Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,407 members, 7,864,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:02 AM

Nijacon 2009 - Abuja. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nijacon 2009 - Abuja. (708 Views)

The Worst Site Of 2009? / Best Website So Far 2009: Drop Yours / Firefox Flags Sun News Online As An Attack Site (March 19, 2009) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nijacon 2009 - Abuja. by ack: 6:52pm On Jan 21, 2009
We're starting a conference up, which should be active sometime later this year, such things would promote cross-development on a plethora of topics amongst co-developers in the industry, or plain hobbyists.

Most of the talks which would be presented, at Nijacon this year aim to be centric to exploitation, on web platforms and others ,

More details are to follow, I haven't even begun a call for papers, or started up a talk I aim to present; being as it hasn't been done before, we may just do some things which have been disclosed in the past, like BGP hacks, software based encryption hacks, and all the goods that made alot of noise last year, just to get people to have a feel of what we hope to establish.

It's still in planning, but we hope to kick off around August. Only a few people have come together for the management of the event, but I'd like viewers to give me their feedback; If you don't reside in Abuja, hotel arrangements would be made prior to your arrival; We expect to have this take place at the British Council, or, alternatively at the Transcorp Hilton hotels.

It's the first in a series of many conferences aimed towards F/OSS software, exploitation and web dev centric mannerisms.

More details to follow, site should be up soon (nijacon.org).

The fee is 7-bay. You'll get a free Linux/BSD distribution set up for you (if we're out of them, we'll make sure to get them to you copied, or sent through the mail at a latter date, if you wish to distribute them yourself). Free beers and snacks are going to come available too. I want this to run through the day, until there's some sort of football match on, that we all watch, and discuss things through with. It should be a two/three day event

As I said earlier, its still in planning; It may just end up being a few old guys with laptops, drinking beers, and going home to bed before work the next morning, but we'll see how things map out.

Give me your responses.
Re: Nijacon 2009 - Abuja. by yawatide(f): 7:08pm On Jan 21, 2009
Beer and coders? I guess you haven't watched the movie. Drunken coding is an art mastered by a lucky few tongue

Having said that, why start in January to advertise something that won't happen till August? I think it is too early for that. A lot could happen b/w now and then. May or June would have been better, IMHO.

Good luck!
Re: Nijacon 2009 - Abuja. by OmniPotens(m): 12:22pm On Jan 22, 2009
Point one: You are still planning and have already set the bill. How come?

Will get back later. Just saw this and it put me off reading through and thinking over it.
Re: Nijacon 2009 - Abuja. by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 27, 2009
Looks like a gr8 idea - just see if u can pull it through - i alwayz like to keep my fingers crossed in situations like this.
7-bay? ehm - i have not added my transport to abuja - plus accomodation,

(1) (Reply)

Next Home Work For Students: A Plain Php Photo Gallery - See Screenshot. / Great Looking Minisite - Step By Step / Hot Fireworks,flash And Webdesign Guys Needed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.