Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,783 members, 7,827,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. (154566 Views)

DAYO'S ANGEL( Love, Lust And Betrayal) / Ikádä(throne Of Love): War, Betrayal, Lust,ambition By Angelsss / How Lust For A Teenage Girl Ruined The Life Of An Innocent Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 30, 2015
“Mr Chairman for table sir, I greet you well well,

Now, that got me rotf grin

2 Likes

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Missmossy(f): 7:27pm On May 30, 2015
smiley
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Sageez(m): 8:20pm On May 30, 2015
Missmossy:
smiley
the best way to book space.
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by pwettyhardey(f): 8:44pm On May 30, 2015
Space Booked
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 7:45pm On May 31, 2015

After the assembly was over. The Biology teacher had asked the commercial and science class to join the art class for Biology. The period was meant for the art class but he had sought permission from the English and Physics' teachers who had those classes respectively. That was also a bonus for the other two teachers because they had those classes today. What was better for them was to take all the 3 classes in a combine.

The Biology teacher had gone up to his office which was located on the 3rd and last floor of the school building to prepare his teaching materials. When he had taken all he needed and walked to the Lab may be the class prefect had come to take the diagram of a flowering plant hung on the left wall of the Lab, adjacent the blackboard, he was delayed by Mr. Ashafa - the second Biology teacher.

Fatimah, Mariam and David had all returned from the principal's office. As they entered the class, hails went viral by almost all the males in the classroom.

“Hei!!! Baba na you o!”

“Twale for you o. Owo meji fun eiyan'kan (two hands for just a person)”

“Super hero baba!!!” Amidst shouts and whistles took over the four walls of the room. It felt as if they were in a concert or in a stadium cheering their teams. Echoes gave the noises welcome celebration.

Baba 70 and some others all rushed to lift him up. They took over his legs and up he went like a champion in the olympic games. They lifted him up high on their shoulders and danced around with him, singing different victorious song as though he had just been freed from the prison.

“Make una look fan o” Some female students advised at the top of their voices. A tall David being lifted on the shoulder, disaster wasn't far off if they didn't take caution.

“Femo, how far?” Laz turned his body to his partner, one of his legs was tucked inside the desk while the other was left along the aisle.

“Wetin do you” Adefemi questioned.

Laz suddenly started laughing. It later dawned on Adefemi that he wasn't staring at him, he was looking towards Fatimah and Mariam. He followed his gaze and met Zainab at the front of their desk pleading on her knees for what she had done yesterday.

“You no see as Fatimah and Mariam don ugly die,” Laz chuckled and went on “mehn, the guy wey kidnap them no try at all.”

Adefemi hissed and proceeded to bring his Biology note out of his bag. He knew Laz had never been serious before in his life. So that was why he called him? Foolish boy filled with irrelevant thoughts.

“Wetin make you talk that one?” He later asked after he had placed his note on the desk and flicked through the pages, searching for where he had kept the rough sheet he jotted the previous lectures on.

“The guy as I dey look dem face, no give them food at all at all,” he grinned annoyingly.

“Na you sabi, ode. You no see as Zainab knee-down for their front. You sure say something never happen so?”

“So na me be Ode abi?” Laz grabbed his head and started using it as a drum.

Many people came to offer their heartfelt sorry for the two ladies whose faces were a little dull, dry and disenchanted today. It shone as though too much vaseline had been applied on them. They looked fatigued and distressed.

Momentarily, the three friends broke down and started shedding tears. The girls in the class came towards them; some cleaned their faces; others consoled but later when it seemed the environment wasn't encouraging, they led them out of the class to the empty commercial class.

When the consolation had died down, their classmates that had brought them left them alone to nurse their grief if they weren't going to cheer up - they couldn't miss the Biology class. They advised them not to bother to come for the Biology class if they knew they wouldn't cope well.

“Zainab, we really suffered. The trauma and everything was too much to bear.”

Mariam choked and coughed. Zainab patted her back. Fatimah tried to hold back another bout of tears, sniffing mucus back into the nostrils.

“I'm sorry about the way I behaved yesterday,” she pleaded “if I had known, I would have gone home with you two,” as if anything would have prevented the kidnap from taking place.

“You don't need to be sorry,” Fatimah cut in “it wasn't your fault.”

“But I was foolish.”

Zainab was the strongest amongst them. She hardly became emotional. She needed not much restraint to hold back tears, it just happened freely - her face always dried. May be because she laughed a great deal everyday of her life.

