Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,865 members, 7,841,246 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

8 Personal Development Strategies For A Student In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 8 Personal Development Strategies For A Student In Nigeria (569 Views)

Man Rejected In Nigeria Over Facial Tumour Now A 4th Year Medical Student In USA / Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! / Davido Is The Only Graduating Student In His Department (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

8 Personal Development Strategies For A Student In Nigeria by Patiladwonder(m): 11:00pm On Mar 28, 2015
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT FOR A STUDENT IN NIGERIA

“It is better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one,
than to have an opportunity and not be prepared” - Glen A. McQuirk

I want you to know that for you to be a balanced student; you have to develop
yourself personally. Many people making tremendous impact today develop themselves personally.
As a student in higher institution, make sure when you finished your four or five year
course, you do not just graduate with a certificate. Rather graduate with additional
skills, certificates and experiences. Develop your God given gift and talent before you
graduate.

I know someone who does not know what to do in life even at 300 level. He assumed
that God did not give him any skill or talent. He did not know exactly what he had
passion for. However, he later discovered himself and began to develop himself along
public speaking. Today he is the managing consultant of SAB Consulting.

His interest is in business development, peak performance and so on.
Before he graduated, he was invited for many speaking engagement and
he also established a monthly training programme called “From nothing to something seminar”.
He also finished with a very good grade. I don’t know what you are thinking now but,
I know for sure that your dreams will come true. Just go ahead and start.

TIPS FOR PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT FOR A STUDENT IN NIGERIA

The first thing is discovering your purpose. Then you begin to gather resources
together along that line to fulfill your purpose.

READ BOOKS:- There is no successful person I have seen with a great,
remarkable impact and influence, with a strong significance that is not a reader. I
believe every student reads but what we read is what differs. Some like reading
newspaper, mills and boon, novels e.t.c. These are good, but if you want to make
great and tremendous impact in your field and purpose in life, you have to read
along your line.

Read books that will develop your skills and talent as a business
person, books along entrepreneurship, motivation, leadership, management,
finance, bookkeeping etc should be your major focus. E-books have made things
easy, you can have millions of e-books on your laptops and other electronic
devices.

However, read books on other topics that are not related to your field so as
not to be stereotyped, myopic and narrow minded in your view of life. Love
knowledge for the sake of knowledge.

Read the rest here:
http://dayoadetiloye.com/personal-development/

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read...black People Don't Read! / How To Apply For 2015 Scholarship / Elizade University Post UTME 2015/2016 Form Is Out Onsle.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.