Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,556 members, 7,955,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:59 PM

Review: Has “allelu” By Maleek Berry,wale Lived Up To The Hype? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Review: Has “allelu” By Maleek Berry,wale Lived Up To The Hype? (769 Views)

Mr Eazi - Leg Over Ft. Wizkid, Eddie Kadi, Maleek Berry(official VIDEO) / Wale – Allelu Ft. Olamide, Don Jazzy & Reekado Banks (prod By Maleek Berry) / Wale – “allelu” Ft. Olamide, Don Jazzy & Reekado Banks (prod By Maleek Berry) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Review: Has “allelu” By Maleek Berry,wale Lived Up To The Hype? by nhop: 6:33pm On Mar 25, 2015
The much talked about, extremely hyped song “Allelu” has finally dropped. Has this lived up to the hype?…well, let’s weigh in with our two cents on the offering by the quintet of Maleek Berry, Wale, Olamide, Don Jazzy and Reekado Banks.

From the moment the array of superstars had been revealed to have collaborated on a track, the anticipation had been through the roof.

Maleek Berry controlled the boards on this one, with an afro-pop style beat with jazzy strings.

If Wale has issues with critics digesting or reviewing his lyrics, it is because they find it hard to decipher his at times complex rhymes. He gave little or no room for them on this one, as he rode the beat quite smoothly with a simple, plain verse filled with braggadocio, reppin’ Naija and taking shots at…well, his ‘haters’.

That’s the summary of his verse.

He declares quite rightly though, that “only God can judge me/no, not you”, while also daring his detractors to “say it to my face/,cos you cannot relate”.

He closes with quite an interesting muster of yoruba-spoken delivery saying “mo yege/halleluyah mo yege/I’ll dobale to my mama o/I know that she gon’ pray for me”….lol

Yours truly, Olamide badoo takes the baton, and given his playful, extremely ratchet attitude he’s shown on tracks he has released recently, making the statement “I feel like jigga backing biggie on stage” is a very bold verse opening.

He goes playful as usual on this one, but it passes for an interesting listen.

Only daddymiliano can be crazy enough to say “you know the feeling/I feel like next to blow/I feel I should let you know/and I’ve been thinking badoo iya e ti blow/oluwa wizzy collect igbo” and also “shorty’s a ceiling fan, she wanna blow me”.

Don-doro-Jazzy well, was his usual ‘screw my haters’ self. It was a cameo good enough to make us know “na baba God just dey win for my matter/and that’s all that matters”…..fair enough.

The melody in Maleek Berry’s verse afterwards is so good, so catchy, he just rode his own production effortlessly.

It was an excellent chorus delivery by Headies’ Rookie Of The Year, Reekado Banks. He’s quickly turning out to be a specially sought-after talent.

This joint is a brilliant, feel-good, God-appreciating, club smash we’re sure the shoki dance lovers are already busting their moves to.

We’re impressed….lives up to the hype.

Source: http://nexthop.com.ng/review-has-allelu-by-maleek-berrywale-lived-up-to-the-hype/

Re: Review: Has “allelu” By Maleek Berry,wale Lived Up To The Hype? by danbrowndmf(m): 8:20pm On Mar 25, 2015
Hvn't listern to the song dou!

Make pple wey don listern cm talk
Airforce1 u don listern am?
Re: Review: Has “allelu” By Maleek Berry,wale Lived Up To The Hype? by curiouses: 3:06am On Mar 26, 2015
Nice song. Reekado Banks with his Nightingale's Kinda bass voice killed the chorus. Olamide murdered it by spitting in English and giving no damn about whom he's on track with. Wale tried but for his adulterated Yoruba. Don Jazzy isn't a dissapointment, I think he'd do better on the beat. Maleek Berry controlled the boards well. Overall, it's awesome. #Allelu

(1) (Reply)

DJs,get in here.Stand Out Using The Most Powerful Amplifier (available For Sale) / SO SAD!! Rapper Reminisce Loses Dad / A Nairalander Just Dropped His New Single

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.