If not because it would look absurd to her friends, she wouldn't have shed a single drop.

“It was because of a boy I did that,” she confessed.

“Ehn!!!” Exclaimed Fatimah and Mariam. Their tears seemed to have find some certain dry land and had sunk into the soil, into their skin/pore spaces. The exclamation cheered their spirit and they looked at Zainab with surprise.

“I'm so sorry. I know I did the wrong thing but I felt I needed some privacy,” she complicated matters.

“Some privacy” They both exclaimed louder than the first. They've never been such astoned before in their lives. Silence suddenly descended amongst them like a shady cloud, unprecedented.

“Oh!!!” Mariam broke the silence. She was gradually getting back to her usual being, the cheerful lady “if we all should crave for some privacy, what friends are we then?”

There was no reply from any of the other two. But particularly Zainab. The question was left hanging in the air, like rain waiting for its season to lash down.

Zainab looked sober. She knew she had done the wrong thing but it was required, she thought. Now she felt guilty. It shouldn't have come to that. As least, informing them would have been enough but she was sure they wouldn't have accorded her the room she needed to speak with Peter.

“ I'm sorry. I'm really sorry,” Fatimah surely was going out of her range for pleading.

What in the hell was she sorry for?. She cried and wiped her face with her hands.

“Don't cry Fatimah,” Mariam consoled “why do you need to cry because of what Zainab had done?”

“No, you don't understand Mariam” she started, her voice unclear “I have wronged you.”

“Ehn!!!” This surely was a day of exclamations. “How” Mariam was disturbed.

Fatimah waited for a moment then burst into tears. She convulsed as she cried; her two friends without a clue, pat and pleaded with her to stop crying.

“You see,” she managed to sniff “Melvin gave me a letter to give to you after the last time he walked you to the bus-stop.”

“Really! He did?” Mariam looked at Zainab but was surprised she wasn't moved.

“Did you know about this, Zainab?”

There was no response from her. Mariam looked at Fatimah whose face was turned downwards. She didn't meet her contact and returned them to Zainab who also looked away, facing the opposite direction.

“And you didn't tell me! What sort of friends are you both?”

No one dared to reply. Even the confrontation they usually posed at one another was absent. It had gone sabbatical.

“Do you both mean to tell me if what happened yesterday had not occurred, you wouldn't have informed me still?” Mariam spoke on.

“Oh no! I'm so disppointed in both of you. I wonder what friends you are. For God sake, what in the hell did you both think you were doing intruding on my privacy?”

She paused realising they were just discussing about Zainab seeking privacy. She felt it all wrong to be asking or talking about it. Well, they were all seeking same thing, same concubine called privacy.

Things had really changed and they were not the same as they were in the Junior school - when secrets had not find a resting place in their friendship. Maturity was starting to lay foundation and things needed to take a new turn.

May be they've all grown to need privacy at this stage of their lives.

Fatimah was starting to discover a courageous feeling within her. She took the chance as it came and spoke.

“It seems we are now growing much. Look at our chest compared to when we were in the Junior school. Look at the way we talk now. Many things had changed and it means we all have to adjust. Guys are starting to seek us.” She paused to see the reactions of her friends or may be they might want to interject. When she saw that no sentences or mouth made to move, she proceeded.

“I now have a boyfriend which you all know about. I have a divided commitment now - having to please you two and him.

Zainab, I think with the look of things, you are now occupied with Peter - another divided commitment.

Mariam surely will be occupied by Melvin soon, so I don't see the need for this friendship anymore.”

“Are you serious, Fatimah?” Mariam had never been so serious at asking a question straightforward in her entire life. Her mouth were wide open. If flies were to hover around, they would find her mouth as a genuine place of rest. Astonishment at its climax.

“I can't be more serious” Fatimah rose up and Zainab excused her from the chair so she could pass. She entered the front seat and rested her ass on the desk.

“This is your letter,” she handed it to Mariam who was dumbfounded to stretch her hands. Fatimah dropped it on the desk right in front of her.

“I'm sorry for whatever betrayal I have caused you and the intrusion on your privacy. Surely, we should limit our friendship.”

“But Fatimah, we are related” Mariam broke in, her eyes fallen like scobby's. They were only related by tribe and nothing more.

“Don't worry dear, that won't be any problem. Let's all cherish our privacy than this friendship. Goodbye” she said and left the two inside the empty class without words to speak.

