Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Wayne Rooney Hopes To Break All-time Scoring Record For England - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Wayne Rooney Hopes To Break All-time Scoring Record For England (391 Views)

England Vs Iceland: Euro 2016 (1 - 2) ON 27th June 2016 / England Vs Wales : Euro 2016 (2 - 1) On 16th June 2016 / Leicester City Officially The Champions Of England (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wayne Rooney Hopes To Break All-time Scoring Record For England by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:32pm On Mar 27, 2015
[b]Wayne Rooney hopes he breaks Bobby Charlton's all-time scoring record for England sooner than later.

Rooney is four goals away from breaking the record which is held by Bobby Charlton with 49 goals, followed by Gary Lineker with 48 goals.

England will host Lithuania in Friday's Euro 2016 Group E qualifier.

"Obviously I am close. It will be a fantastic moment for myself, a proud moment if I can do that," the 29-year-old said, who will earn his 102nd cap for England at Wembley.

"Hopefully one day it will happen and sooner rather than later, I have to keep concentrating on what has got me to this position and try to do my best for the team and hopefully I can get goals along the way."

Rooney discusses with the record holder, Bobby Charlton who is a director at Manchester United but the record Rooney is chasing is not what they discuss about.

"I speak to him quite regularly at the club especially after games. He's a great for Manchester United and England. I don't want to bring it up and say, 'I'm close to beating it'. He always gives me great advice and I have great chats with him," Rooney said.

"He comes in and speaks about the game. I speak to him about my game, certainly – when I was playing midfield. 

"He was an attacking midfielder so he spoke to me a lot about my role there. He knows the game well and he gave me some advice."

Rooney's English career is impressive and at 29 years, breaking the record will happen. He has improved over the years into an important player for Manchester United and England.

http://footymail..com/2015/03/wayne-rooney-hopes-to-break-all-time.html[/b]

(1) (Reply)

After Dull Draw, Rodgers Labels Liverpool 'outstanding' / Guardiola Wants To Coach In Premier League After Bayern / Uefa Champions League Fantasy Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.