Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,774 members, 7,955,956 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:36 PM

Ozil Does Not Have Ballon D'or Quality - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Ozil Does Not Have Ballon D'or Quality (438 Views)

Mesut Ozil Makes Pilgrimage To Mecca (pics) / FIFA Ballon d'Or 2016 On 11th January 2016 / FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ozil Does Not Have Ballon D'or Quality by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:10am On Mar 26, 2015
[b]Mesut Ozil believes the physical nature of the English Premier League have made him tougher and he believes he can win the Ballon d'Or.

Mesut Ozil came under heavy criticism since his arrival at Arsenal from Real Madrid with an expensive price tag. His inconsistent performances is one of the reasons of the criticism.

Since Mesut Ozil returned from injury, he has been impressive and he believes he has what it takes to get his hand on the Ballon d'Or.

He told Sport Bild: "If I continue to develop well and stay healthy, I would like, in the next few years, to hold the Ballon d’Or in my hands, I am convinced that it can happen.

"I'm feeling very positive. I'm a world champion and I play at a top club in the Premier League.

"There is much more of a physical test here than there is in Spain or in the Bundesliga - I constantly have bruises, but that makes me harder. I feel physically better than ever."

Ozil has been impressive since his return from injury. He has bulked up in the gym to cope with the Premier League. His work rate on the field increased.

However, the Ballon d'Or takes more than just work rate and bulking up. It takes a lot of hard work, coupled with consistent performances.

Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have raise the bar for the World best. Players like Robben, Neymar, Aguero and Luis Suarez stand a good chance of winning the Ballon d'Or before Ozil.

Ozil is not the best player in his club or country. So, the Ballon d'Or is far from his reach.

http://footymail..com/2015/03/ozil-does-not-have-ballon-dor-quality_25.html[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo Makes History By Scoring At Four Different Euros / EPL : Tottenham. Vs. Liverpool. Today At 4:00 Pm / EPL : Liverpool Vs Westbrom On Dec 13 2017 At 9:00pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.