They stared after her in surprise, then when she had gone out of sight, they stared into thin air.

Few minutes had passed and Zainab stood up. She didn't care anymore since Fatimah had spoken up. Yes, it was what she needed; to be able to do things without them. To have a new friend in Peter. Everything devoted to him.

“Mariam, I'm sorry to inform you that I read that letter too. I was the one who advised her against giving it to you,”

“Why?” Mariam asked a bit perplexed. Her facial expression flurry. Her eyelashes beeping, they moved up and down.

“I thought it would protect and preserve our friendship but I was wrong. Fatimah already has a boyfriend but I didn't take that into consideration.

I'm sorry it has to end this way,” Zainab finished.

She spoke what could be translated as same with Fatimah's speech. They were the same.

“Are you sure you are all right? What nonsense are you both saying? Like we should end our friendship?”

“Yes Mariam, yes! There was never any friendship,” Zainab shouted in defiance.

“How dare you shout at me?” She rose up as though she would strike Zainab. By the look of things, she also didn't care any longer what was going to happen, or was already happening.

“Just calm you tit dear. We don't need to shout at each other. It is just a simple way to part.”

“Then you both should go to hell.” Mariam boiled.

Zainab walked out of her presence fashionably; her steps criss-crossed as her tiny waist and small buttocks shifted and swerved from this point to the other.

Mariam took her hands to her hip and stood hands akimbo. She quickly thought what her next point of action would be. The two friends she had known and done everything with all these while said it would no longer be possible.

She sighed and unwrapped the letter Fatimah had handed to her. She read all through and smiled, forgetting not long ago had she been angry.

Melvin was seriously funny and she resolved she had to get in touch with him. Yap, she had to make him her number one friend now.

But she never realised Melvin was occupied.

Remember Onome's friend who said she was trying to snatch her boyfriend? Well, Mariam was in for the worst!

If only she knew what she was about stepping into!!!

T,b,c,...........
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 7:47pm On May 31, 2015
Missmossy:
smiley

Missy, been long. Are you fighting me? cry
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 31, 2015
Izu's episode got me laughing, the boy no serious at all.
So the three friends separated because they need privacy? This is serious ooo.
Thanks for the update Dear...... Expecting more.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Sageez(m): 9:18pm On May 31, 2015
too bad the way they ended their friendship, my best friend ones told me this, ''as we grow up, i wish us well, but always remember this, make new friends and keep the old ones''

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by kwencypresh(f): 7:32pm On Jun 01, 2015
hmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by harjibolar10(m): 3:07am On Jun 02, 2015
Obinrin!! obinrin!!! Obinrin!!!
See una life outside, imagine 'ending' that long and (self acclaimed) strong friendship just like that, it's absurd and stupid. Anyways, Girls will always be Girls, even at woman level.

Chai, Okunrin una kudos to you oo, obinrin matter in that stage will always make their(guy to guy) friendship even more stronger 100times than before, take Oga David situation as an example, see as he turn beause of obinrin, running around because of fatimah, looking for Adefemi.

Anyways, that's why we are the head here, Oga oya continue oooo

Thanks for the update man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by pwettyhardey(f): 8:36am On Jun 02, 2015
Girls can be funny sometimes. Y would u forgone ur long friend just because of guys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Sageez(m): 8:44am On Jun 02, 2015
pwettyhardey:
Girls can be funny sometimes. Y would u forgone ur long friend just because of guys
guys separating girls since 1494

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 10:13am On Jun 02, 2015

Later that day, they had all sat for the English class, - still in the art class. Fatimah sat in the midst of Lazarus and Adefemi while her friends also took their seat at different places.

It was obvious something was wrong but the class going on then didn't give much opportunity to chatters. Miss Iton could be playful oft but she never joked when she was teaching topics she felt was of absolutely relevance to the knowledge of her students.

Although she knew the 3 girls right from the Junior school and had never seen them sit separately yet she thought the demanding height of facing ones studies in the Senior school might have suddenly given room to separation, - them sitting apart.

Fatimah maintained her gaze at just a 90 degree. She avoided shifting gazes to the right side which was equally the first row in the classroom where her friends were seated in different positions. She only looked down on her book and raised her head up to glance at the blackboard; she went on copying the notes on the board.

Once the bell had went off for Lunch break, Miss Iton warned.

“Make sure I don't have to wait for you all after the break. Anyone who comes 5minutes later than 12 o'clock should consider staying away from the doors of this classroom.”

