video to play.

https://video-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xfa1/v/t42.1790-2/10989403_343646989177500_1593590981_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjY0NiwicmxhIjo5NDYsInZlbmNvZGVfdGFnIjoicmVzXzQyNl9jcmZfMjNfbWFpbl8zLjBfc2QifQ%3D%3D&rl=646&vabr=359&oh=6a308222046a829ea5e9f7c02d313f3a&oe=55CC7A7C

@Bigfrancis21: How do I get this to open like the youtube videos?

Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by TAO11(f): 9:21am On Sep 04, 2020
Carriacou1985:
Thank you also for your reply, I changed the title to also include Yoruba speakers, so hopefully I can get some clarity. From some research I did online I found out Legba is a Ancient West African God but I didn't find out which tribe is associated.
Legba is the alternative name of the Yoruba deity popularly known as Eshu.

The more common Yoruba pronunciations are Elegba, Elegbara or Legbara.

11 Likes

Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by Igboid: 2:36pm On Sep 04, 2020
TAO11:
Legba is the alternative name of the Yoruba deity popularly known as Eshu.

The more common Yoruba pronunciations are Elegba, Elegbara or Legbara.

Legba is a Fon deity.
Stop already.
Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by TAO11(f): 4:38pm On Sep 04, 2020
Igboid:
Legba is a Fon deity.
Stop already.
Lol. I can understand why you feel how you feel. cheesy

If you had the slightest inkling on the history of Yoruba religion and its spread, you should have realized that that present-day Republic of Benin was heavily influenced via Oyo’s imperial domination etc.

On the flip side, there’s is no record of any such influence on the Yoruba world-view from there.

See the 1st attached for some details on the name Legba as an alternative name for Eshu.

Moreover, the 2nd attached is of a YouTube video entitled “The Story of Ogun” as part of an Orisha series by Black Witch Ya Ya an American YouTuber and Yoruba religion enthusiast.

Notice one of her subscribers in the comment section requesting that the next series should be on Eshu which s(he) also identified as Legba.

Never ever feel insecure, intimidated, or inferior again. There is no point feeling that way.

Cheers!

11 Likes

Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by Igboid: 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2020
TAO11:
Lol. I can understand why you feel how you feel. cheesy

If you had the slightest inkling on the history of Yoruba religion and its spread, you should have realized that that present-day Republic of Benin was heavily influenced via Oyo’s imperial domination etc.

On the flip side, there’s is no record of any such influence on the Yoruba world-view from there.

See the attached for some details on the name Legba as an alternative name for Eshu.

Yoruba borrowed Legba from Fon.
https://www.britannica.com/topic/Legba

Eshu belongs to Yoruba. Legba to Fon.
You borrowed and it became an alternative name to your traditional Eshu.
A bit like Ndiigbo borrowed "Ashawo" from Yorubas to serve as a synonym for "Akwuna", which is Igbo name for prostitute.

1 Like

Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by TAO11(f): 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2020
Igboid:

Yoruba borrowed Legba from Fon.

Eshu belongs to Yoruba. Legba to Fon.
You borrowed and it became an alternative name to your traditional Eshu.
A bit like Ndiigbo borrowed "Ashawo" from Yorubas to serve as a synonym for "Akwuna", which is Igbo name for prostitute.
There is no mention of Yoruba borrowing anything from Fon in the link you pasted. Lol. smiley

I have shared two different screenshots with you clearly stating that Legba is simply an alternative name for Eshu.

But whatever helps you sleep at night I guess. Having said that, you shouldn’t see the need to feel insecure, inferior, or intimidated going forward.

12 Likes

Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by TAO11(f): 5:34pm On Sep 04, 2020
cc: Igboid

To wrap this up, the following words are the testimony of a Vodu practitioner and worshipper of Eshu — Sena Voncujovi — where he made it clear that Eshu is a Yoruba deity who is one and the same entity as Elegbara who is in turn one and the same entity as Legba (an alternative spelling). Sena Voncujovi writes:

The mistranslation of Eshu (also known as Eshu Elegbara), a highly revered indigenous Yoruba deity, by Samuel Ajayi Crowther (1809–1891) as “the devil” is perhaps the most salient example of how African spirituality became associated with Satan”.

