Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,485 members, 7,958,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:05 PM

Neymar Will Surpass Pele - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Neymar Will Surpass Pele (604 Views)

#Respect..Cr7 Gives £5m To Nepal While Messi Gives Neymar Penalties.haha / Neymar Is The Only Player Who Can Reach The Level Of Cristiano Ronaldo And Messi / Pele: Ronaldo Better Than Messi But The Future Belongs To Neymar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Neymar Will Surpass Pele by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:07pm On Mar 28, 2015
[b]Brazilian Football legend, PELE, believes his position as Brazil's greatest player is not under threat. Pele believes Neymar cannot surpass him.

Pele have seen many great players try to surpass him but none of them have. Pele was part of three World Cup winning teams and scored over 1000 goals. Ronaldo and Romario, two Brazilian greats could not surpass Pele.

Pele is not worried about the impressive performances by Neymar for Brazil. Pele believes the Barcelona attacker can not eclipse his performance.

Pele said: "I think to be the new king, the new Pele, is impossible. Because my mother and my father closed the machine. I think he's a good player, an excellent young player and he's going to be a big star, no doubt."

Pele believes he would have been influential in this era if he played with the current greats, Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

"If you ask, would Beethoven be important now? Of course," he said.

"If I was in this moment and prepared to play in this moment. The thing people forget is I was given a gift to play football, this is something no-one can judge." Pele insisted.

"I didn't think - I cried," he said.

"It's unfortunate that the two World Cups played in Brazil, in 1950 when I was nine years old, we lost. And now we lost again. This is something no-one can explain." Pele replied when asked about Brazil's 7-1 loss in the hands of the Germans at the last World Cup.

Romario predicted Neymar will surpass Pele's goal scoring record for Brazil.

Pele's 77 goals in 92 games for Brazil is the national record, towering ahead of football icons such as Ronaldo (62), Romario himself (55) and Zico (48).

Neymar scored 43 goals in 61 games for Brazil at the age if 23 and he has the time to eclipse Pele's Brazilian goal record.

In quotes from Lancenet (Portuguese, via Goal.com), Romario said:

"Even though he is still young, Neymar is well aware of what he means for the world of football, and for the Brazilian game in particular.

"He is the one player the Brazilian people believe in and he has everything to make history.

"There have been a lot of players who scored a lot, but weren't able to do so for Brazil. This was not the World Cup for him, but there's still time.

He's only 22 and already near Brazil's three all-time top goal scorers. If he manages to keep this up, he will surpass Pele."

Neymar has what it takes to surpass Pele's goal scoring record. He is young and his goals for his national side is impressive. However, surpassing the works of the Legendary Pele is close to impossible for Neymar.

Pele started his world cup winning career early at seventeen years and blossomed from there. Pele is already a great name in the game and people will not rate Neymar over Pele despite what he achieves.

One thing is sure, Neymar will break Pele's goal scoring record for Brazil. Pele should know that record is under threat.

http://footymail..com/2015/03/neymar-will-surpass-pele.html
[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Club World Cup Semi-final: Real Madrid V Club America / Nigerian Bus Driver Kills Four Barca Supporters. / Real Madrid's Alvaro Negredo To Join Sevilla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.