She picked up her teacher materials and started walking out of the front aisle, then to the first aisle on the right; she turned. She stared at the floor at interval, facing front again - with her glasses at the top edge of her nose. Her lesson-note and the Senior English project Book 1 held to her chest. Her hands were `chalk-dust' (remnant) powdered.

Soon as she had exit the door, many students kept their notebooks and rushed out of the class.

Mariam was among those who left in such a hurry. When Zainab had kept her books back into her school bag, she cat-walked, head facing the ceiling; ass shot out and chest pointed upwards; she also left the classroom.

“Fatimah, wetin do your friends wey dem leave you go break?” Laz asked stretching a hand across her shoulder which touched Adefemi a little, as though he wanted to prevent their body contact.

“See Laz, I don't want to talk about it,” she responded and put the last full-stop at the end of the last sentences she copied on her notebook. She covered her pen and placed it in her chest/bre'ast pocket.

“Aren't you finished yet?” She directed her question to Adefemi as Laz stood up and joined his colleagues that were heading for the door.

“I'm almost through dear,” he answered as she shifted a little - to give herself comfort from the squeeze she had managed between the two friends; Laz and Adefemi.

“Are you not going for lunch?” Fatimah asked facing him, her body turned slightly.

“Yap I am. Are you?” He closed his notebook and placed it under his locker.

“Let's go together. I don't want to be lonely.”

“Okay then,” he rose up, adjusted his trousers.

She in turn stood and walked backwards. They met at the door and held hands. As they passed the commercial class, Adefemi heard his name.

“Please a minute Fatimah,” he released her hand and look through the fancy blocks.

“What's up na?” Came the question from Zainob, the girl that had just responded to his request.

It was because of her he had come early today but Miss Yemisi had taken much of his time in the morning, he didn't even remember Zainob.

“I'm fine. Aren't you going for lunch?”

“Ermm!!!” She pasued. Pouted her lips and shook her head sideways, in the negative.

“But wht?” He was surprised. May be she didn't have money anyway.

“Nothing joor,” she displayed her Yoruba colour. A sentence without that `joor' was no speech.

“Why don't you come along, we are heading to the field. It won't be bad, you know!”

She stood up and jumped out of the door. They proceeded up to the field, Adefemi holding hands with Fatimah again.

“Eh ehn! I wanted to ask may be you sent any text to my phone yesterday but I had no airtime to call back when your credit got finished.”

“No I didn't o!” Zainob smiled as though Adefemi had been all the smiles she wanted in her life.

All she wanted and had not given in all the while he had been pestering her for a relationship? Almost 8weeks. People had told her what she stands to gain from him, that was why she had finally accepted his request.

Now, they were no longer brothers and sisters as they used to be, they were more than a friend.

“What was in the message?” She asked but Adefemi quickly reasoned Fatimah was present and decided not to expose the content of the message.

“Nothing, seriously! But since you said you didn't send it, no problem.” He concluded.

He felt Fatimah's grip a little. Her palms were wet, he could feel his hands watery. What reason had made her grip her holds on him that moment? He thought.

He returned the gesture and rubbed his thumb against the back of her hands. They gazed into each other's eyes for a moment, chuckled and walked on - leaving Zainob clueless.

“Fatimah, you know I eat from Mrs Smalls, don't you?”

“Mmmmmmmm! You said?” She didn't hear what he said. She was so engrossed in her thoughts.

“What are you thinking about?” He furrowed his brows.

“Nothing really!” She smiled, trying to dismiss him from wondering far.

Zainob had momentarily become unimportant. She felt embarrassed and uncomfortable but she managed to keep it to herself. Wasn't he supposed to be mindful of me after saying yes to him yesterday? She asked her thought.

Those were things she should be ready to face dating Adefemi.

They entered Mrs. Smalls cafeteria and sat on the only bench remaining for buttocks to occupy. There were about 12 other students sitting inside while about 15 or more lobbied outside the large window opening etched at the corner of the cafeteria. They stretched their hands; some were trying to grab what sales in the nylon that wasn't meant for them.

“Wait na, no be your own. Abi na two egg-roll you want?” Mrs smalls handed the nylon to the rightful owner.

“Ohhhooooooo! But I don stand here since na?” The guy grumbled.

“No vex my husband. Wetin you wan buy?”

“Now you are talking,” he laughed “two fish-pies and 3 doughnuts,” he concluded.

