Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Harry Kane Is Not Ready For English Starting Role - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Harry Kane Is Not Ready For English Starting Role (497 Views)

Pellegrini Should Let Yaya Go If He Is Not Ready To Play / Harry Kane's Addition Is The Right Choice By Roy Hodgson / Who Deserve England Call Up....harry KANE Or CHARLIE AUSTIN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Harry Kane Is Not Ready For English Starting Role by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:29am On Mar 28, 2015
[b]England Manager Roy Hodgson admitted that Harry Kane will find it difficult breaking into the English National team despite his impressive season and scoring in his English debut.

Harry Kane lived up to his hype as he came in as a 71st minute substitute and he converted a Raheem Sterling cross in England's 4-0 victory over Lithuania in the Euro 2016 qualifiers.

Hodgson is not prepared to change his system to accommodate Harry Kane and Wayne Rooney is the leading striker of Hodgson's one man attack system. Harry Kane will find it difficult knocking Wayne Rooney out of the English starting line up.

"It's good Harry gets his chance and grabs it with both hands - it adds that bit of magic to the evening," Hodgson told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"In this way of playing, he competes with Wayne Rooney. To get him in the team we would have to change our way of playing.

"We can do that but the players are suited to the way we're playing at the moment.

"We've got so many good players I feel whoever I put in will do a good job. Everyone's trying to be a good unit."

"You can only beat what's in front of you," added Hodgson. "We had to work hard to wear them down in the first half and we got our reward in the second half when they tired.

"Our major test will be when we get to France [for the finals] and I'm convinced we'll get there. We've got a year and bit to work with them and this team are so young."

Harry Kane described his debut with the English National team as a dream after the youngster scored 79 seconds into his first international game.

Harry Kane replaced Wayne Rooney and announced himself in the international scene after he converted a Raheem Sterling cross.

Harry Kane could not hide his joy after the game. This goal takes him to 30 goals this season. Rooney, Welbeck and Sterling scored in the game too.

"It's not too bad," Kane told ITV. "It's the start I dreamed of.

"It's all a bit of a blur but I'm delighted."

Kane beamed: "By far. To represent your country at senior level is the top.

"Hopefully it's the first of many."

"That's up to the boss," he added. "If I'm called upon, that'd be great.

"We'll see what happens."

Roy Hodgson should do what he feels helps the team and not yield into pressure from fans. Harry Kane is having an amazing season but in the National team, there is a system on ground.

Changing the system to favor a player is not right. Harry Kane should work hard for his place in the team. Harry Kane should aim at displacing Rooney as the top English striker. That will make Kane achieve his full potential that he is capable of.

http://footymail..com/2015/03/harry-kane-is-not-ready-for-english.html[/b]
Re: Harry Kane Is Not Ready For English Starting Role by coded01: 1:10am On Mar 29, 2015
Yet he scored his first goal in his 1st International game as a Substitute in only less than 60seconds... cool

When will he be ready then? lipsrsealed

English media sha... grin
Re: Harry Kane Is Not Ready For English Starting Role by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:06am On Mar 29, 2015
coded01:
Yet he scored his first goal in his 1st International game as a Substitute in only less than 60seconds... cool

When will he be ready then? lipsrsealed

English media sha... grin

As long as Hodgson plays a one man attack system, the only way Harry Kane can be a starter is to topple Rooney by maintaining his current form.

(1) (Reply)

Man Utd Could Miss Out On Zlatan Ibrahimovic If They Keep Louis Van Gaal. / Chelsea Vs Newcastle United. 2:30pm / La Liga Week 21 Results And Table

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.