The following is the link to the full essay so you can access the context:

https://humanparts.medium.com/why-african-spirituality-became-associated-with-satan-a16712cf9cdf

14 Likes

Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by Igboid: 8:03pm On Sep 04, 2020
TAO11:
There is no mention of Yoruba borrowing anything from Fon in the link you pasted. Lol. smiley

I have shared two different screenshots with you clearly stating that Legba is simply an alternative name for Eshu.

But whatever helps you sleep at night I guess. Having said that, you shouldn’t see the need to feel insecure, inferior, or intimidated going forward.

Legba is recognized to have originated from Fon.
Anyone else using Legba or similar cognate, obviously borrowed from Fon. It doesn't need to be stated.
You are the one with insecurities claiming things not belonging to you to make yourself feel good when you could easily give the originators their duely deserved credit.

Its embarrassing.

1 Like

Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by ABULARdotCOM: 11:33pm On Sep 04, 2020

Eshu, also known as Elegba or Legba, is a trickster god of the Yoruba people of Nigeria in West Africa. He is unpredictable, sly, and fond of pranks that can be cruel and disruptive. Eshu, who knows all the languages spoken on earth, serves as a messenger between the gods and people. He also carries up to heaven the sacrifices that people offer to the gods.

According to one story, Eshu became the messenger after playing a trick on the High God. He stole yams from the god's garden, used the god's slippers to make footprints there, and then suggested that the god had stolen the yams himself. Annoyed, the High God ordered Eshu to visit the sky every night and tell him what happened on earth during the day.

trickster mischievous figure appearing in various forms in the folktales and mythology of many different peoples

Eshu enjoys confusion. Many stories tell of tricks he plays that cause arguments between friends or between husbands and wives. In one myth he lured the sun and moon into changing places, which upset the cosmic order. As the god of change, chance, and uncertainty, Eshu is sometimes paired with Ifa, a god representing order. In one tale Eshu claimed that he would ruin Ifa, who laughingly replied, "If you transform yourself, I shall do the same, and if I die, you will die, for so it has been ordained in heaven." In this way,
This carved wood sculpture shows Eshu, the trickster god of the Yoruba people of Nigeria in West Africa.
This carved wood sculpture shows Eshu, the trickster god of the Yoruba people of Nigeria in West Africa.
order and disorder are forever paired, and neither can exist without the other.

http://www.mythencyclopedia.com/Dr-Fi/Eshu.html

http://members.tripod.com/omo_ileosikan/elegba.htm

7 Likes

Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by TAO12: 10:44am On Sep 05, 2020
Igboid:

Legba is recognized to have originated from Fon.
Anyone else using Legba or similar cognate, obviously borrowed from Fon. It doesn't need to be stated.
You are the one with insecurities claiming things not belonging to you to make yourself feel good when you could easily give the originators their duely deserved credit.

Its embarrassing.

Thank you for simply repeating your comment that I already refuted. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me? by omonnakoda: 1:49pm On Jan 02, 2023
Slave trade shuffled the cards of our peoples,culture and languages
It is wrong to make inference from how it is today about how it was yesterday
Even before slave trade it would appear that there was some cross fertilisation of belief and languages
If you consider primary words
For
Water
Land
House
Stone
Deity
Divination
you will find similarities
E.g the Isoko divination by Ava is similar to Ifa
Across West Africa there are notions of a deity
Mami Waata in several groups
Legba is a name for one of the manifestation of a deity Eshu also known as Elegba or Papa Legba
Eshu was usually worshipped at crossroads e.g
Ojuelegba=Oju Elegba
Ojuelegba was a place where Eshu was worshipped
With regard to the song it seems to me a mix of different languages or to contain words that have become extinct in their place of origin
Do not forget language does not stand still. The way they spoke Yoruba or Igbo 300 years ago is not the same today. Words that were carried over with slaves may have died out in their places of origin of changed meaning totally
Yes words do change meaning
A good example is the word GAY .
In 1900 it did not mean homosexual
Finally many are projecting central Igbo or Yoruba into their interpretation
Those things are quite new. It is important to bear this final point in mind. There were so many dialects then that have now converged and some would have died out

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Professor Kings : 10 Nigerian Traditional Rulers That Are Professors / Chief Akkiri, Mum-zi Birthdays / Onye Ji Ofor-an Ibo Saying.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.