When the numbers outside had reduced, she turned to answer those seated inside.

“Oh! Teacher's husband” she exclaimed seeing Adefemi.

“Hey, you two! Don't let teacher catch you o. Na teacher husband him be o,” may be she was joking. Only her knew but Fatimah saw her to be funny, she laughed with her nose.

Zainob on her part wasn't moved. She stoned her face and looked pale, disoriented and disappointed. She was first jealous Fatimah was intruding on her first relationship hang-out with her boyfriend and now, Mrs Smalls had made everything worst.

“Mrs Smalls, abeg o!” He tried to restrain her.

“Shey you no see as she dey look you? No woman dey look man like that if something no dey her mind for you. Abi shey I lie?” She turned to the girls, becoming extremely serious with her speech. Fatimah replied the funny woman with a bout of laughter.

“Okay ma, I hear. Abeg give us meat-pie and mountain dew,” he requested trying to divert Mrs. Smalls attention, rather, it seemed she was going to exaggerate further.

“You think say I no see una when una go that place!?” She pointed towards the direction they had gone truly that morning.

Adefemi was startled. What more had Mrs Smalls seen? Him cleaning Miss Yemisi's tears? The pats and all? He was dumbfounded. He wanted to give her a wink so that she might stop saying all she had seen but Zainob and Fatimah were looking straight into his eyes, disbelieved.

Adefemi with the new NYSC teacher at where Mrs Smalls pointed was a clue something might be going on between them.

Zainob had noted it down in her mind and was waiting for the moment the witch Fatimah would leave them both, together. She would inform him plainly she was no longer interested.
At least, to break up with him before it all starts would be less heartbreaking.

“Wetin small pikin go climb tree to see, elders wey si-don for the bottom go don already see am. I know say that teacher love you.” Mrs. Smalls completed and turned to serve them after she had almost finished crucifying Adefemi.

If someone had told Adefemi that day was the day the world was going to come to an end for him in particular, he would have argued and fought.

That moment the same girl that had ran the other day to inform Peter and Zainab her friends had been kidnapped rushed in. May be the girl was a town-crier or someone employed by the school to pass messages across couldn't be ascertained. She surely wouldn't need to seek job for too long before BBC or CNN employs her.

“George, Miss Yemisi asked me to look for you. She said she brought some snacks and drink for you for lunch.” She delivered her message panting and ran out of the cafeteria.

A jaw dropping look hung on Fatimah and Zainob's face like eyelashes. They stared at him totally astoned.
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 10:16am On Jun 02, 2015
That update was meant for yesterday. I slept off typing it. embarassed
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by kwencypresh(f): 10:32am On Jun 02, 2015
femi oga ooo
e don red for u
madam smalls own too much sef...........her mouth jst dey run like watever
n d school crier abi an town crier, dat girl sabi kill fun

anywaz fembleez1 i dey ur back
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Sageez(m): 10:51am On Jun 02, 2015
femi don enter one chance, mrs small don write him story for notice board for everybody to read. How would femi face zainob? Dis one na real cast
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by pwettyhardey(f): 10:58am On Jun 02, 2015
Ehya! Tnx for d update even though it was meant for yesterday. Expecting more today.
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by harjibolar10(m): 1:40pm On Jun 02, 2015
I was here bros
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by kwencypresh(f): 3:17pm On Jun 02, 2015
harjibolar10:
I was here bros
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Barbienice(f): 4:49pm On Jun 02, 2015
Still following dear... Tanx so much for d update Buh we want some more..!!
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 02, 2015
Miss yemisi self too dey fall hand.......u no suppose dey involve student ontop that kind parol....
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by harjibolar10(m): 6:58pm On Jun 02, 2015
Presh
kwencypresh:
shocked

Watin happen nah
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by kwencypresh(f): 7:37pm On Jun 02, 2015
welcom to presh customer care....how may i help u pls
harjibolar10:
Presh shocked

Watin happen nah
grin
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by harjibolar10(m): 6:05am On Jun 03, 2015
Chai
kwencypresh:
welcom to presh customer care....how may i help u pls grin
This bae is high on paracetamol ooo
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by blackmarya(f): 7:26am On Jun 03, 2015
this miss yemisi abi wetin den dey call her self, why she bin dey think say she fit love a boy like adefemi her younger brothers age mate...hmmm nawa for these 3 frnds oh as dey jst separate like dat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 1:18pm On Jun 03, 2015
“You see am? You see wetin I talk?” Mrs. Smalls said without looking back from the stool she sat on.

“I tell you say that madam get something for you. As you be fine boy so, make sure say you no leave her. Make you hold her well well.”

Sincerely, Mrs. Small was being delusional somehow but at the same time, one might reason with what she said base on the fact she claimed to be a wise one. One who sees and reads the mind. Didn't she use some eyes contact to speak to Miss Yemisi the morning when she came to have breakfast? Might be that she was lucid somehow!

“Adefemi,” Zainob couldn't hold it back any longer. She wanted to fight for her love. “Are you telling me all she said is true?”

“What do you mean by that? Are you trying to say you believe her?” He retorted.

Fatimah just sat down amazed at the confrontation that was going on. The students in the cafeteria too were nonplussed by what wasn't their concern.

They didn't know actually what was wrong but they've heard the little, Mrs. Smalls had said and formed a story in their minds. Some of them stopped eating, their mouths oily as they held their doughnuts or whatever snack they were eating close to the mouth, but it couldn't meet the mouth, couldn't touch their tongues.

Some of the coded ones amongst them sipped their drinks, looking away but their minds were focused on Zainob's reaction. Was she going to slap Adefemi or a fight was going to happen? They didn't know what Zainob's own was but they made sure not to speak.

“What's your own na?” Fatimah broke in “leave him to do whatever he wants. And who even told you they are dating? What if they are just being close? Haven't we seen teachers liking students they found active in their class!.”

Zainob's gave her a quizzical look. She stared at her from head to toe as if she had messed up her body as she did in the junior school. She had often despised Fatimah but they had never had the time to talk face to face. They were not friends and so nothing could have brought them to talk. Not even any group assignment could have made them talk. She didn't like Fatimah cause she was too beautiful. She beefed her beauty silently, In the depth of her mind.

But funny enough, they stayed close to each other. Yet, they never greeted each other, no matter how close they might pass by each other.

“You better shut your mouth and stay out of this!”

Zainob wanted to shut her off totally by striking her a cover-slap but cautioned her manners. She stood up and made to leave when Adefemi held her hand and pleaded.

“Not what you think. She is my teacher as well as yours, so how do you expect anything to be going on between the two of us. Moreover, she is older than I am.”

She didn't even listen to his explanation as she raised her hand and `kpoai' was the next sound that graced his right cheek. Almost everyone in the cafeteria stared at her. The slap seemed to have awaken the whole people in the cafeteria.

It felt as if it had unsettled the snacks of Mrs. Smalls, may be by shock or so but the buns she had arranged on one another all fell to the showcase floor. They made a certain sound, `crispy-turds' inside the showcase

Mrs. Smalls was `gobsmacked' by the thunder of a slap. She almost fell from the stool she sat on. It was as though a disaster had suddenly occurred. The place was silent, more silent than a graveyard. The only sound that could be heard were that of flies that hover around, trying to perch on snacks and straws and bottle-opening. It seemed as if a movie had been paused at the cinema, peoples faces glared at the direction the slap had come from, startled and unable to speak.

It dawn on Mrs. Smalls she had caused the sh1t but she rebuked the thought. It hadn't gone that far she had said. It was the `Radio Nigeria' of a girl that had complicated issues. Anyway, none of them had done Adefemi any good.

Fatimah tried to gather courage. “Why did you slap him? What rubbish is this?” But she didn't get a reply as Zainob hissed and walked out on her, snapping her fingers as if saying `you will see!!'

“Zainob, Zainob, Zainob,” he shouted to no avail but she didn't come back.

Mrs. Smalls laughed mockingly “so na you wan dey follow teacher drag husband. Yeye dey worry you! You never see your size,” she spoke as if Adefemi was the same age with Miss Yemisi, as though that would have prevented the hot slap.

He wasn't pleased with Mrs. Smalls but he couldn't say anything as he respected her. He caressed his right cheek to examine may be her hand had stock there, made after-mark print of fingers, - because the hot-ness of the slap was still trying to cool. He stood up and wanted to go after Zainob but Fatimah held him back.

“Do you have sense at all?”

He scratched his head. He was clueless, not knowing what he was going to do. The girl he had been pestering to have as his girlfriend and had just accepted his resquest yesterday was going away very angry and here was Fatimah, the girl he should be dating if not for his foolishness. He almost forgot Miss Yemisi was calling him.

May be the slap took away his senses, only him knew. What was he going to do now? Though Fatimah was occupied but why the heck was she trying to prevent him from going after Zainob?.

“But,.....Fatimah, why,... don't,.... you,.. let me,.. go,.. after,.. her?.” He finally gathered courage but the courage wasn't even courageous enough.

He was picking the words one by one. A nut was let loosed in his throat. Yap, he was going to shed tears because of the slap. Such slap that inflicted instant childishness, - makes one cry like a dummy.

“See George, you don't have to stoop so low to that girl's level. Imagine the slap she gave you and you still want to chase her and beg her! Something must be wrong with your number six.

That girl is too saucy. She is even a `dullard', she knows nothing. Why the hell is she angry? Because Miss Yemisi your subject tutor asked to see you? Then the slap, what for? Don't you see she is senseless? And who is she to you? Just a mere friend. You need to have common sense and dignity George. You have to!!!”

He was a bit reasonable now. Yes, why was she angry anyway and why the slap? Wasn't it just his teacher calling him? But he couldn't correct Fatimah - Zainob was now his girlfriend. The girl that had dominated the longing-for-her Tournament in his heart. Oh, what fool love can be!!!

“Let me go answer Miss Yemisi then.” He felt shy as the people in the kiosk stared at him. They shook their heads in disbelieve.

Mrs. Smalls giggled and mocked his cowardice. She later felt sorry for the young man. Felt sorry for herself too. She reasoned about what she had done. She had been the one who complicated all these issues because of her guesses or presumption`s'. She felt like consoling him but she didn't have the heart to open her mouth.

“That should be cool, don't let that girl disturb your mind. I don't like her George. She is certainly not your type with her display just now. But I hope nothing is going on between you and the NYSC teacher?”

Was Fatimah also jealous?

“Don't you trust me?” He forced a dry smile.

She laughed in return “of course I do. Don't mind my silly ass.”

She caressed his right cheek with her wet palm. Then moment, they stared into each other's eyes. Their pupils focused and it pierced into the apples that appeared in the iris.
There was the longing for each other's warmth. The joy to be together between them. That feeling of the best person in the world I could ever be happy with, yet - they didn't know what to do to be together.

Their faces stood like a full stop, then it moved and lines started to appear till it all faded into a smile. She slid her hands down as they were brought back into reality by the clearing of the throat by one of the students in the cafeteria.

“Ermm, Mrs. Smalls, please make the snacks for just a person with a drink. I'll bring the bottle once my friend is done with it.” He tried to divert their minds.

Fatimah collected the packaged doughnuts, a drink and a straw held to its body. He paid her and they made for the school.
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 1:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
Dear honourable readers/followers,

You people might be angry embarassed but don't let it be too much on me grin

Man proposes and God disposes, abi? cool

Make una no vex too much, exam don dey near cry

On the other hand,.......

Typing,...... grin
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by harjibolar10(m): 2:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
Fembleez1:

Make una no vex too much, exam don dey near cry

Typing,...... grin
And if ya boi may ask, which exam again abeg?
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by harjibolar10(m): 2:50pm On Jun 03, 2015
You know that Zainob is a left fitter girl ooo, anyways, those that use left always good in that kind of a thing naa

This small small pupils yii, I think they are taking their love thing more higher than it's should be ooo, imagine, slapping a guy because you heard say he dey date his teacher, you no dey fear ni

And this Mrs whatever you call her name yii, she get problem ooo, big one per se. .. now she don complicate everything now, but she even do good sha, cos "one man loss, may be another man's gain" as I see someone losing because of what she did, and also see some on the other side

Bros, oya keep em coming, and for the exam, best of luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Barbienice(f): 2:51pm On Jun 03, 2015
@Fembleez I wish you all the best in your exams and tnx for the update.

1 Like

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 3:17pm On Jun 03, 2015
harjibolar10:
And if ya boi may ask, which exam again abeg?

Post-UTME(around the corner) and Diploma entrance exam (coming up in August or so). cry

I never read since like 1month and the half. embarassed
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 3:19pm On Jun 03, 2015
Barbienice:
@Fembleez I wish you all the best in your exams and tnx for the update.

Thanks for the wish and for dropping a comment dear. Means a lot to me. kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (37) (Reply)

Three Sides Of A Coin / Lost in Lust [A story by Toyin Olorunsola] / STORY: Babe In Total Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.